Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Another I remembered: Dragon Warrior. I couldn't get past the combat of the game, where you just see a few enemies and a graphic that shows a hit. Also why I couldn't get into the RPGMaker games they came out with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merecarth View Post
    I can understand getting bored with Mass Effect. I loved the games, but going back to the first game after playing the rest... its so slow...

You might want to try playing the second instead. You can read up on the plot of the first and still enjoy it just the same
    I'll agree with that ME1 is slow and repetitive. I like the core game though. ME2/3 is much greater improvement, at least in my opinion.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Final Fantasy XIV
    FF14 is popular/raved about? It's pretty much the punch line of the big MMO titles right now.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    a game shouldn't rely on community to be good
    That's bullshit...it's has enjoyable single player and coop campaign + workshop.In the end it doesn't matter how it is delivered as it is free extra content.

Deleted
    gw2 and bf3 tops the lists for me along with swtor

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Another I remembered: Dragon Warrior. I couldn't get past the combat of the game, where you just see a few enemies and a graphic that shows a hit. Also why I couldn't get into the RPGMaker games they came out with.
    Different times to be honest, Dragon Quest games were very primitive back in the late 80's and early 90's. When Dragon Quest 4 came out for the SNES, it got better.

Borderlands series - Its extremely boring, not only that but the art style makes me feel sick (idk why but it does)
    guild wars 2 - I just cant bring myself to getting past level 44, its tedious and boring just doing event after event. I know WoW could be claimed as worse but I preffer quests
    Call of duty - W@W was the last one I really enjoyed, the last one I bought was the original black ops and I probably won't buy another until I hear some changes have been made

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    Mass Effect.

On paper I should have loved it, but when I actually played it it bored me incredibly.
    h
    eh exact same for me, sounds likea game I would love, bu I tried a demo for me3 on Xbox a while back, and just couldn't get into it. Then ea gave me a free me3 due to the simcity fiasco, so I gave it another go, played for a few hours with different classes, but it's just boring for me, which is a shame becaus I want to like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock, CoD, Battlefield, and any FPS (I am fine with FPS-RPGs such as Fallout 3 & New Vegas).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    Darksiders ...
    alot of people i know praise the game ... but i simply cannot get myself to play the game for more than 2-3 hours ...
    after that i simply uninstall it ^^ half a year later i'll install it again, play through the first 2-3 hours and uninstall again
    Probably already mentioned, but the first few hours stink. Next time you decide to randomly play just continue from your last save. I had the same issue and then ended up not being able to put the game down for a week until I beat it, then went on to power through Darksiders 2.

For me I would have to say that I just couldn't get into Dragon Quest. The series as a whole is usually praised and held up with high regards, but I get about 10-20 hours in, and the realization sets in that I have another 40 or more to go and I just never can do it.
    I've always picked them up used or clearance though so I get my money worth everytime.

Also Borderlands and Half-life. two games I'd love to enjoy but I can't play them because they make me sick, even after FOV hotfixes and file edits just because the times I got physically ill from the games makes it hard to go back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    this is coming from the king of logic

your favorite game is probably super man 64 right
    Not sure what you're insinuating lol.

I've never played Superman 64, but it looks pretty shitty. My favorite game is God of War 3.

Nice Ad Hominem though.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-04-07 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gears of war Judgement. Soooooo disappointed in that game. I am a long time gears guy(pretty much a fanboy). But that game was a money grab, at best.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    TES6 desperately needs at least a few characters that evolve, have more than a few lines and actually do something while you progress.
    They're fixing it, by making it an MMO and you can talk to all the players you want.

Sometimes I think people don't understand the definition of words. Especially words like "popular" or "raved about". SWTOR and Tera are hardly "popular" or "raved about". If they were either, it's less likely they would have switched to a F2P model. If this were an "overhyped" thread, you would be right, but as it is, you're wrong.

GW2
    Rift
    Diablo 3
    Starcraft 2

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    fallout, the newer ones.

i loved fallout on the PS2 when it was a birds eye view, loved it. (think it was PS2) but i just cant get into the newer fallouts, i tried playing fallout 3 a while ago, after an hour i just gave up, had no idea what i was doing, kept dying for no apparent reason, havnt been on it since.
    We don't talk about Brotherhood of Steel 'round these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Gears of war Judgement. Soooooo disappointed in that game. I am a long time gears guy(pretty much a fanboy). But that game was a money grab, at best.
    See, i started off enjoying it. The gameplay is still fun for me but the lack of a real story bugged me (And the L4D style campaign was kinda shit)

Shadow of the Colossus: Love the atmosphere, but actually fighting colossi is mechanically disappointing.

Red Dead Redemption: Bland world.

Super Mario 64: Extreme lack of cohesion. I much prefer the approach to level-building that Super Mario Galaxy takes.

Morrowind: Very interesting lore hampered by frustratingly archaic gameplay.

Final Fantasy VIII: In my opinion, a step back from FFVII in every meaningful regard. Drawing spells is tedious, exceedingly broken junction system, very few interesting characters and a weak plot (although kind of brilliant if the Squall is dead theory is to be believed.)

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: Charming to no end, but the formula of finally reaching a dungeon only to have to backtrack and dowse for key fragments eventually broke me.

Deleted
    Mass Effect 3. Man...what happened to the RPG elements? It's a corridor third person shooter with a few mini games, bare bones customisation and an average story. It's ok but a game needs more than talking to crew members and average combat to keep me involved. Dragon Age: Origins in space would have been more appropriate imo.

- The story was far better than the other two and the exploration, particularly the mako were a lot of fun.
    - The reapers are a cool enemy but the cerberus are boring as shit.
    - The combat has improved but at the cost of strategy and laying out commands.
    - I preferred the overheating mechanic in ME1 to the ammo mechanic.
    - Scanning and planet descents were more interesting than war assets or system scanning and getting chased around by reapers.

Borderlands 2 as well. In the past I enjoyed mindless shooting but I can't finish a game anymore if it doesn't have strong characters and an interesting story...I guess it's all the Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones making me that way.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-04-07 at 03:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Welos View Post
    Morrowind: Very interesting lore hampered by frustratingly archaic gameplay.
    Maybe because it's an 11 year old game? O.o Just messin with ya. To each their own, obviously.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.