Did normal/casual guilds just give up?

5 lockouts into the new tier, 50% of registered guilds haven't got past the 3rd boss out of 12 on normal mode.

Did the all deserve to fail because they were bad?

Is it a great tier because even normal mode is hard? (But only for bads.)

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume people who haven't gone past the 3rd boss are just bad? Yes, let's rule out 99% of the possibilities and just assume they're bad. I haven't done a single normal mode boss because I've burnt out on raiding and simply don't care. That doesn't mean I'm bad, I'd outplay most of these "hard core" raiders any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak for our guild, but were on an extremely low pop server, and were the only raiding guild on alliance side. That said, we can't even get people to show up half the time for raids.

I still raid with my casual alt run guild.. we're 1/12 heroic.. so not all have given up

Deleted
    No. We haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    normal mode raiders or casuals =/= bads. really great players simply have no desire to do Hard modes. please quit generalizing everybody as bads.

nothing is wrong with an actual challenging raid tier. it will take time for the majority to make progress, just as it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz seems to be okay with 'release difficult content, nerf it once its no longer relevent, a.k.a when next tier comes out'. Not sure why that's considered a good strategy, TBH. I thought heroic raids were where people were supposed to really beat their heads against the wall.

So, it's fun farming 1-2 bosses per week? Really?

It seems to me that LFR "raiders" are fine, and heroic raiders are fine, and normal mode raiders got ooked in the dooker.

Normal modes are hard again time will tell if it was a wise decision.

My guild started raiding this week and we are working on Horridon. It's not easy to find players not to talk of good players for morning guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    5 lockouts into the new tier, 50% of registered guilds haven't got past the 3rd boss out of 12 on normal mode.

Can only speak for my guild. In our case, we had only progressed to 6/6 MV, 5/6 HoF when ToT came out. This was a lot due to ever since MoP was released we have had issues with members having to take a break for one reason or the other, at least three of them had to quit because they had to focus on getting a job, two of these were tanks. So we have more or less been in a constant process of getting old members back, gearing them up, only to see either them or another person leave shortly after repeating the whole process again.

The server we play in is Burning Steppes, which is an incredibly dead server. There is no way to recruit anyone really, so our only option is to try to get old members who used to play with us back into the game (which we have succeeded with, but they are currently in the process of catching up in gear). Because of constant tank swaps, and one of our main tanks having a lot of difficulties with his work schedule interfering with our raids (his work shifts changes all the time and can be at any hour of the day at any day of the week), we have only taken down the first boss in ToT, and gotten to the third door on Horridon.

We only raid twice a week, three hours each time, and even with that quite a few raids have had to be canceled because our main tank couldn't make it.

Wiped a bunch of times, every new evening facing Horridon we'd have at least 2 people who never done the encounter.
    Wiped about 28 times in total, got to the last door, progressing slowly, but progressing.
    In the mean time we keep missing a few members and after our most succesfull night we haven't been able to muster enough people with good enough gear to even try Horridon anymore.
    And for the last 4 nights not even enough people to do any of the raids, not even Terrace.

So here I stand, gazing at Horridon, knowing he should have been downed ages ago but simply unable to get the people for it anymore.

I've heard similiar stories from other guilds as well, people finaly got a challenge for normal modes and they bailed.
    Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the wall was a few bosses deeper in, so you'd at least clear a bit every week and if the trash before te wall didn't take forever to clear as well.
    It's a bad mentality either way, but the situation isn't helping much either.

10+ Year Old Account

Making assumptions and disqualifying people based on those assumptions is truly bad in my opinion....

Deleted
    So, it's fun farming 1-2 bosses per week? Really?

It seems to me that LFR "raiders" are fine, and heroic raiders are fine, and normal mode raiders got ooked in the dooker.
    Tier's going to end tomorrow... true story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this thread. This thread won't leave to anything else but bashing of people and their raiding options.