Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    I think we want to know if it's doable in 10 man heroic (fewer raid cds to throw at the healing check; doubt the dps check will be an issue).

  2. #62
    Just tried this on Primordius for our first ever go at him, and one shot it, thanks!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitmajere View Post
    I think we want to know if it's doable in 10 man heroic (fewer raid cds to throw at the healing check; doubt the dps check will be an issue).
    Been trying it tonight and got it to 5% and we would have killed it if it weren't for a mistake. So yeah, it's doable but I almost feel the normal tactic may have gotten us a kill quicker.

    We were using 2 tanks/3 healers, and you absolutely have to have everyone dodging the pustules. Raid damage is pretty ridiculous.

  4. #64
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    52
    So we one shotted it last night with a standard 2 tank / 3 healer lineup without any problems. We just did it to receive the acm.
    Here are the links if someone is interessted: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=1608&e=2014

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    We were using 2 tanks/3 healers, and you absolutely have to have everyone dodging the pustules. Raid damage is pretty ridiculous.
    I feel like if you went 3 tanks and had that third tank constantly refreshing/stacking black blood higher you would gain a LOT of dps.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    I feel like if you went 3 tanks and had that third tank constantly refreshing/stacking black blood higher you would gain a LOT of dps.
    DPS wasn't an issue at all, we would have beaten the enrage timer by about 40 seconds if we hadn't wiped. But yeah, we thought about 3 tanks/3 healers but there wasn't a convenient way for us to get that setup.

  7. #67

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    How is he's math off. i get 132k as well with 18 dps. Is enrage timer the same on hc?

    (916000000 / 480) * 1,25 => 2385416 / 18 = 132523

    But yeah as you said tanks will do a lot of boss dps, but at the same time you also gotta dps the horrors.
    Because you're not supposed to be multiplying the required dps by 1.25...

    That 132k is how much dps people would normally be doing without their damage being reduced by 25%, which is 100% irrelevant as far as this strat is concerned. Good luck having anyone deal 132k on Primordius without being fully mutated.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    DPS wasn't an issue at all, we would have beaten the enrage timer by about 40 seconds if we hadn't wiped. But yeah, we thought about 3 tanks/3 healers but there wasn't a convenient way for us to get that setup.
    Would you mind posting your logs for others to see?

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericprydz View Post
    Would you mind posting your logs for others to see?
    Sure, this is the 5%: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=6504&e=6936

    Rogue died about 30 seconds before we wiped.

  11. #71
    The Patient Vanchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Sure, this is the 5%: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=6504&e=6936

    Rogue died about 30 seconds before we wiped.
    Your logs are private.

    We used this strat on 25 normal last night and it was very easy, nice meta achievment, we will be trying it on 10 heroic tonight, we'll see how it goes.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    Your logs are private.

    We used this strat on 25 normal last night and it was very easy, nice meta achievment, we will be trying it on 10 heroic tonight, we'll see how it goes.
    Sorry, fixed.

  13. #73
    Straight burning him was definitely vastly easier for normal mode. Knocked like 40 seconds off our last kill and was piss easy to 1 tank 2 heal.

  14. #74
    Also possible in 25 heroic.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    lol, woot?

    ~306 million hp -> ~407 million real hp thanks to damage reduction -> you need a raid dps of 848k
    -> take three tanks, they will do ~500k dps (all three together and calculating the black oozes dot), so with four dps, those four have to deal less then 100k dps to the boss

    If your dps can't bring the dps, you won't be able to do any other heroic, I'd think...
    Im talking about 25 man not 10 man...

  16. #76
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    230
    This is Zergable on 10 man Heroic aswell. We killed it last night with the zerg tactic:

    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr1CKN4mLMQ

    Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4305&e=4768
    Last edited by Nurlock; 2013-04-09 at 02:15 PM.
    I got 99 problems, but mah bubble ain't one

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Lygas View Post
    Because you're not supposed to be multiplying the required dps by 1.25...

    That 132k is how much dps people would normally be doing without their damage being reduced by 25%, which is 100% irrelevant as far as this strat is concerned. Good luck having anyone deal 132k on Primordius without being fully mutated.
    All he's doing is normalizing the damage. The dps you need is 99k per person. He just didnt subtract the added damage imo. 99k non mutated dps per player seems about right.

  18. #78
    Was this fixed ?

    Was doing full damage at the start of the fight then about 20 seconds in my DPS dropped to nothing really quick.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Was this fixed ?

    Was doing full damage at the start of the fight then about 20 seconds in my DPS dropped to nothing really quick.
    We killed it about 2 hours ago so unless it's been changed since then, I don't think so. I don't really see it as a fix any way, considering the achievement it is clearly intended that you are able to kill it this way.

  20. #80
    Fixed today. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/895...ril_9-4_9_2013

    Mutated Abomination effect once again reduces his damage taken from non-Fully Mutated players by 75% on 10-player and 25-player Heroic difficulty only.
    Still possible on normal, obviously.

    EDIT: Bugged to shit on live, currently taking like triple damage. Exodus killed it in like 2 minutes.

    EDIT2: Fixed pretty fast.
    Last edited by Frozendekay; 2013-04-10 at 03:03 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •