Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    @Requital - It worked for me on you. Try pasting this into your last.txt just to make sure you input it right (and press 1 to use last data):

Code:
    us
    ner'zhul
    reqfu
    Keep in mind that the application always crashes when it's done. Does the stats.txt file contain a bunch of data representing your character, or just a brief "error" message?

I've actually fixed the special character bug I think, will update with some other fixes later though.
    WW Monk - Janxspirit @ US-Illidan
    [20:14:20.744] Janxspirit Rising Sun Kick Horridon *3,374,517* - MEGADAMAGE

Deleted
    Read the readme.txt its crashes when it finishes the optimising, then the results are put in solution.txt

I dont know what i was doing wrong, but i always end up with very high Haste and then under it i have mastery and crit. It even wants me to gem more haste, even tought its my highest stat.

Maybe something to do with the random stat bracers from Twin Consorts?
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-04-30 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    Read the readme.txt its crashes when it finishes the optimising, then the results are put in solution.txt
    Right, thanks for the heads up

The reforging / gem choices are weird, but as I read in the readme.txt it will be sorted in the future, looking forward for it, and thanks for program!
    Last edited by Madcowlol; 2013-04-30 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post

I dont know what i was doing wrong, but i always end up with very high Haste and then under it i have mastery and crit. It even wants me to gem more haste, even tought its my highest stat.

Maybe something to do with the random stat bracers from Twin Consorts?
    You are probably right about the stat bracers. I had a suspicion they might cause grief. Will have to look into them.

Deleted
    I really like your work so far keithioapc. Looking forward to better hit rating handling and a custom haste cap

I think i found a bug in your program Keithioapc.
    Did my first reforge with your script, entering everything manually (great results there!). Just tested your compiled version to compare.

Results script:
    8547 Haste
    8546 Crit
    8848 Mastery
    2722 Hit
    2537 Exp

Optimizer:
    8041 Haste
    8041 Crit
    8043 Mastery
    3042 Hit
    2549 Exp

=> your readme.txt already mentions the unnecessary use of hit gems, but with your optimizer i'm missing secondary stats. Afters checking everything (gems etc) the optimizer misses 1024 secondary stats - that's exactly the value of haste on my bracers. Could it be your optimizer can't get the stats on them because they're the ones with random stats?
    See -> Grimkeg, Blackrock EU
    Besides that, great work, really like what you've done!

To fix the bracer bug I need to see the armory of people who have it with all the different stats. I already know some people with haste and crit, but does anyone know someone using one with mastery/hit/expertise? Basically I need to know what their suffix ID is, and the only way I know how to find out is by looking at someone who is using it ><

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...k/Zer/advanced
    Mastery ones, but no one in my guild has the exp/hit ones :x

A new version is available here http://www.mediafire.com/?x5dsbpvt7hdaid8

The big 2 things fixed were
    - Works with random stat bracers now
    - Works with people with special characters now

Fixing the character thing was not fun. Had to convert from one extended ascii set to another and then into unicode and then into utf and then convert the utf hex into an ascii character string. What a headache!

Does it also tell you to regem or ? does it ignore your gemming? confused about that part.

Final stats:
    Haste = 6705
    Crit = 6705
    Mastery = 6708
    Hit = 2550
    Expertise = 2546

Stats from gems (not counting meta):
    320 haste
    800 crit
    1760 mastery
    640 hit
    320 expertise
    160 agility

This is what I get atm.

------------------------------

Yesterday I was getting

Final stats:
    Haste = 7238
    Crit = 7239
    Mastery = 7241
    Hit = 2550
    Expertise = 2546

Stats from gems (not counting meta):
    320 haste
    2720 crit
    1600 mastery
    480 hit
    320 expertise
    160 agility

The gear I am using is the same nothing has changed.
    Last edited by Madcowlol; 2013-04-30 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Does it work with this kind of special characters => ` , such as ì, à, ò, ù.

Because after the program asks me about my meta it just freezes and does nothing more than looping endlessly.

@Madcowlol - The program ignores the gems you have equipped, and decides on its on what you ought to have equipped. That "stats from gems" thing at the end tells you the total stats it got from all the gems it decided to use (except the metagem, and except your JC gems)

@Porcinet - It should work. If you run the program with a lot of runs (100,000+) it will take a minute or two. Try it with 10 runs, and see if it doesn't finish within ~20 seconds. Always remember the output is in solution.txt, and the program crashes when it is done (mystery bug I haven't fixed because it is harmless).

@Madcowlol/Porcinet - I really need to know your character name/realmname/region name, so I can test on my end if the program is working and if not track down the problem. It is also helpful to know if the stats.txt file contains a whole bunch of junk that details your character's gear, or just a short error saying character not found.

edit - I'm pretty sure I messed up on importing the extrasockets. Fortunately it's not a problem if you have 3 - you just add 320 of each - but otherwise it makes things awkward.
    Last edited by keithioapc; 2013-05-01 at 03:03 AM.

The gems thing still has me confused.

Already posted this to the Fluid Druid forums, but Zephyrus incorrectly grants Orc expertise racial to both hands even if only one hand gets the bonus. Its putting me a full 1% below exp cap on my main hand.

keithioapc, thx for a great tool, but will it support cyrillic characters? right now it seems it's not working for me

Quote Originally Posted by keithioapc View Post
    @Madcowlol/Porcinet - I really need to know your character name/realmname/region name, so I can test on my end if the program is working and if not track down the problem. It is also helpful to know if the stats.txt file contains a whole bunch of junk that details your character's gear, or just a short error saying character not found.
    the stats.txt containts alot of texts

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wkungfu/simple

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance to get it to ignore the back slot for tailors? I don't want to remove my spellthread for 180 crit.

Also confused with the gems. I suppose there's a way to do the math and figure out which gems to use to hit those totals, but its still very confusing.

Deleted
    The Program works very nicely, I agree with the gems stuff i just work out how many slots i have available to fill and try work out the gems to hit them stats. Can take a while. lol

The latest version includes a foreign.txt file with instructions on how to use the program for cyrillic or asian alphabets (I tried to make them clear, sorry if they are not), works with tailor cloak enchants, works with blacksmith extra sockets, and is more clear about how you need to change your gems.

Here is a sample of the output of the latest version, run on Madcowlol:

Code:
    Head - Reforge out of hit and into crit
    Neck - Reforge out of hit and into crit
    Shoulder - No reforge
    Back - No reforge
    Chest - Reforge out of crit and into mastery
    Wrist - Reforge out of haste and into mastery
    Hands - Reforge out of expertise and into haste
    Waist - Reforge out of expertise and into mastery
    Legs - Reforge out of mastery and into crit
    Feet - No reforge
    Ring1 - Reforge out of haste and into hit
    Ring2 - No reforge
    Weapon1 - Reforge out of mastery and into hit
    Weapon2 - Reforge out of expertise and into hit
    Trinket1 - No reforge
    Trinket2 - Reforge out of expertise and into haste
    Enchant gloves with 170 haste
    Enchant cloak with 180 crit

Final stats:
    Haste = 7331
    Crit = 7333
    Mastery = 7334
    Hit = 2550
    Expertise = 2586

Change in gems from what you are currently using:
    (Note: each 1 means +160 (or +80 in the case of agility) of that stat, IE half a gem more)
    (while each -1 means -160 (or -80 in the case of agility) of that stat, IE half a gem less)
    -7 haste
    11 mastery
    -2 hit
    2 expertise
    -4 agility
    edit - I forgot the link! Silly me. http://www.mediafire.com/?x5dsbpvt7hdaid8

Thanks Keith, strange tho that it ran different on mine, downloaded the earlier link of today from you ( updated one ).

Thanks for the effort again!