Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bioshock 2 - good story, terrible gameplay. Hated it and gave up after an hour.
    Witcher 2 - too linear, required too much feedback from the player for an RPG + you only could play as a male chauvinist pig:P
    Portal 2 - I didn't actually buy it so my opinion might be biased as I haven't played the game but whats so fun about a puzzle game anyway?
    Rift - tried the beta. Horrible animations, bad, generic story and pointless gameplay. Liked the customization though
    Assasin Creed 3 or maybe 2 - I didn't really like the story that much even though it wasnt necessarily bad, hated the gameplay though so gave up after a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    planescape: Torment
    blasphemy!!!!

BF3
    FO:NV - I love FO3 but NV was just boring and why would you want to have a game involving a nuclear apoc setting in the desert?

Mario Kart series and Zelda series.

The entire Assassin's Creed series. Yes, I always buy them, always hoping it's the stealth game I've been waiting for. I never get far and end up trading it in.

Sad part is I just fucking hate the gameplay, but I love the story... if only they can just give me the DVD movie version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Most console games, this includes all of the Assassin's Creed games, Grand Theft Auto, Battle Field X, etc. The graphics, controls, story etc are all majorly stunted in my opinion to fit them on TV boxes.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Portal 2 - I didn't actually buy it so my opinion might be biased as I haven't played the game but whats so fun about a puzzle game anyway?
    That's what I thought for years when my friends talked about Portal 1. I got Portal 2 and was blown away, it's easily in my top ten of all time list. It's worth a play especially if you can find it cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Mists of Pandaria.

Skyrim.

Bioshock.

FF13 - so terrible.

Titan
    Oblivion
    Portal (original)
    Borderlands (original)
    SW:ToR (even when it was new)
    Left4Dead 2 (original was great)
    Minecraft
    [...]

Skyrim, Half-Life, Final Fantasy 7, Assassins Creed (All of them).
    If you spend your entire life getting senpai to notice you, you'll never notice anyone else.

2philosophical4me

KoToR games. Granted I'm not the biggest star wars fan in the world, but they felt so limited and generic to me. The story had its moments, but considering how long the games were, those moments weren't really worth it in the end.

FFVII. No, before you roll your eyes, I'm not just sitting here listing popular games and shitting on them. I was actually in middle school when this game dropped. I was well old enough to form my own opinion of the game and rather than holding it up like a monument of nostalgia, I was usually the kid other people would get upset with. I'd question the story and mock the combat system and only be greeted with "Dude, don't ask so many questions, just enjoy it!" like it was required of me to instantly love any Squaresoft game. Sorry folks, never cared much for the game.

Street Fighter titles. I know that seems like a broad claim, but I got my introduction to fighting games through things like Art of Fighting and later King of Fighters. Compared to titles like these, street fighter feels like a handheld Tiger Arcade game. There's just no depth to it. It's like a Kongregate flash game that somehow keeps making it to consoles and stealing people's money.

Oddworld games. I wont bore you with another personal description, it just wasn't for me and most gamers I've talked to loved them. Same goes for Black and White, SimCity titles and pretty much any Mario after Super Mario 3.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-04-05 at 03:58 PM.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    KoToR games. Granted I'm not the biggest star wars fan in the world, but they felt so limited and generic to me. The story had its moments, but considering how long the games were, those moments weren't really worth it in the end.
    Did you think they were long, they were like 20 hours if you did everything I thought Kotor games were pretty short.

Red Dead Redemption. Same old shitty Rockstar controls, and the game world felt boring to me.

Mechagnome
    KoToR, deus ex (the new one, never played the original) elder scrolls oblivion (put me off ever getting skyrim). those spring to mind immediatley.

KoToR i just could ever get into. like barely half an hour before i was uninstalling it
    deus ex i completed, but have no real ambition to ever play again and it was just a 'meh' game.
    elder scrolls i just hated entirely

Guild Wars 2. It was interesting for about a week, but despite a few of its good features, it's just a run-of-the-mill MMO. I found the story unappealing and bland, and it seemed like there was nothing to work toward in the end. I was very disappointed.

Deus Ex HR
    Any GTA game
    Oblivion
    Lost Odyssey
    Any CoD
    Zelda Skyward Sword
    Skyrim
    Resident Evil 5
    Mass Effect

In general, most games suck these days. Luckily history is repeating and the game industry is going to crash like it did in '83. Gamers need this so we can experience good games again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Did you think they were long, they were like 20 hours if you did everything I thought Kotor games were pretty short.
    Sure, compared to say, Legend of Dragoon or Xenogears, but the game really wasn't a traditional RPG. If you just laid out the plot and skipped the useless feelings dialogue and running around, you'd only have 30-45 minutes of story that for the most part didn't live up to the hype.

Sure that could be said about many titles, but few relevant games are given as much hype. Hence why it made my list.

(Opinions)
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

FFVII. FFX was just superior in every respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Wanting stricter immigration policies is predicated upon highly racist views, undoubtedly.

SWTOR (I was even banned because they got tired of me making 5 requests to have my character fixed, because it had a bugged story quest line. I didn't want to make a new one at level 38.)
    KOTOR
    Diablo 3
    Skyrim (this is really bad without 3rd party mods, which is very sad)

Mass effect, skyrim, left 4 dead, call of duty
    Blue text indicates sarcasm or joking.