WPvP: Druid vs. Hunter

Just a quick discussion topic for you, MMO-Champions. I'm considering rolling one of the two titular classes for some World PvP fun. For the most part, I suppose I'm drawn to classes with a lot of versatility, and that's not to say many different specs (otherwise druid would be the go-to class), but rather, a class that has the most play/counter-play potential when fighting others. I don't really like one-dimensional classes, who have little choice on how to react to different situations or choices made by other players. In short, I like to be able to really out-play people in a variety of different ways, and I thought that perhaps exploring one of these two classes next might be best for that. Any input would be appreciated, as long as it's informed and constructive.

nelf druid. If shit hits the fan and you gotta leave, shadow meld > flight form away

Hunter easily. Any druid spec that isn't feral is an easy target in wpvp, and feral atm is pretty strong but very much one dimensional.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2013-04-05 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    nelf druid. If shit hits the fan and you gotta leave, shadow meld > flight form away
    Well, given that IoT is probably the best place for world pvp, flight isn't an issue for me.

Hunter seems like it would be a lot of fun; they just seem to have a crazy amount of control and tricks they can pull to screw with people, as well as being a unique class.

try a rogue:P with the next patch there might be alot of player you can't kill because they simply outgear you. and a rogue can always get away from a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    try a rogue:P with the next patch there might be alot of player you can't kill because they simply outgear you. and a rogue can always get away from a battle.
    I'm not as interested in the escape capabilities of stealth as I am the element of surprise and ability to sneak up on people. I'm focused on winning a fight, rather than running from one.

I have experience playing a warlock, monk, and death knight at maximum level, but I'm not enjoying them as much as I thought I might. The lack of mobility and other tools and thus need to just take a bunch of punishment for warlocks/death knights isn't as appealing a playstyle to me; I'd rather have to react to what the enemy is doing to stay alive (or at least be able to react in fun ways, like reflectling chaos bolts, even if I could just blow them up instantly, lolhunterzoo). Monk has just been...frustrating. They're fresh in ways, but in my opinion once you get used to their...unique qualities, there's really not much substance to them. Maybe I just need to give it another chance, but.

Quote Originally Posted by Brouhaha View Post
    They're fresh in ways, but in my opinion once you get used to their...unique qualities, there's really not much substance to them. Maybe I just need to give it another chance, but.
    I love playing Monk, the mobility on it is one of the major things that stands out for me. I wouldn't recommend going from Monk or Warlock to Hunter or Feral Druid, it's like a step in the wrong direction, as far as class depth goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I love playing Monk, the mobility on it is one of the major things that stands out for me. I wouldn't recommend going from Monk or Warlock to Hunter or Feral Druid, it's like a step in the wrong direction, as far as class depth goes.
    Perhaps I should give my monk another chance, then; I've just been frustrated with it recently, as it seems Blizzard isn't quite sure what they want the class to be, and there are some glaring issues with its design. I'm not only interested in feral druids, though, so there's that, but as for hunters...while I'm convinced that the skill floor for the class is very low, that is to say, it's easy to be at least somewhat effective with the class even if you're a bad player, the skill ceiling, or "how much crazy shit you can pull off if you're REALLY good", also seems to be very high. I could be wrong, but I've seen some great hunters pull off some things I've never seen any other class do, so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brouhaha View Post
    Well, given that IoT is probably the best place for world pvp, flight isn't an issue for me.

Hunter seems like it would be a lot of fun; they just seem to have a crazy amount of control and tricks they can pull to screw with people, as well as being a unique class.
    Hunter is a lot of fun, I'm doing a lot of WPvP on Isle of Thunder and barely dying to any 1on1 there. So yeah, gaining confidence there, which then gets completely obliterated by some classes when I go to duel in front of Stormwind (Demo Locks, Ferals...). The skill difference is enormous... I don't know what kind of players are there on IoT, but their skill level isn't very competitive.

Dueling is the way to go, to find out what your class is capable of and also to find out how much more one needs to improve. At least on my server, there's everything in front of SW, from R1 to "scrub". PTR is also an option (equal gear there).
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-04-06 at 06:08 PM.