Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Indeed warlock self healing, and probably the self healing for all classes that don't get heal% from pvp power, has been gutted.
    Lol this. I wonder if people will still think second wind is OP when its ticking for like 5k.

BOW TO YOUR HYBRID OVERLORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Lol this. I wonder if people will still think second wind is OP when its ticking for like 5k.

BOW TO YOUR HYBRID OVERLORDS!
    Based on my observations I think Damage Mitigation Classes > Hybrids > Percent Heals. If you have both mitigation and percent heals you might be alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hybrid healing is back to the 5.1 levels again. Should have been 100% for hybrids instead of 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's one thing I'd love to see. As a warlock, this is a massive nerf to my survivability and blizzard knowing they are not going to give a proper compensation for it.
    I also think every class should have a small percent recovery constant that isn't under the thumb of fatigue, 1% every 2s, then test the self healing percentages from other abilities so they aren't too weak or too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I would rather see them scale the same way off pvp power as hybrid dps.
    It would be much simpler to leave % based healing off battle fatigue affected spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is yet another nerf to self healing to pures. It is retarded that hybrids get a buff for PvP power healing while warlocks who is the one class that need selfhealing gets even more nerfed.

and i was so happy i got an extra 1% to recup on the pvp gloves for rogues ))) think i will go back to my 7k tick/3 sec and remove the spell from UI ;D

Deleted
    These changes are real? I thought it was just my imagination.

Indeed warlock self healing, and probably the self healing for all classes that don't get heal% from pvp power, has been gutted.
    IIRC, someone posted a tweet saying that Warlock self-heals and shields would benefit from PvP Power in the 5.3 changes.

Does the holy paladin shield from mastery get hit twice?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You forgot about the fact that the gear is getting changed from providing 1k resilience to 1k pvp power (set Bonus), so if you compare live to 5.3, you would need to adjust the increased pvp power, rather than using the same number. Also, since we get a 65% base resilience, we might actually even things out with people receiving less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    I guess pvp power will again be better than int for healers come 5.3?
    There is no "again", pvp power was always inferior to int for healers, since pvp power never gave more than 50%, that was just a tooltip error that has been fixed.
    Last edited by Cjeska; 2013-04-06 at 01:34 AM.

Post merged
    Last edited by pkm; 2013-04-06 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    warlocks self healing is extremely good! absorbs alot not to mention the health of a tank!, pure dps will suffer alot from this change. hybrid healing is already to strong mainly ret! i guess that makes up for poor survivablity but with the spriest nerf it should actually balance out the playing field abit !

Post merged.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-04-06 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

https://twitter.com/holinka This guy is the PvP Tweeter if anyone wants to know the latest ideas! One Example:
    "New proposed PvP Power numbers. Healers: 100%, Druid/Monk/Paladin/Shaman DPS: 70% Others: 40% Battle Fatigue: 45%"
    Also found these 2 "Yes we are going to allow them to benefit from PvP Power" and "Yes your healing will benefit from PvP Power like hybrids" It's mostly the same but saying it multiple times confirms it more imo.

This is another tweet(but from Ghostcrawler): "Not sure yet. One idea: all classes have heals benefit from PvP Power. Recup etc. would get stronger and offset Battle Fatigue."
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

https://twitter.com/holinka This guy is the PvP Tweeter if anyone wants to know the latest ideas! One Example:
    "New proposed PvP Power numbers. Healers: 100%, Druid/Monk/Paladin/Shaman DPS: 70% Others: 40% Battle Fatigue: 45%"
    Also found these 2 "Yes we are going to allow them to benefit from PvP Power" and "Yes your healing will benefit from PvP Power like hybrids" It's mostly the same but saying it multiple times confirms it more imo.

This is another tweet(but from Ghostcrawler): "Not sure yet. One idea: all classes have heals benefit from PvP Power. Recup etc. would get stronger and offset Battle Fatigue."
    Without posting my full charts, based on the information you posted the nerf is much smaller and much more even for all types of heals. I calculate dedicated heals, hybrids and percent heals to be 5.5% less from live at 50% pvp power and only 3% less at 60% pvp power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merged the 2 threads seeing the same stuff is being discussed.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if pures would benefit from PvP Power and/or have a reduced Battle fatigue. Right now, aside from sub, bm and frost, all other pure speces are more or less garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Merged the 2 threads seeing the same stuff is being discussed.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if pures would benefit from PvP Power and/or have a reduced Battle fatigue. Right now, aside from sub, bm and frost, all other pure speces are more or less garbage.
    Sub and BM are good for the wrong reasons.

Ease of play for the two specs has never been higher, and I fundamentally disagree with the trend.
    __

That being said, both specs have laughably low self sustainability but insane unmitigated damage windows/cooldowns. It makes for boring, unchallenging, predictable gameplay.
    __

So my point is basically this, the PvP game model(as further indicated by these latest proposed changes) is moving away from the things that make PvP in any game more than tic-tac-toe.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-04-06 at 06:03 AM.

I think less healing is a good step. I want shit to die faster, coming from a Disc Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    What? Pretty much everyone gems resil as their main secondary... Ret sure as hell does. 10% Damage reduc all the time is not meh at all. It is a pretty MASSIVE buff.
    Ok, I was probably over reacting. Still, we are sitting ducks for melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AyuZ View Post
    I think less healing is a good step. I want shit to die faster, coming from a Disc Priest.
    1. Set up right most 3on3 comps can kill a target within 2~ gcd's at most.
    2. This is neither a nerf nor a buff for normal healers. It's going to be around +-0 in the end.