10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Yennefer because it was the main canon story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I went with Yennefer because it was the main canon story.
    I remember way back in this thread the consensus was that people who only played the games preferred Triss, but those that read the books preferred Yennifer.

As someone in the former crowd I definitely preferred Triss, especially because Yennifer can come off as super abrasive, but the game does a good job of showing that Yennifer is not cold hearted, she doesn't care about anyone else that she doesn't care about (if that makes sense). Since she loves Ciri, she is willing to hurt people for clues, even Geralt.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

I remember way back in this thread the consensus was that people who only played the games preferred Triss, but those that read the books preferred Yennifer.
    Game Triss isn't like book Triss at all. They made Triss into some perfect cute waifu, whereas book Triss was a crazy groupie that chose the Lodge over Ciri/Yennefer and would've let Geralt die if not for Yen.

They also made Yen somewhat bitchier in the game. I mean, she has plenty snark, but it's hilarious rather than... well, in the game she feels like a nagging wife.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/com...from_yennefer/
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2016-07-20 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They also made Yen somewhat bitchier in the game. I mean, she has plenty snark, but it's hilarious rather than... well, in the game she feels like a nagging wife.
    She was Hyacinth Bucket without any redeeming qualities. Still waiting for the option to kill her.

Triss is a girl. Yen is a woman. I was on team Roach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladbar View Post
    Triss is a girl. Yen is a woman. I was on team Roach.
    Triss is Catherine. Yen is Katherine. I was on team Rocket Ship. =D
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    She was Hyacinth Bucket without any redeeming qualities. Still waiting for the option to kill her.

That would be Triss.

Yennefer put all her energy into healing Geralt and died despite knowing she had no chance of bringing him back, endured horrific torture for months without divulging where Geralt and Ciri were, chose her family over the Lodge and forgave Geralt for his fuckups, which were plenty.

Triss is pure scum. Cowardly and treacherous. They did a 180 degree change with her in the games for some reason, bar the part where she rapes Geralt. That one's in line with book Triss.

Deleted
    I see what you say pateu, but you are wrong. So wrong you may need the nice men in white coats to come and help you on a nice vacation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see what you say pateu, but you are wrong. So wrong you may need the nice men in white coats to come and help you on a nice vacation.
    Would you like some salt with your crackers, my good sir?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Triss is pure scum. Cowardly and treacherous. They did a 180 degree change with her in the games for some reason, bar the part where she rapes Geralt. That one's in line with book Triss.
    That must be some 180 as Triss (at the point I am at in the game) may as well have wings and a halo and piss holy water. Guess i'll add reading the witcher books as something I'd like to do but will likely never get the time to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Would you like some salt with your crackers, my good sir?
    Nownow, there is no need for racial slurs.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    That must be some 180 as Triss (at the point I am at in the game) may as well have wings and a halo and piss holy water. Guess i'll add reading the witcher books as something I'd like to do but will likely never get the time to do.
    No shit, she's doing it so she can sweep under the rug the fact that she lied to Geralt that she was the love of his life and locked him in a relationship a non-amnesiac Geralt would've never consented to.

They're all scheming snakes, man.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you say pateu,
    You're wrong in saying I'm wrong.

Deleted
    We all know that you hate Triss just because she's ginger, you racist.

We all know that you hate Triss just because she's ginger, you racist.

She's not even ginger in the books.

Triss Merigold has brown hairs in the books.
    I have no idea why they made her ginger in the games besides "cater to the youth and common conviction about the redheads and sex" etc.

Hi folks. I started playing the first Witcher game years ago; I've never quite managed to finish it, occasionally picking up my old save and getting a little further. I own the second but have never played it. I've now picked up 3. How important is it to finish the first two, or can I jump into 3 without getting hugely confused?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Hi folks. I started playing the first Witcher game years ago; I've never quite managed to finish it, occasionally picking up my old save and getting a little further. I own the second but have never played it. I've now picked up 3. How important is it to finish the first two, or can I jump into 3 without getting hugely confused?
    Yea you can. I played the second one only for a while and skipped the first one, and i understood the masterpiece clearly. There is some names that u might not know as they are from older games but thats about the only thing. The game does very good job at keeping u in the story. There is a character log which tells u all about the characters also.
    U wont get confused

10+ Year Old Account
    This is quite simply the best game I've played in a decade or more.

Working on my second playthrough now.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This is quite simply the best game I've played in a decade or more.

Working on my second playthrough now.
    It is apparent that you hvaen't played too many games during the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It is apparent that you hvaen't played too many games during the past decade.
    Actually seems more likely that they are an individual with their own opinion instead of some ass on a forum trying too hard to make a witty remark.