Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Dark/Demon Souls - Come on, getting killed a gazillion times isn't fun.

Dead Space - Dat camera angle >.<

Mass Effect/Dragon Age - Don't get me wrong, it's good - but it's not *that* good.

Bioshock Infinite - I LOVE Bioshock, but Infinite was one big piece of "meh".

Arkham Asylum - Again, I loved A. City, but AA was *too* much. Too many villains and the concept of AA was idiotic.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Starcraft/C&C and any of those Strategy games that have that hideous bird's eye camera view.
    Pardon, but what other camera angle would you use for an RTS? Anything else would be horrid, as bird's eye is vital to keep a strategic overlook.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I gotta say the GTA series, fun for a short while but I got really bored very quickly, not my cup of tea at all

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pardon, but what other camera angle would you use for an RTS? Anything else would be horrid, as bird's eye is vital to keep a strategic overlook.
    Not saying I use any other angle, but it's the camera angle that has me disliking RTS games; it just makes me feel so detached from the action, like it's all going on "beneath me", rather than being part of the fray.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Not saying I use any other angle, but it's the camera angle that has me disliking RTS games; it just makes me feel so detached from the action, like it's all going on "beneath me", rather than being part of the fray.
    Then you don't like RTS, because "not being part of the fray" is the whole point. You are the general in command, not the soldier on the ground.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Then you don't like RTS, because "not being part of the fray" is the whole point. You are the general in command, not the soldier on the ground.
    I'm aware I don't like them; the two I mentioned were simply popular and raved about, as well as disliked by me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I read the first line of this thread I immediately went to Bioshock and Mass Effect. Funny thing is his description of why he didn't like them was exactly the same as mine. Rubber bullets in Bioshock and cutscene after cutscene in Mass Effect and then just like.....go explore the world.

If I had to add my own I might say Devil May Cry games. I love hack and slash games but its just a bit corny as far as play style.

Hated Fable too.

Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    When I read the first line of this thread I immediately went to Bioshock and Mass Effect. Funny thing is his description of why he didn't like them was exactly the same as mine. Rubber bullets in Bioshock and cutscene after cutscene in Mass Effect and then just like.....go explore the world.

If I had to add my own I might say Devil May Cry games. I love hack and slash games but its just a bit corny as far as play style.

Hated Fable too.
    Would you care to elaborate on the Devil May Cry point? When you say the play style is corny, are you talking about gameplay, or just Dante and the overall feel of the games in general?

15+ Year Old Account
    - Skyrim: I probably just have a bad experience with it, but i uninstalled it after playing it for one evening. I like to run around and explore in these kind of games, but the open world was too open and big for me to enjoy. Eventually i end up falling off a cliff and died, which set me back a few hours, because i never save, derp. but i was still enjoying it at this point, so decided to keep going. next thing i know a dragon lands on my face and kills me, yay. 3rd try i decide to just run around and kill stuff. charge a giant hit him a few time, get pummeled and see my ragdoll character fly 3000 meters through the sky. quit game, uninstalled, never looked back.

- LoL: got talked into it by a friend. first few matches with him seemed fun, but that was because i got carried. Eventually i got to meet the lovely community and found out every game was pretty much the same. MOBA games just isn't my cup of tea.

- Diablo III: It has its ups and downs for me. i managed to get all chars to max level and one to paragon 38. I still log on maybe once every two weeks, play until i get a legendary drop, id it, turns out to be crap, log off, done.

- Bulletstorm: had a blast with the demo, so decided to buy it. I like over the top games, so i reckoned it was a game for me. Had good fun until i bought all upgrades, only to discover that all the awesome combo's i came up with aren't actually in the game and don't give points. Eventually i ended up doing "that one 1-2 combo that gives a lot of points" over and over again. Shame, this game had a lot of potential to be enjoyable
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always enjoyed God of War and Darksiders because of the gameplay plus the story. Devil may cry seemed like they couldn't do either of those fully. The boss encounters were cool though, I did like those. I just remember playing one of them (i think it was 4) and being like is this a hack and slash or is this final fantasy.

halo- most over hyped garbage imo and i used to love fps
    elder scrolls- they arent horrible but no where near as good as i thought
    any zelda game after link to the past
    im sure theres many more but those are the 3 that really stand out

Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    I've always enjoyed God of War and Darksiders because of the gameplay plus the story. Devil may cry seemed like they couldn't do either of those fully. The boss encounters were cool though, I did like those. I just remember playing one of them (i think it was 4) and being like is this a hack and slash or is this final fantasy.
    I love all 3 and I'd argue that DMC has the best gameplay of all by far. The story, while I like it, I do recognize that it has serious flaws. Most of the games can basically be summed up as, "Bad guy messes with demon shit. Dante cleans up while being a badass and surfing rockets".

The gameplay changes a lot on the higher difficulties though, so it's very easy to get a bad first impression with the series. Particularly in 4 and 3, there's a world of difference both in mechanics and overall difficulty between normal or easy mode and Dante Must Die! mode. The reason I say DMC has superior gameplay to God of War and Darksiders is all the crazy ass stuff you can do once you master the combat system. Like for example, the following videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I love all 3 and I'd argue that DMC has the best gameplay of all by far. The story, while I like it, I do recognize that it has serious flaws. Most of the games can basically be summed up as, "Bad guy messes with demon shit. Dante cleans up while being a badass and surfing rockets".

The gameplay changes a lot on the higher difficulties though, so it's very easy to get a bad first impression with the series. Particularly in 4 and 3, there's a world of difference both in mechanics and overall difficulty between normal or easy mode and Dante Must Die! mode. The reason I say DMC has superior gameplay to God of War and Darksiders is all the crazy ass stuff you can do once you master the combat system. Like for example, the following videos.

Honestly, those look way too over-the-top and stupid for my taste when the enemy is kept really long in the air, same if the player is airborne way too long...

Also
    Final Fantasy 6. It's actually the only Final Fantasy before 12 that I dislike. And it's not even that it's a bad game. I just expect a lot more out of Final Fantasy and I got very little enjoyment out of it. If I say more I'll end up launching into a long rant about the characters/leveling/story/gameplay that many people on these forums have seen before. So I'm just not even gonna go there unless someone really wants my opinion that badly.
    Do you already have written it somewhere? If yes I would like a link to it, if not than that's also ok.

MOBA games... they're free and I still don't want to touch them with a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Honestly, those look way too over-the-top and stupid for my taste when the enemy is kept really long in the air, same if the player is airborne way too long...
    That was actually the challenge, an incredibly hard one. Don't get me wrong, to each their own, but Darksiders and God of War (while decent games in their own right) always felt like slow motion to me compared to high level DMC playthroughs. The only modern hack and slash game I've played that comes anywhere close was Bayonetta.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Final Fantasy
    Bioshock
    Mass Effect
    Farcry
    Crysis
    Dead Space
    Left4Dead
    Call of Duty (I did like World at War though)
    Assassin's Creed (anything past part 2)
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria
    Darksiders
    Half-Life
    Dragon Age

Yeah, the list goes on and on. Most games that come out nowaday are crap imo. Maybe it's my age/mentality.
    At so many dislikes i´d be interested in the games ýou actually enjoyed.

Zelda Windwalker [always play for a 2-4 hours and quit for the year]
    Earthbound
    Chrono Trigger
    Metal Gear Solid series
    Bioshock series
    Assassin's Creed series
    Call of Duty series
    Gears of War series
    Halo series

I'm sure there are a few more, but thats the bulk of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post

Also
    Do you already have written it somewhere? If yes I would like a link to it, if not than that's also ok.
    Well, DMC isn't even really intended to be played like that. That style of play is just something that a few godlike members of the community managed to come up with. For the most part, enemies aren't intended to be juggled for more than 1 combo. The gameplay is still very smooth and fast paced compared to God of War and Darksiders. And for reference, I've beaten both Darksiders on hard, (still sad that there probably won't be a DS3) and GoW 1-3 on very hard. So it's not like I don't have experience playing both of those at a high level.

As for the FF6 thing, yeah I've got it written up in a few places on these forums. I don't have a link, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to find with the search function. I know I've posted my long rant in threads where people were discussing their favorite Final Fantasy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acphydro View Post
    Zelda Windwalker [always play for a 2-4 hours and quit for the year]
    Earthbound
    Chrono Trigger
    Metal Gear Solid series
    Bioshock series
    Assassin's Creed series
    Call of Duty series
    Gears of War series
    Halo series

I'm sure there are a few more, but thats the bulk of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    At so many dislikes i´d be interested in the games ýou actually enjoyed.
    I'm not even instigating, I'm legitimately and sincerely curious. What games DO you enjoy?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'm not even instigating, I'm legitimately and sincerely curious. What games DO you enjoy?
    Lol, read that too and wanted to know as well.

Monster Hunter -- to me it just felt like the worst aspects of an MMORPG sewn together. Sure the big baddies are cool -- but to much of that game is micromanaging without the aid of a mouse and keyboard to make it less cumbersome. I felt gathering materials played to much into the gameplay, crafting was a bit annoying, and putting myself through all those things wasn't worth the payoff of the cool monster fights. Did I mention managing your inventory was annoying?

Grand Theft Auto -- I played the third one when it first came out and found myself bored very quickly. The novelty of stealing and killing pedestrians wore off quickly... I suppose sandbox games just aren't my cup of tea. Though, I did enjoy Skyrim quite a bit.