Page 6 of 348 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I'm so tempted by that CE, it is VERY expensive. But.. never got one in the previous games and as this is the last of the series I may put in the extra money as a testament of how much I loved it <3
    I so want it too. I want the medallion. But it's so freaking expensive, plus no preorder available in Greece as of yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I claim the hundredth post!

OT: I don't see any major expansion content coming out until the Christmas of 2015, so our wallets should be safe for a while after release.
    Missed it xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-ordered CE

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuo Heiwajima View Post
    Pre-ordered CE
    Thought about it, realized I wouldn't do anything with most of the things it comes with. If they add a map or something with the normal copy of the game like Skyrim I'll be set.

Also, it's probably just me, but I thought that the gameplay footage in the latest trailer looked pretty much exactly at the level of max settings Witcher 2.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2014-06-08 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I do hope they come out with a few minutes of gameplay, because I`ve had Witcher 2 for ages, but just can`t get into it at all.
    The UI.../cringe, the combat (with the mod) etc, just never felt right to me.

I`ve played Oblivion, Skyrim et al which somehow felt better, although Witcher 3 I dare say will look much better.

Ah well, time`ll tell, but I won`t risk a pre-purchase until I`ve seen something.
    Plenty of time to wait though

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    I do hope they come out with a few minutes of gameplay, because I`ve had Witcher 2 for ages, but just can`t get into it at all.

I`ve played Oblivion, Skyrim et al which somehow felt better, although Witcher 3 I dare say will look much better.

Ah well, time`ll tell, but I won`t risk a pre-purchase until I`ve seen something.
    If you hated Witcher 2 combat, did you manage to play the first?

Main thing about the series though is the story so of course it's just my opinion but I think you're doing it wrong if you are after combat more than story in this kind of RPG game...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post

Main thing about the series though is the story so of course it's just my opinion but I think you're doing it wrong if you are after combat more than story in this kind of RPG game...
    If I wanted story I would read a book no offense but that's just an excuse really when they can't optimize the game right and the gameplay lacks or the combat isn't right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post

I`m not just after combat, if there`s a good story that obviously adds to it all too
    I did play the first, GOG gave it free when I pre-ordered Botanicula. Don`t recall sod all about it though hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    If I wanted story I would read a book no offense but that's just an excuse really when they can't optimize the game right and the gameplay lacks or the combat isn't right.
    Yeah it's a valid point but just my opinion is people approach it not in the right way, RPGs are foremost about telling a story, I can't say I loved Witcher 1 combat for example but I tolerated it and got used to it so it became fine for me, the story was incredible so I didn't mind combat flaws etc etc... Just not sure why to look forward to an RPG when you are after the combat more than story :P

Maybe this is the reason why I can't get into Skyrim...

- - - Updated - - -

I`m not just after combat, if there`s a good story that obviously adds to it all too
    I did play the first, GOG gave it free when I pre-ordered Botanicula. Don`t recall sod all about it though hehe
    Ah I see... Well combat in first is horrendous comparing to the second I think :P so you really should try again because Witcher 2 is really amazing, no words really!

Can I pick up 3 and know what's going on without having played the first 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    CDProjeckt emphasized in the interviews that they are expecting alot of new players to pick up three without knowing aything about the first two, and as such they are engineering the story so that existing players can continue right were 2 left off without a hitch and new players can be very smoothly introduced to the world without being overloaded with lore.

Grab the game for 5 dollars on a steam sale and then preorder The witcher 3 on GoG (and get it for 5 dollar cheaper because you already own the witcher 2)

Perhaps you should try the combat without the realism mod, just with the Enhanced Edition's improvements. The realism mod, which is probably the one you are referring to, can feel really off at times, especially if you're not used to games with any types of advanced combat systems. [And judging by your mentioning of Skyrim and Oblivion, you only seem to be accustomed to the most basic and least complicated combat systems that exist on this planet. Seriously, the combat in Skyrim is a joke. It's on the level of most common MMOs, that's how bad/simple it is. *shudder*]

Yes, they've repeatedly said that they'll have multiple things included to help you "catch up" with the story. They'll also make sure that it's easy to get into, without having to look at the game manual every 5 minutes to figure out who this or that character were again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Grab the game for 5 dollars on a steam sale and then preorder The witcher 3 on GoG (and get it for 5 dollar cheaper because you already own the witcher 2)
    Perhaps not the very best idea for his specific problem, because the second game did not receive any beneficial treatment for new players, which means that they are generally left clueless about most characters and the story so far.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt mind getting myself the collectors edition but for £140 kinda puts me of, i have a feeling the hype for the game will be better than the game itself. maybe wait to see more for the game
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2014-06-08 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    i wouldnt mind getting myself the collectors edition but for £140 kinda puts me of, i have a feeling the hype for the game will be better than the game itself. maybe wait to see more for the game
    Got mine for £95 but that was for PC.

Need to change pants after that gameplay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout View Post
    I hate to say this, but it really need to sink.

The games will never ever live to the hype that devs or players created.

that's because hype is a mechanism that simply feed on itself and once started it will inevitably grow out of proportion no matter what. (typical positive feedback loop system)
    Devs maybe say a little thing, that little thing build up in the imagination of players and then like a fisherman tale it goes from "caught a trout" to "I battled that goddamn swordwish bare handed" in a matter of weeks
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2014-06-09 at 07:23 PM.

Well that looked good, heavily scripted, but good.

Deleted
    First time seen any footage of it (even if it was only console...) & it looks okay.
    But confused, did this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw ) cut out part of the gameplay or do you really not get to fight the thing? Cutting to a cut scene of him pulling out a sword & then all of a sudden he`s riding about with its severed head...meh!

First time seen any footage of it (even if it was only console...) & it looks okay.
    But confused, did this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivVXw-NLTw ) cut out part of the gameplay or do you really not get to fight the thing? Cutting to a cut scene of him pulling out a sword & then all of a sudden he`s riding about with its severed head...meh!
    I guess the fight would go on with different phases and they only had a set amount of time for the demo.