Man riding through a forest during sunrise is just so pretty.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    Man riding through a forest during sunrise is just so pretty.
    You know what's better than that? Riding through Velen and a "??" Griffin flying out of nowhere which swoops right in to kill me.

Anyone else has a problem where you can't grab onto ledges?

Something like this.

http://i.imgur.com/tHXUG4Y.jpg

Already hate some mobs with a passion already, mainly Groups of Foglets and Wraiths more so. Everything else is pretty much easier to kill in groups. That Wraith ruin in Velen that spawned about 8-10 wraiths and one of those more deadlier wraith boss things which i forget the name of was not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    The climbing does seem very gltchy to me. I believe if there is bird/bat crap on it, you should be able to climb it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried the barbers and must admit that any style of hair or beard besides long just doesn't look right to me. Even yen commented that she liked my beard.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Something like this.

havent had prolems with it

just hold down the jump/climb button

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Something like this.

Are you in combat at the time? or just recently left it?

It is somewhat annoying that the control schemes change so dramatically when in combat. Control in general needs some work. I ended up getting stuck in a puddle in the crookback bog while fighting a hag lol. Dodged into a deep puddle and couldn't get out.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Gotta love shooting down a ?? griffin...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Are you in combat at the time? or just recently left it?

It is somewhat annoying that the control schemes change so dramatically when in combat. Control in general needs some work. I ended up getting stuck in a puddle in the crookback bog while fighting a hag lol. Dodged into a deep puddle and couldn't get out.
    Nope, not in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    so, i've finally started playing witcher 3.. started at "blood and broken bones" difficulty and went through the first boss fight (griffin). i dont know if this mode IS really hard or if i'm just super bad. evading in general is sometimes pretty hard, and i was "just" level 3 without new equipment against the griffin. have to say, with only 150gold i couldnt even buy new stuff anyway

took me a few attempts, but getting a feeling for this fight made him easier with every try. ~.~
    1 one shot the griffin at level 3 and the starter silver sword and it was really easy unlike the wraith though that was me playing bad. Once you understand the concept up: keep up Quen and dodgestrafe around the target.

So far single enemies are easier than groups as it's easier to avoid them. Contemplating to increasing the difficulty.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    67 hrs to fully explore Velen XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

annoying that the only mods out so far all seem to have to do with dicking with the game...like inventory space, and easier xp. wtb Potions/Bombs/Oils/Decoctions radial menus and custom inventory sorting. Meaningful additions, not fucking with metagame stuff.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-05-25 at 09:38 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    ...i just met Zoltan and he bougt an owl that used to belong to "some mage" ... i think i know were this is going... i should kill the bird RIGHT NOW

Is it just me or does the new patch seem to degrade the quality of the textures and the ingame AA to be specific? I swear it looked better before the patch at least in terms of AA quality but it could just be a placebo effect after playing with better AA in other games. Yes I did check to see if my settings reset.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post

So far single enemies are easier than groups as it's easier to avoid them. Contemplating to increasing the difficulty.
    Yeah, single target enemies aren't really an issue at all. Just utilize the dodge key(not the roll, but the sidestep one, the one that is default Alt on PC controls). You keep yourself behind the enemy and will almost never get hit.

Groups can be tough, particularly the types of enemies that lunge/jump at you(e.g. wolves). For those I just attack once or twice, then dodge roll away(the spacebar dodge). If they happen to be really clustered together I'll Igni and roll kite.

The key to combat is to just be really defensive. You can't just zerg rush and absorb a bunch of hits because you die really quick and many enemies can stagger you when they hit you so you can't just swing away while getting hit.

Started in night to Tuesday, finished on Sunday morning.
    I LOVE it.
    And I even left whole villages untouched, more than hundred ? marks and so on.
    Damn, the game is huge - replay incoming.
    P.S.
    I love their fast patching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lessal View Post
    ...i just met Zoltan and he bougt an owl that used to belong to "some mage" ... i think i know were this is going... i should kill the bird RIGHT NOW
    Yes, yes you should... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    annoying that the only mods out so far all seem to have to do with dicking with the game...like inventory space, and easier xp. wtb Potions/Bombs/Oils/Decoctions radial menus and custom inventory sorting. Meaningful additions, not fucking with metagame stuff.
    there are some but it only increases the duration which i would think that you would consider cheating

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Is it just me or does the new patch seem to degrade the quality of the textures and the ingame AA to be specific? I swear it looked better before the patch at least in terms of AA quality but it could just be a placebo effect after playing with better AA in other games. Yes I did check to see if my settings reset.
    Wouldnt be surprising honestly >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Figured it out they added in a new setting called Texture Mipmap Bias heres how to tweak it
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gui...fig-file-tweak

- - - Updated - - -

Info about the feature

In 3D computer graphics, mipmaps (also MIP maps)[1][2][3] are pre-calculated, optimized sequence of textures that accompany a main texture, each of which is a progressively lower resolution representation of the same image. The height and width of each image, or level, in the mipmap is a power of two smaller than the previous level. Mipmaps do not have to be square. They are intended to increase rendering speed and reduce aliasing artifacts. A high-resolution mipmap image is used for objects that are close to the user. Lower-resolution images are used as the object appears farther away.

In the case of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, mipmaps are aggressively used for the innumerable layers of foliage that can be seen for miles, and for just about every other texture in the game. This improves performance and keeps VRAM requirements down, but results in some lower-quality foliage and surfaces in the immediate vicinity of Geralt.

By reducing the bias, as this new setting does, higher-resolution mipmaps are loaded at near-range, and the rate at which mipmaps are scaled down across distant views is reduced, increasing visible detail considerably. Unfortunately, this also increases aliasing and shimmering on fine detail, such as the mesh shoulder pads of Geralt's starting armor, and the many thin pieces of swaying grass. As the bias is further reduced these problems intensify, though they can be somewhat mitigated by increasing the rendering resolution and by downsampling. Also, make sure to disable sharpening filters, which greatly exacerbate these issues.

- - - Updated - - -

They downgraded the textures T-T
    http://international.download.nvidia...-1-2-vs-0.html

They lowered the LOD too http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threa...out-now!/page5
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-05-25 at 10:13 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

My save is crashing after this patch. Is there any way to go back to 1.0.3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Foliage and nearby textures look quite a lot better after 1.04, only thing i've noticed is that there is a little more pop-in due to them loading higher res textures near geralt. Far textures look better too.

Don't forget to check your settings after the patch guys, the texture setting is changed to Low after you patch.

So I just finished the game after roughly 67 hours spent and I am immediately aching for a second playthrough on the hardest difficulty. Not playing it will leave a hole in my chest for weeks.