Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Complex Windwalker Reforging, any addon/website?

Hello, since the WW reforging is quite complex (especially if you have the Lei Shen Trinket) is there any suggested way to reforge? I want to set it like this:

Hit - exactly (or as close to) 2550 = Expertise - exactly (or as close to) 2550 > Haste (more than 6.5k less than 7k) > Mastery (slightly more than Haste) > Critical (slightly less than mastery).

It's really tricky to min/max. Reforgelite, mr. robot etc. don't do the work!

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokos View Post
    Hello, since the WW reforging is quite complex (especially if you have the Lei Shen Trinket) is there any suggested way to reforge? I want to set it like this:

Hit - exactly (or as close to) 2550 = Expertise - exactly (or as close to) 2550 > Haste (more than 6.5k less than 7k) > Mastery (slightly more than Haste) > Critical (slightly less than mastery).

It's really tricky to min/max. Reforgelite, mr. robot etc. don't do the work!
    Need your Name/Server if you want help with it, If you want to do it yourself then wowreforge.com it's going to require a lot of manual changes to blance stats properly. The easiest way to do it is load up your reforge for hit/exp then undo all the reforges for anything not related to hit/exp and manually reforge those for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    This is what I use and I really recommend it.

Deleted
    How are you guys managing to use wowreforge to balance out all the stats for rune?

Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    How are you guys managing to use wowreforge to balance out all the stats for rune?
    I do that manually on AskMrRobot. First get Hit and Expertise capped, then take the sum of Haste, Crit, and Mastery and divide that by 3. After that adjust reforge and gems so Mastery > Haste = Crit. It's a pain you have to go through each time you get a new piece of gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I do that manually on AskMrRobot. First get Hit and Expertise capped, then take the sum of Haste, Crit, and Mastery and divide that by 3. After that adjust reforge and gems so Mastery > Haste = Crit. It's a pain you have to go through each time you get a new piece of gear
    Yeah that's what I've been doing so far, but it's not 100% optimal and I really hate doing it with every upgrade I get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I've already posted on the AMR forums to give the option to force 1 stat over another if RoR is equipped. However it does not sound like they will implement that any time soon since this is a one-time only type trinket it sounds like and they would have to implement a "calculation" setting instead of an "optimization" setting which is currently in place.

Hope this help,

im using http://www.askmrrobot.com/

and this is my cuztom weights

and this are sta stats im having

As u can see, they are pretty much close of what u want, hope it helps

Does wowreforge put expertise racials into account? I really need one that does, simply because whenever I use Askmrrobot (I just use it to get as close as possible to the exp/hit caps) it regems my gear, with more hit gems, or expertise gems.

Deleted
    Try it out? And even if it doesn't you might have a look at the bottom of your characters reforge page. There might be some sort of customization ..

Wowreforge is pretty much abandoned as far as I know. It was never updated to support item upgrading and several new items from Throne of Thunder load as stubs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Yea, I've already posted on the AMR forums to give the option to force 1 stat over another if RoR is equipped. However it does not sound like they will implement that any time soon since this is a one-time only type trinket it sounds like and they would have to implement a "calculation" setting instead of an "optimization" setting which is currently in place.
    The biggest issue with calculations is in order for wowreforge or AMR to do that the time to get those calculations would be increased at an exponential rate. You would seriously be letting the site calculate it for you for 5-10 mins.

The easiest way possible is wowreforge:

1. Set Hit and Expertise change stat values for Crit and Haste to even numbers put Mastery head of those two ( Haste 1.6, Crit 1.6, Mastery 1.7 )
    2. Calculate Mastery + Haste + Crit (8451+6314+6589) / 3 = 7118
    3. Hit Clear
    4. Set your hit, Exp caps again and for the 3rd cap add Mastery use your number ( 7118 ) At least or Close to, Do not use exactly. Overcap value 0.
    5. Hit optimize ( my optimization takes roughly 300 seconds. )
    6. When it finishes you may see things like this.

Check for the easiest things you can modify, a single gem, 1 piece of gear etc it really makes it the easiest method.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Wowreforge is pretty much abandoned as far as I know. It was never updated to support item upgrading and several new items from Throne of Thunder load as stubs.
    wowreforge works perfectly fine, The item showing a place holder means nothing it still is showing proper stat values and it's not hard to change an item to reflect proper values if they are wrong.
    Last edited by Requital; 2013-04-07 at 05:25 PM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    wowreforge works perfectly fine, The item showing a place holder means nothing it still is showing proper stat values and it's not hard to change an item to reflect proper values if they are wrong.
    Hmm didn't realise you could adjust item stat values, awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Hmm didn't realise you could adjust item stat values, awesome.
    It's a good site to use

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    It's a good site to use
    Yeah, if you feel like manfully typing out stats when all the alternatives do it automatically.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Yeah, if you feel like manfully typing out stats when all the alternatives do it automatically.
    The alternatives all are based on a BiS gear list that make changes based on that so yes if you want automated that maybe be completely wrong for your character by all means use those. I would rather have the freedom to make sure the values work for me not someone who might know nothing about my spec or class.

I actually wrote a computer program (In C) to do my reforging for RoRo, even though I don't have RoRo (yet).

When I ran it on a guildie of mine (Vegetatroll@Illidan), it output a setup that put him at 6800 haste, 6800 crit, 6801 mastery, 2550 hit and 2527 expertise.

The program optimizes not only your reforges but also your gems and cloak/glove enchant. I really like the results it gives.

The only problem with it is that it is not at all user friendly and you have to manually input your stats from your gear right into the source code.

If there's any interest I might improve it some and share it.
    Last edited by keithioapc; 2013-04-09 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
    WW Monk - Janxspirit @ US-Illidan
    [20:14:20.744] Janxspirit Rising Sun Kick Horridon *3,374,517* - MEGADAMAGE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post
    I actually wrote a computer program (In C) to do my reforging for RoRo, even though I don't have RoRo (yet).

When I ran it on a guildie of mine (Vegetatroll@Illidan), it output a setup that put him at 6800 haste, 6800 crit, 6801 mastery, 2550 hit and 2427 expertise.

The program optimizes not only your reforges but also your gems and cloak/glove enchant. I really like the results it gives.

The only problem with it is that it is not at all user friendly and you have to manually input your stats from your gear right into the source code.

Depending on if you are using C# or normal C++, there are ways to read XML files in C. C# makes it fairly easy to do since your dealing with Serialization and XMLreader. You can take a look at WoW's API for character import here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743690922

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post

When I ran it on a guildie of mine (Vegetatroll@Illidan), it output a setup that put him at 6800 haste, 6800 crit, 6801 mastery, 2550 hit and 2527 expertise.

It would probably get a lot of use from experienced people but those with less experience tend to stray from things that first appear complicated or lack a UI. However I would love to see it and try it feel free to PM me if you are interested in spreading it around.