[Balance] Horridon 10 Man Heroic - Help!

Hey guys.

My guild recently started on Horridon Heroic [10 man], 1 night progression. My DPS seems to be quite low on fight when compared to other DPSers in the raid group and logs on WOL. I have tried various approaches during our attempts but I always seem to be lacking the proper DPS needed. When mostly got to the 4th door, or died just past it.

Here is the WOL reports for the wipes (Ruith - Druid):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gsk27nx02fqkstf2/

Currently, I am not sure how to approach the adds anymore. I tried to dot up all the main adds with both Sunfire and Moonfire and the smaller adds with the current eclipsed dot. I also try and dot up Horridon when I have time. The main issue seems to be that I am sitting in a certain eclipse to long, losing NG. But when I tried to dot up just a few adds and go through the normal rotation, dotting up adds when it falls off etc. I still did quite bad DPS. I also had the damn fixating dinosaur on me the entire time for most of the attempts.

I just wanted to know how you guys approach the fight when they are a lot of adds up. Is it worth dotting up all the adds and then just cycling through Eclipses using Starsurge procs? Is it worth dotting up Horridon when adds are up or should I just focus on adds? Which adds are the most important to focus on? Is it even worth dotting up the smaller adds? When is the best time to use DPS cooldowns once it is off CD from the pull use? Basically any tips or guidance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I'm not a pro druid here, but from comparing my logs to yours. Your number of casts for both wrath and starfire seem low. I'm guessing the low damage is just from what you said, that you're losing NG buff which lowers your overall dps.

Don't have the time to look it up right now, but iceyveins does have a good guide on which ones to target.

I usually do dot up as much as I can, then proceed to cast until next eclipse and do the same. I save up my cds until the dinomancer comes out. Usually I dot him and everything up. Though, I usually never pop cds from initial pull, I just prepot and cast normally.

Deleted
    I killed him two days ago on my balance druid. I only have Ilvl 505 (got carried by my guild ). I ended with 160k Dps which was last place.
    I think this is a good fight for balance druids, lots of multidot. You should dot anything you'll find. You should have permanent SS-proccs which allow you to cycle through eclipse.

Also Dot if you're not in eclipse. Only hardcast when there aren't adds or all adds have both dots, which dont run off in 2-4sec and you dont get any a SS procc. Whenever you hardcast make sure to attack horridon unless you have to burst a single add (dinomancers f.e.) down.

Thanks for the responses so far! Regarding dotting up the smaller adds, do you apply both dots or just the eclipsed one? :/

Wonder if it is also not more beneficial to go with the 4-set tier 14 instead of 2-set tier 14 and 15, longer dots etc. Any thoughts perhaps on that?
    Last edited by snorecb; 2013-04-05 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on your gear. If you can reach 5300 haste without losing crit you should go with 2t15 + 2t14 , if not I might stick with the 4t14.

Yes I also use the non eclipsed dot, but I apply the eclipsed to all targets first, then the non-eclipsed. Usually you should get enough SS proccs so you wont need to dot every mob with the uneclipsed one.

I have only done the fight on 25 man, but unless there are substantially fewer adds (a definite possibility) the principles should remain the same.

Use Starsurge procs as you get them - don't wait until after you have finished dotting all the adds. This will substantially shorten eclipse cycles.

If in an eclipse, prioritize eclipsed dots. This is less true if you have relatively bad gear, and may be less true in 10m. However, with the sheer number of adds alive and starsurge procs I don't tend to have time to get both DoTs on all targets, especially before leaving eclipse.

If you have just left an eclipse, prioritize the dot from the eclipse you left. That way you will be able to cast the eclipsed dot freely once you hit the next eclipse.

None of the above advice should be construed as a suggestion to replace an existing dot.

Prioritize starsurge over starfall.

While DPS on horridon before the last phase will make your numbers look better, damage done on adds is a bigger benefit to the raid.

Cooldowns tended to line up pretty well at the start of the fight, in time to burn the venomous adds, then when held only slightly to kill the first warbear. In a fight like this it is important to have a fresh eclipse, but which eclipse is not too significant as you are unlikely to do much hardcasting.

Starfall, Ursol's Vortex, and typhoon all work on the dino. Ursol's will work so long as the dino runs into it. However, these options do not give you extra starsurge procs, so it is a balance.

The dino sucks.

Deleted
    Your NG uptime is really quite low, Ive checked try11 as it was longest one. Also you had 113 SS procs but you sent only 57, including hardcasts. You cannot use every SS proc but you should definitely aim for more, interrupt dotting whenever SS procs.

Dot adds with eclipsed dot only and fish for SS procs. Free GCDs spend on 2nd dot.

If you get outta eclipse hardcast to get into second one, never dot without eclipse. Ideally don't dot without NG and eclipse which might be complicated but if you have good proc timer (I am using EventAlert, great for tracking whatever I need) and start hardcasting few seconds before NG runs out. If you will time your dot casts to procs of Jade Spirit, trinkets you won. But you cant influence everything.

Also, Lunar shower is pretty handy here, why not to increase your dps by jumping around when you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    Also, Lunar shower is pretty handy here, why not to increase your dps by jumping around when you can.
    Lunar Shower no longer requires us to move in order to trigger it. This is why we cast the uneclipsed dot before the eclipsed one in our standard rotation, when entering a eclipse.

If you did Will of the Emperor the same applies, if it moves and will live for the full duration, DOT IT! Use SS to push 90% of your eclipse states. Of course if you raid needs heavy burst on an add always nuke it, don't worry about dots. High dps on this fight isn't needed as much as the ability to prioritize where you put your dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most important thing is that you swing eclipse while dotting. People think we can just spam multi dot everything and stand there pushing starsurge > repeat. We can't rely on that, you must swing eclipse by hard casting also.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~