Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    ^ lal best image of the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    The key to fighting destro locks in RBGs is to bring mages and counterspell their Chaos Bolt casts - then you have like 10 more seconds before the enemy team can try to burst again It's a big part of why Demo for RBGs became so popular last season (and then got nerfed) - destro certainly hits harder - but you can't control a demo like you can a destro lock

destro's usefulness in rbgs is mostly due to F+B aoe / aoe curses. over 2200 in rbgs and you will never get anything off in DS ever, i actually laugh when i pop this against teams like Abn's and literally could afk for the duration..and they aren't even skype most of the time. CBs...can land em after a few jukes / tries.. but F+B is the rot.

on topic;

NT is abomination. procs too many FFBs reward the stupidest style of play mages have ever hard. i cant even play mine anymore because of what they did to them.

frostbomb [although it hits crazy hard] is at least counterable and takes some timing..hard to tell what exactly people are complaining about in here outside of dmg itself. i know they sure to run into when alone for lots of classes but - thats not really the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The key to fighting destro locks in RBGs is to bring mages and counterspell their Chaos Bolt casts - then you have like 10 more seconds before the enemy team can try to burst again It's a big part of why Demo for RBGs became so popular last season (and then got nerfed) - destro certainly hits harder - but you can't control a demo like you can a destro lock
    Yeah, the fact that a double chaoswave crit was enough to pretty much kill anyone without cooldowns didn't have anything to do with it
    Grip + vortex + beam + double chaos wave, anyone? That stuff was retarded enough to sweep away whole teams in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    It's not the ice lance it's the frost fire bolt. That hits like a fucking freight train lol. Easy 70k in a global. Not many classes have that ability.
    Hmm I've seen ice lance critting 50k+ often enough, which is completely retarded since without cooldowns I can barely crit 70k with a chaosbolt >.>

Imo, NT mages are one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. They are like a combination of affliction warlocks and destruction warlocks, but better :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yeah, the fact that a double chaoswave crit was enough to pretty much kill anyone without cooldowns didn't have anything to do with it
    Grip + vortex + beam + double chaos wave, anyone? That stuff was retarded enough to sweep away whole teams in a matter of seconds.
    Well of course We were using Demo locks for their comparable burst to destruction - but the thing that really put them over the top was that you couldn't shut down their resource generation or their burst - you couldn't even see it coming because it was instant (unlike Chaos Bolt, which may as well have had a DBM warning "You are getting burst in 3, 2, 1..").

Hmm I've seen ice lance critting 50k+ often enough, which is completely retarded since without cooldowns I can barely crit 70k with a chaosbolt >.>

Imo, NT mages are one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. They are like a combination of affliction warlocks and destruction warlocks, but better :/
    All the mage bombs are stuipd, they should make them not usable in arenas like Void Shift

<cries> Poor level 87 ability, we barely knew ye </cries>
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Ok, after destro locks, but they're terrible anyway, so I didn't count them (I actually play one).
    Warrior burst is far easier to counter than mage burst.

Monk burst is easier to counter than mage burst.

Warlock burst is easier to counter than mage burst.

Ret burst is easier to counter than mage burst.

Etc. etc.

Mage burst is ridiculously hard to counter 1. because it's on such a low cd 2. because it can be reset so you don't to worry about cds 3. because it is dealt while the target can't react 4. because it comes with a whole another toolset to shut out the target's partners 5. because it deals more damage than the burst of the aforementioned classes in a smaller window.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:26 PM ----------

it's surprising Blizzard has balanced pvp as well as they have now that competitive PvP is some kind of temporal war.
    If there's one thing I can't give Blizzard credit for it's ATTEMPTING to balance PvP.

Classes are more homogenized than ever and instead of us having major class balance, we're just as bad off as we were throughout Cataclysm.

It screams volumes when the latter seasons of WotLK were the epitome of WoW class balance despite all classes/specs filling very different niches.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-06 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15