10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Well if it enhances your enjoyment of the game then who cares if its cheating? I dont think you'd sit there for hours on end collecting and selling a mace worth 50g
    We justify "cheating" all the time. Some of it is way more overt than others, but usually it is justified in our own minds. For a single player game like The Witcher, cheating might enhance your gameplay. However, if there were a level of multi-player competition then that would detract from someone else's gameplay. The only time we should really worry is when our cheating affects the enjoyment of others.

Deleted
    The witcher 3 is good game, but not the game of the year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And you are stupid.

Cheating is most definitely not subjective.
    Not the way I would have phrased this but a valid point nonetheless.

"Cheap" behaviour and literal cheating are worlds apart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Well if it enhances your enjoyment of the game then who cares if its cheating? I dont think you'd sit there for hours on end collecting and selling a mace worth 50g
    I think multiple people have pointed out that they in fact care about cheating.

That being said, what you do in your own game is your business. It's when you feel you have to broadcast it and justify it in a gaming forum that you will meet resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sebrid View Post
    The witcher 3 is good game, but not the game of the year for me.
    I don't think it will be my game of the year either, although at the moment I'm hard pressed to pick something I've played which is better.

Have to see how the end of the year works out, if nothing stellar pulls ahead the witcher 3 could get it by default for being so tight - even if it is a little tangential to my interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Witcher 3 already has steep competition in Bloodborne and Batman: Arkham Knight although I personally haven't played Arkham Knight I do know it's been getting nearly perfect scores across the board. Then of course there is Fallout 4, which Bethesda's track record is so good that it isn't unreasonable at all the think that it will live up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The Witcher 3 already has steep competition in Bloodborne and Batman: Arkham Knight although I personally haven't played Arkham Knight I do know it's been getting nearly perfect scores across the board. Then of course there is Fallout 4, which Bethesda's track record is so good that it isn't unreasonable at all the think that it will live up to the hype.
    Bloodborne? Dark Souls with guns? Really?

And Arkham Knight...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And you are stupid.
    Says the guy getting his jimmies rustled by someone cheating in a single player game.

My sides.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2015-07-07 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Bloodborne? Dark Souls with guns? Really?
    I notice you didn't link the reviews for Bloodborne, you know, the ones where it is unanimously popular and people have claimed its the best thing From Software has ever created?

I haven't had a chance to play it yet as I don't have a PS4 but it would probably be my GOTY if I did, I loved both DS1 and DS2.

They're overrated because people mistake difficulty with doing its best to piss you off.

Dark Souls isn't a game based on skill as much as it's based on knowing how to ''play''/trick the game ( which enchants to get and what hidden weapons to find and upgrade ) and learning the patterns of bosses.

The story is basically being recycled ever since DS1, the graphics are just about the same and they all do their damn best to leave new players in utter confusion.

As for reviews, Witcher 3 still trumps it.

Dark Souls and co. shouldn't even be considered RPGs. They're action games with RPG elements thrown into the mix, not the other way around.

They're overrated because people mistake difficulty with doing its best to piss you off.

Dark Souls isn't a game based on skill as much as it's based on knowing how to ''play''/trick the game ( which enchants to get and what hidden weapons to find and upgrade ) and learning the patterns of bosses.
    Yes and the witcher 3 has such deep gameplay comparatively.

It's got a great world design and the story is well developed but the combat is fairly shallow, much more so than Dark Souls. Your description of Dark Souls seems pretty jaded and very reductionist. Also I'm fairly sure all boss fights are about learning the pattern of bosses.

Dark Souls and co. shouldn't even be considered RPGs. They're action games with RPG elements thrown into the mix, not the other way around.
    You are quibbling. Action RPG, RPG with action elements, RPG - these are all labels which mean the same thing, the genre is diverse and I like it that way.

As for reviews, Witcher 3 still trumps it.
    Their metascore is identical on the only platform which has both.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2015-07-07 at 02:39 AM.

Yes and the witcher 3 has such deep gameplay comparatively.

It doesn't, but the only thing that stands out in Dark Souls is gameplay whereas gameplay is the Witcher's worst trait and it's still pretty close to Dark Souls' best.

Their metascore is identical on the only platform which has both.
    That's because you're looking at the wrong side. The score on the right is where you look. Also PC.

Not that it matters anyway.

The lore, graphics, animations, character development, quests, story are all better in the witcher.

Dark Souls' only saving grace is the gameplay that tricks many into thinking it's oh so deep and hard when in fact it really isn't.

Your description of Dark Souls seems pretty jaded
    Not at all, I played both DS1 and DS2 and I liked them both. But people overrate them too much. They forget obvious cons like being really confusing, hidden treasure there's no way you can know about unless you're told about them beforehand ( I'm looking at you Straight Sword of Astora, Fire Longsword, Drake Sword- seriously who the hell would randomly think '' Oh let's shoot the tail of that one boss I don't even have to fight '' ) and literally unplayable on PC without a mod with difficulty. That's not difficulty, it's outright bad design meant to piss you off.

If TW3 has any competition for GOTY it'll be Fallout 4 and seeing as how Bethesda's last 3 big titles ( Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim ) all were GOTY it'll probably win. But if Fallout 4 turns out to be just a Fallout 3 with some upgrades there's no doubt in my mind that The Witcher 3 is the better game.

Bethesda really needs to step it up.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2015-07-07 at 03:06 AM.

It doesn't, but the only thing that stands out in Dark Souls is gameplay whereas gameplay is the Witcher's worst trait and it's still pretty close to Dark Souls' best.
    Your opinion, which isn't one I see very often. Dark Souls has excellent level design, character design and a great soundtrack among other things.

That's because you're looking at the wrong side. The score on the right is where you look.
    The user score on a website notorious for throwaway accounts and horrible users? Yeah, right.

The lore, graphics, animations, character development, quests, story are all better in the witcher.

Dark Souls' only saving grace is the gameplay that tricks many into thinking it's oh so deep and hard when in fact it really isn't.
    Once again, pure unadulterated opinion. I could disagree on many of these points, but why bother since you obviously have made your mind up.

I like both Dark Souls and The Witcher 3, I just like one more than the other. I don't think that is a crime or incorrect by any measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Your opinion, which isn't one I see very often. Dark Souls has excellent level design, character design and a great soundtrack among other things.

The user score on a website notorious for throwaway accounts and horrible users? Yeah, right.

Once again, pure unadulterated opinion. I could disagree on many of these points, but why bother since you obviously have made your mind up.

I like both Dark Souls and The Witcher 3, I just like one more than the other. I don't think that is a crime or incorrect by any measure.
    Where I'm from we call those facts.

Ah, I can do that too.

Bloodborne only has a high score because they bribed the reviewers!!!

character design
    What.

Yeah, Solaire's a real Wrex/Garrus/Morrigan/insert actually good character here.

Ah, I can do that too.

Bloodborne only has a high score because they bribed the reviewers!!!
    Except that I'm disparaging a group of people who have proven themselves to be idiots on the internet (look at the call of duty reviews on metacritic for instance) and you are disparaging 99 publications and writers who have made a living from being professional game critics.

What.

Yeah, Solaire's a real Wrex/Garrus/Morrigan/insert actually good character here.
    Character model design.

Except that I'm disparaging a group of people who have proven themselves to be idiots on the internet (look at the call of duty reviews on metacritic for instance) and you are disparaging 99 publications and writers who have made a living from being professional game critics.

Character model design.
    The troll 0 or 1/10 votes generally make up for the fanboy 10/10 votes. Most games end up with their user rating being accurate. There are a few exceptions, of course ( DA2, ME3 ) but most of them are accurate.

Character model design.
    By all means show me some because nothing I've seen in DS1 or DS2 impressed me.

Also "it is without a doubt the most amazing single player rpg ever", while clearly an opinion when placed in context, seems like more of a statement of fact if you take it on face value.
    Uhh, no. It could never be a statement of fact. You can't make a factual statement on something that is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh, no. It could never be a statement of fact. You can't make a factual statement on something that is subjective.
    Real tired of all the '' all opinions are right '' bullshit.

No, Justin Bieber's music isn't better than Queen's.

Hiding behind an opinion doesn't change that fact.

Real tired of all the '' all opinions are right '' bullshit.

No, Justin Bieber's music isn't better than Queen's.

Hiding behind an opinion doesn't change that fact.
    So you basically don't understand the definition of the words opinion and fact then?

BTW I'm pretty sure when Queen was in their hey day in the 70s a lot of people thought their music was shit compared to their "older better music". That's how times work.

So, uh... how about that Witcher 3 game?

Hope an Enhanced Edition is coming out along with the 2 expansions we are already getting.

So you basically don't understand the definition of the words opinion and fact then?

BTW I'm pretty sure when Queen was in their hey day in the 70s a lot of people thought their music was shit compared to their "older better music". That's how times work.
    I understand them very well. Opinions can be uneducated and thus wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post

Hope an Enhanced Edition is coming out along with the 2 expansions we are already getting.
    Probably will
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The troll 0 or 1/10 votes generally make up for the fanboy 10/10 votes. Most games end up with their user rating being accurate. There are a few exceptions, of course ( DA2, ME3 ) but most of them are accurate.

By all means show me some because nothing I've seen in DS1 or DS2 impressed me.
    I mean, if its your opinion that random people on the internet are more knowledgeable than games industry professionals then I don't really feel the need to dispute it any further.

Plenty of the bosses and enemies are well designed, but if you don't like them then you won't like them no matter what I say :S

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it is certainly a fact that there will be one game which is "the best ever". It's just how we arrive at that conclusion that we are disagreeing with.

Surely there is a game which has "the best ever" review scores or "the best ever" amount of awards or "the best ever" soundtrack. I just don't know how we could conclusively prove it. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post

Game of the Year edition will no doubt release. That's certainly the industry trend at the moment, regardless of winning the award or not.