Deleted

choosing a spirit weapon over wand

Given that I get +1% hit with swords/daggers but not with wand. Which one would be better, the spirit sword:

Soulblade of the Breaking Storm
    (+361 Spirit)

or the wand

Venomlord's Totemic Wand

Or put in another way, how much is 1% hit compared to the spirit that is left after reforging?

Well seeing as the sword has spirit which is useless id go for the wand.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

If you had like a 496 weapon I would say it might be worth it, but not in this case. stick with the wand.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your specc and what are your stat weights . for my warlock the sword would be better .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    1% hit is 340 hitrating and you can reforge 136 points of spirit to either hit, haste or mastery. I'd say the weapons are very close to each other but it would require some simcrafting to see which one is better.
    Honestly, I'd just give the weapon to healers. If it's a dps increase, it's going to be a very little one.

Ignoring statweights and just summing up secondary stats:

Wand: 412 crit + 394 haste = 806
    Sword: 431 crit + 144 (reforged Stat) + 340 (1% hitrating @90) = 915 (+216 useless spirit)

Deleted
    The situation is that the healers are rolling sword for offspec already, I got a 511 upgraded sword from previous tier.
    Last edited by mmoc8356333042; 2013-04-05 at 01:53 PM.

Leia ; I had this conversation with my warlock teammate this week. She is human and we were looking for weapon un ToT for her. When I was looking over all the weapon she could use, there were only one sword she would benifit for her racial. Even if it has spirit on it we agreed that it would be beter for the raid if she got it first (I play paladin holy and am the only other one that can roll over it).
    Side-note, if she would manage to get another weapon 522 before the sword drop, I would have the sword since the upgrade for me would be higher.

As for you, since you are a gnome, your racial benifit from using dagger and sword. There is actualy 3 Daggers(one which is a shared drop between every boss) and 1 Sword in ToT.
    Beside yourself, those who might want dagger are : Priest (any spect), druid (balance and resto), Shaman (elemental and resto) mage (gnome for spirit one) and other warlock (gnome for spirit one). The priest, druid and shaman could have first roll over spirit dagger since it also benefit for there off-spect (even better for your raid composition if you sometime swap a healer into dps)
    As for sword : Holy Paladin, mage (human and gnome), warlock (human and gnome), monk (mistweaver).

I can't tell for you if you should roll on that sword or not. I don't know your raid compo. I can only suggest you to look over those point :10/25 man, How many raid member can roll on it, would more damage benefit more your group (if so, who should have it to increase the raid dps more?), would more healing benefit the group (if so, who should have it to increase the healing the more.) if the raid is having healing issue, ask yourself if it because add arent downed by the dps, would equiping the sword to dps help more the healer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Ignoring statweights and just summing up secondary stats:

Wand: 412 crit + 394 haste = 806
    Sword: 431 crit + 144 (reforged Stat) + 340 (1% hitrating @90) = 915 (+216 useless spirit)
    simple as that, just sum up the stats

Spirit Sword > others (as human)
    Dagger > Spirit Sword > others (as gnome)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eierdotter View Post
    simple as that, just sum up the stats

Spirit Sword > others (as human)
    Dagger > Spirit Sword > others (as gnome)
    its not really that simple, if the hit is needed then sure it is prolly better, but if you dont, then the wand is better.

I had 2/2 upgraded elite protectors dagger and a spirit sword simmed higher for me. You're probably gonna want to use it over anything below a heroic sha touched or heroic elite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    its not really that simple, if the hit is needed then sure it is prolly better, but if you dont, then the wand is better.
    i do not really get what you want to tell here...

if you have more than 15% hit, you should reforge out of it
    if you have less than 15% you should reforge for it

1% hit racial means 340 hitrating gets reforged into some dmg stats. more stats = better

Deleted
    There is a theoritical situation where you have so much hitrating that you simply cannot reforge out of it enough and cant prevent being overhitcapped, but i doubt that its doable in this tier even with wusholay trinket and exp/haste gems in red sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by yalin View Post
    There is a theoritical situation where you have so much hitrating that you simply cannot reforge out of it enough and cant prevent being overhitcapped, but i doubt that its doable in this tier even with wusholay trinket and exp/haste gems in red sockets.
    Then you ungem expertise? I don't see what your problem is. You comment about having too much hit with a speicific gem/reforging setup but fail to comprehend that you can also reforge/gem OUT of hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Then you ungem expertise? I don't see what your problem is. You comment about having too much hit with a speicific gem/reforging setup but fail to comprehend that you can also reforge/gem OUT of hit.
    seems you didnt understand my comment at all. read above converstation again.
    the key was 'theoritical' and 'i doubt it's doable in this tier".

1% hit racial means 340 hitrating gets reforged into some dmg stats. more stats = better
    this is the statement i agree with 100%.

My fellow lock and I will be using the spirit sword if they ever drop again simply because if you're not a "World First" guild, every little bit of gear spread around helps the raid as a whole to push the harder bosses. Since only Locks and Holy Paladins can use it, we can take them if they drop before any of the other weapons decide to drop, and that gives our other casters dibs on the rest of the weapons. Then, once they all have theirs we can go for them. It's easily accessible being from the first boss on heroic, and the rest of the bosses are a step up in difficulty for most guilds so it may take them a while to get them. Besides, using it is better than letting it get DE'd when it would've been a raid gain. Don't let the spirit sword go to DE guys. Take it and let your other raiders get the other weapons. It will get replaced later on and chances are it's better than what you're already using, spirit and all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyzmul View Post
    My fellow lock and I will be using the spirit sword if they ever drop again simply because if you're not a "World First" guild, every little bit of gear spread around helps the raid as a whole to push the harder bosses. Since only Locks and Holy Paladins can use it, we can take them if they drop before any of the other weapons decide to drop, and that gives our other casters dibs on the rest of the weapons. Then, once they all have theirs we can go for them. It's easily accessible being from the first boss on heroic, and the rest of the bosses are a step up in difficulty for most guilds so it may take them a while to get them. Besides, using it is better than letting it get DE'd when it would've been a raid gain. Don't let the spirit sword go to DE guys. Take it and let your other raiders get the other weapons. It will get replaced later on and chances are it's better than what you're already using, spirit and all!
    You forgot about mages and mistweaver monks but i agree withthe rest. An upgrade is an upgrade