Deleted

Can't commit to any games anymore!

I'm finding myself getting really down about this. I can manage to play WoW every day and log on every day, but any other games I buy I just don't seem to be able to commit. I get really excited about them, buy them, play them for a day and then never start them up again. Anyone else have the same thing?

Deleted
    I have a hard time playing singleplayer games. I don't have the problem with multiplayer games. Do you have the same issue?

I tend not to like rpg's that much anymore. I want something quick and easy, such as BF 3. You hop in for one round and hop out.

Deleted
    Buy better games. what games do you play? 'Attempt to play even

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations, you're a Blizzard victim.
    Now you know why WoW haters hate WoW.

Deleted
    You know, you don't have to play games to be happy. Shit gets boring? Find another hobby.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanknix View Post
    I'm finding myself getting really down about this. I can manage to play WoW every day and log on every day, but any other games I buy I just don't seem to be able to commit. I get really excited about them, buy them, play them for a day and then never start them up again. Anyone else have the same thing?
    Sounds like you're struggling. I'm puzzled as to why you would keep on playing if it's a chore.

Deleted
    I get that sometimes, have days where I just can't settle on a game, just go work out and i'm normally fine after that. Figure its an abundance of energy.

Deleted
    Well I 'attempt' to play things like Mass effect 3, the new sim city, diablo 3, guild wars 2, borderlands 2, mostly. But then I go back to WoW. And it's not a chore at all, I WANNA play, but I sit in front of my screen and stare at my shortcuts until I finally decide meh....WoW it is. I WANT to play my other games I just...Yeah working out sounds like a good idea now.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wasboz View Post
    I have a hard time playing singleplayer games. I don't have the problem with multiplayer games. Do you have the same issue?

I tend not to like rpg's that much anymore. I want something quick and easy, such as BF 3. You hop in for one round and hop out.
    This ^. Mostly. I can settle with multiplayer games much easier ye. Or things where I know I can just pop in and out again. I hate it though. I really enjoy my other games but I cant bring myself to start em up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is because we are right now in the death of a console generation so there aren't a ton of AAA games coming out, even on PC. I played through God of War Ascension recently, hated the story, and Tomb Raider. Neither one did I spend any extra time on, however I also played Assassin's Creed 3 and fell in love. I have beat it to death and am at 100%. Prior to that I had only played WoW since January. So I think, at least in me, it has to do with relatively little time because of classes, and a lack of great games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    To each his own. But you'd really rather spend the umpteenth day doing dailies and slogging thru the same raid than mixing it up? Dead Space 3, Bio Shock, Borderlands 2, Dead Island Riptide, etc...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I've been playing WoW for 5 years this year. Never tried assassins creed before though. None of them. And for me... I have too MUCH time I think. Only have a part-time job so I spend from 11am at home.

I guess blizzards doing a better job than the other companies keeping you're type of player entertained. If im not raiding or doing arenas with friends, than I don't find too much of a point to be on wow at that moment, and will most likely spend my time on other games.

I see no problems with this, it means you got more time to do other things. Esp now when spring has arrived/is arriving. Spend time outdoors, go get a coffee with mates, enjoy the sun!

I only really play WoW a few hours each week and I still enjoy it, I do a dungeon every now and then with guildies but for the most time I just do some arena with rl friends, been playing since early BC. As far as other games goes, I've been thinking about getting the new Simcity game but will wait till they've sorted out all the issues they had at the start.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-04-05 at 06:50 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the same problem. Before wow I use to buy games often, a new one maybe every month or two months, and built a collection. Then I began playing wow and slowly gave up buying new games. The last 'new' game I played for any good length of time was skyrim, but after playing wow for so long, it felt weird playing a single player game, and I couldn't find as much enjoyment in it due to the lack of interacting with people in it.

I've tried other mmos, but I'm always comparing them to wow, and none of them hold up in terms of choice, design, longevity and things to do. I'm at the point now of being very bored with wow, but nothing to follow on from.

While I was playing WoW I hardly played any console games at all.

Since I have quit my game collection has doubled and I would say I am getting more enjoyment out of them, then I have out of WoW for a very long time.

Tomb Raider
    Uncharted Series
    Assassins Creed Series
    God of War Ascension
    Bio Shock Infinite

Although have to say I have a hell of a time with first person shooters on console games. Give me a mouse and keyboard and am awesome, give me that controller I am hopeless.

Maybe you are growing out of games, surprising you still play wow.
    Anyway is this really a motive to make a thread? O_o this isnt /v/