Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Primordius N burn strat?

So last night we completely ignored any mechanics just burned Primordius - no one got transformed - and we still downed the boss with 45sec on the enrage. Completely patwerk/tank&spank except for some extra off heals/personals needed to keep ppl alive:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=1272&e=1708

Has this been already discussed here? I could not find a post about it (even though one of our guildies seemed to have found this strat on mmo-champ), maybe I just failed a searching?
    Last edited by land; 2013-04-05 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    So last night we completely ignored any mechanics just burned Primordius - no one got transformed - and we still downed the boss with 45min on the enrage. Completely patwerk/tank&spank except for some extra off heals/personals needed to keep ppl alive:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=1272&e=1708

Has this been already discussed here? I could not find a post about it (even though one of our guildies seemed to have found this strat on mmo-champ), maybe I just failed a searching?
    wow, 45 minutes let on the enrage? I thought for sure it was an 8 minute fight :P
    pretty much this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ent-Impossible

Takes longer and is less fun, he is a piniata anyway.

Kinda confused as to how this would work, I assume you still had to deal with the adds?

Thx for the link, everything is explained there but in a nutshell if you don't pick adds ur damage is just reduced by 25% / u do 75% of ur normal damage, so if ur deeeps is good/decent you should be able to pull this strat off. Honestly, the hardest part of it was healing since healers didn't pick up any buffs either so it was kinda rough on them, but with some extra help (i.e. off tranqs and innervates) it was doable. Killed him in 2 pulls doing that.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    Kinda confused as to how this would work, I assume you still had to deal with the adds?
    Nope, just ignore all adds, tank boss in place, have ppl spread 5 yd in a cone behind him for stacked-ish heals (i.e. within healing rain), nuke boss and heal through.

Thx for the link, everything is explained there but in a nutshell if you don't pick adds ur damage is just reduced by 25% / u do 75% of ur normal damage, so if ur deeeps is good/decent you should be able to pull this strat off. Honestly, the hardest part of it was healing since healers didn't pick up any buffs either so it was kinda rough on them, but with some extra help (i.e. off tranqs and innervates) it was doable. Killed him in 2 pulls doing that.

Nope, just ignore all adds, tank boss in place, have ppl spread 5 yd in a cone behind him for stacked-ish heals (i.e. within healing rain), nuke boss and heal through.

Sweet, we are just about to try him with our guild on Monday, our dps is pretty good so might give this a go!
    Last edited by Robb; 2013-04-05 at 04:31 PM.

Could this be done on 25man?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Could this be done on 25man?
    Yup, you can do it on 25 man normal or heroic. Fight's even more of a joke when you do it this way. Achievement too!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see why you would do this. When you get the Fully Mutated buff you aren't only doing full damage, you are doing more than full because of the other buffs you gain to get Fully Mutated. In normal as I understand it you require 10 buffs to get Fully Mutated (compared to 5 in LFR) so you gain either 5% Stats, 10% Haste, 10% Mastery or 10% Crit times 10 to get Fully Mutated. That is well more damage than just zerging the encounter and therefore it should take a lot less time to finish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't really see why you would do this. When you get the Fully Mutated buff you aren't only doing full damage, you are doing more than full because of the other buffs you gain to get Fully Mutated. In normal as I understand it you require 10 buffs to get Fully Mutated (compared to 5 in LFR) so you gain either 5% Stats, 10% Haste, 10% Mastery or 10% Crit times 10 to get Fully Mutated. That is well more damage than just zerging the encounter and therefore it should take a lot less time to finish.
    It's 5 on normal and heroic as well, was reduced from 10 during ptr, dungeon journal wasn't updated

Looking at the rogue's log, His average non-crit envenom was hitting for 71k. If the boss is taking 75% less damage, that would mean this rogue's non-crit envenom hits normally for 280k+.

considering my 515 ilvl rogue's envenoms hit for ~100k, there's gotta be a bug here.

looking further into the logs, the rogue never took damage from soaking a red pool, so he wasnt transformed. Still, there's nothing to account for how their damage is so high while the boss is taking 75% less damage.

EDIT:
    Didn't see this:

Still seems like a bug. The dungeon journal states that "Damage taken from non-fully mutated players is reduced by 75%."
    If it said: damage is reduced to 75%, then i'd say everything is working as intended.
    Last edited by Bloodlover; 2013-04-05 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlover View Post
    Looking at the rogue's log, His average non-crit envenom was hitting for 71k. If the boss is taking 75% less damage, that would mean this rogue's non-crit envenom hits normally for 280k+.

considering my 515 ilvl rogue's envenoms hit for ~100k, there's gotta be a bug here.

looking further into the logs, the rogue never took damage from soaking a red pool, so he wasnt transformed. Still, there's nothing to account for how their damage is so high while the boss is taking 75% less damage.
    The Boss doesn't take 75% less damage, but rather, 75% of normal damage, basically, 25% reduced damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlover View Post
    Still, there's nothing to account for how their damage is so high while the boss is taking 75% less damage.
    The boss is taking 25% less damage (or 75% of full).

Quote Originally Posted by devboy View Post
    The Boss doesn't take 75% less damage, but rather, 75% of normal damage, basically, 25% reduced damage.
    this is right.
    dungeon journal is not worded correctly and has multiple errors on this fight.

On a side note, I'd like to try this strat next reset. our average DPS is about 100k per person, higher on a few, so I would believe this will be easy mode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by devboy View Post
    for real? Dungeon journal says 75% REDUCED Dmg taken. Then again, dungeon journal isn't always right.
    It states that when you get the primal nutrient buff on the Ji'kun encounter you'll get 30% more dmg and 30% more healing, when you really get 100% more dmg and 30% more healing.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

I assume you'd need pretty impressive DPS to do this with his heroic HP.

Actually mathing it out it doesn't seem that bad. ~132,000 DPS per person 5-healing it not including DPS on the Viscous Horrors. I guess depends on how much DPS you'd lose having to kill the blobs.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2013-04-05 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I assume you'd need pretty impressive DPS to do this with his heroic HP.

Actually mathing it out it doesn't seem that bad. ~132,000 DPS per person 5-healing it not including DPS on the Viscous Horrors. I guess depends on how much DPS you'd lose having to kill the blobs.
    Your math is a bit off there.

25-man H Primordius has about 916M HP. If you were to 5-heal it, each dps would need to do about 106k dps, assuming tanks and healers do absolutely nothing. In reality, tanks will be doing by far the most damage, as the dot they get from the viscous horrors isn't mitigated and is dealing full damage to Primordius.

In reality, each dps will only need to do about 90–95k dps.

I don't understand the point of this? How does it make the fight easier? You're just taking longer to kill it for no good reason.

Deleted
    This is the achievement way of doing the fight, so it's certainly been done before.

Zero reason to do it that way unless you're after it though, just makes the fight pointlessly harder.