Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If we are struggling to kill it on heroic with the intended tactic, would doing this strat actually help us? we were having 50% ish wipes to various things before, mainly high raid damage from people not spreading properly.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    If we are struggling to kill it on heroic with the intended tactic, would doing this strat actually help us? we were having 50% ish wipes to various things before, mainly high raid damage from people not spreading properly.
    Well you still need to spread etc but you dont need to move the boss we did it this week here is our log was pretty easy tbh http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=149&e=614

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=614&target=44 - Primordias only dps

I wonder if that strat is viable for 10M Heroic as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The math is the same I think with 10 man, assuming 2 healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    But why would you do that? I mean the fight is shorter and easier if you just deal with the mechanics.

Yeah I don't see how lowering your damage and making him evolve faster could possibly help you kill heroic. Sure he moves slightly less but is that really a big deal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    But why would you do that? I mean the fight is shorter and easier if you just deal with the mechanics.
    We did this just now, Compared to last week's kill. 14 seconds diffrence. Just sayin.

Deleted
    It's a pity to do this if you can do it using the regular tactic though. It's plain boring, while the intended way to do it is quite funny.

Deleted
    what did you do with the viscous horrors?

We just killed Heroic Meg 25 last week and should get H Council this reset, is this burn strat easier than H Jikun? Would you recommend a guild new to H Primordius using the burn strat or a "real" strat? We have pretty good dps.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many healers did you use, 2 or 3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Just killed it this way in record time. Boring but almost nothing can go wrong and he's a training dummy. No movement required whatsoever apart from initial positioning of everyone, nada. If 2 healers can't handle it (we had pala+monk tank do 65k hps together) you can easily get in a 3rd given we were more than 2 minutes off enrage. Joke of a fight if you do achievement.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I killed the boss (10man) tonight with this strat. Had 2 tanks 3 heals. We had 498k raid DPS and beat the berserk by 27 seconds. Was quite easier and difficult at the same time. The damage is a lot more, but it's a lot easier to heal as literally your entire raid can just sit there not moving (if positioned properly) the entire time. Just make sure you spread 5 yards for those acidic spines lol

Wondering if someone would be so kind as to post some heroic 10 logs of this.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    We just killed Heroic Meg 25 last week and should get H Council this reset, is this burn strat easier than H Jikun? Would you recommend a guild new to H Primordius using the burn strat or a "real" strat? We have pretty good dps.
    Ji-Kun is probably easier, but not by too much. Heroic Ji-Kun is really, really easy as long as you have stuff set up before your raid walks in the door.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    The burn strategy takes more dps than heroic twins and heroic dark animus. The healing is also harder but of course even a monkey can execute the primordious strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    The burn strategy takes more dps than heroic twins and heroic dark animus. The healing is also harder but of course even a monkey can execute the primordious strat.
    I feel that's sorta true, the majority of the dps comes from the tanks with the black blood, so it doesn't seem harder dps wise than animus. It's def. a healer check though to zerg.

Deleted
    Nothing impressive really but we had a disco priest solo heal it with the burn strat (normal mode ofc). Took us just over 5 minutes and was faster than previous kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    lol, woot?

~306 million hp -> ~407 million real hp thanks to damage reduction -> you need a raid dps of 848k
    -> take three tanks, they will do ~500k dps (all three together and calculating the black oozes dot), so with four dps, those four have to deal less then 100k dps to the boss

If your dps can't bring the dps, you won't be able to do any other heroic, I'd think...

Deleted
    Here's the log from our kill last night 25HC burn strat if anyone is still not convinced its doable:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=690&e=1122