Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Funny thing happened to me last night, when i was reforging/gemming with Zephyrus and it told me 7935 Mastery, 7934 Haste and 7933 Crit, but once i regemmed and all, turns out I now have 7935 Mastery and 7935 Haste, after 1 hour of testing on dummies it always goes for Mastery but leaves 1 haste

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Funny thing happened to me last night, when i was reforging/gemming with Zephyrus and it told me 7935 Mastery, 7934 Haste and 7933 Crit, but once i regemmed and all, turns out I now have 7935 Mastery and 7935 Haste, after 1 hour of testing on dummies it always goes for Mastery but leaves 1 haste
    Previous version had a bug with upgraded items (wrong rounding scheme), so it probably got an extra 1 haste from your 517 (2/2) off-hand. This is fixed in latest version. It's still a work in progress, I apologize if anyone followed Zephyrus's suggestions with a previous version and ended up with the wrong stat balance. If you still end up with something that doesn't match in-game, please report it at the FluidDruid in the Catus/Zephyrus thread.

I will have yet another update tonight with another massive speed increase (first phase of reforger rarely takes more than a few seconds now with all features enabled, down from up to 10-15 minutes on 8 cores.)

I also intend to add a "don't swap more than N gems" feature, to minimize the cost of finding good solutions. And I still need to match up existing gems, before doing gem replacements (like it might suggest changing Hands: gemA to gemB and Shoulder: gemB to gemA, which is completely unnecessary.)

I have yet to figure out exactly what happens when stats tie. It would definitely be useful to know, if under all circumstances, Mastery=Haste>Crit always procs Mastery, etc...
    Last edited by raffy; 2013-05-07 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by raffy View Post
    I have yet to figure out exactly what happens when stats tie. It would definitely be useful to know, if under all circumstances, Mastery=Haste>Crit always procs Mastery, etc...
    According to a blue post:
    It finds which is the highest of those 3 (tie breaking rule: crit trumps haste trumps mastery)
    I haven't tested it to see if that's truly the case, but I'm guessing there's some rounding going on in Miuh's scenario where mastery is just slightly higher than haste.
    Last edited by Jocias; 2013-05-07 at 09:26 PM.

After talking to a GM about this, this was his answer :

I have another update for Zephyrus:
    Download: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Zephyrus-Latest.zip
    Screenshot: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2989349/Zephyrus6.png
    Information: fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574
    Should be much faster now, added some tooltips, more features.

Was about to post this on Fluid Druid but the site seemed to go down so I'll write this here till its back up (or at least working for me)

The latest edition of Zephyrus: v6 is really really fast now, the only quarrel I have with it is that it picks up a 60 agility socket bonus on a blue slot putting me 158 hit above cap instead of making that a pure gem for whatever stat would be relevant. It has the option of using stamina gems but that would be a dps loss.

Took 5 seconds to calculate this:

I currently had agility gems because I don't have the Lei Shen trinket yet but I was interested to see what I would have to do when I got it. Was quite nice to find a program like this that was able to completely regem and reforge my setup (except for not ignoring socket bonus).

A few questions/observations:

Haste Gap and Crit Gap. In order to solve the hit problem I tried putting in a 160 Haste Gap. This caused it to put both haste AND crit 160+ below mastery. The Crit Gap field doesn't seem to do anything at all.

"Remove Duplicates" - I assume this remove reforges that use different items to give the same stat amounts?

After I press the reforge button I have to press the cross on the bar to "cancel" the reforge and then it starts reforging.

I realize that once I had the trinket and had re-gemmed I could use the option "keep gem colours" and circumvent the hit problem - Just thought I would point it out anyway.
    Last edited by Rorixis; 2013-05-08 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone explain clearly how launch the Zephyrus software... I can't understand how to use it... Realy.

Thank you.

Sorry for my english.

Deleted
    Is there a reason your calculator doesnt use both JC Gems? ^^ But I realy like it so far (although it is a bit tiresome to figure out which gem belongs to which itemID :P ). Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    Is there a reason your calculator doesnt use both JC Gems? ^^ But I realy like it so far (although it is a bit tiresome to figure out which gem belongs to which itemID :P ). Keep up the good work!

Do a Compare to Armory and it will list you the gems you need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    Zephyrus will not touch your existing JC gems, however it will also not automatically insert new JC gems. The number of permutations involved would just too big too consider efficiently (unless there is some obvious consensus for what gems to use as JC), already full gems is 200K+ arrangements for EACH possible reforging/enchanting configuration.

Looking at the JC gems, 480 secondary vs 320 primary (and noting I play Feral in PvE, not WW) the 480 seems under-budget, so I'd go with 2x 320 agility. Maybe someone else can comment on what is better? If you put your JC gems in your prismatics (belt + eye), you don't need to worry about them impacting your socket bonuses.

If yellow JC gems are being taken, should the boot enchant be a checkbox too? For agility or mastery?
    Last edited by raffy; 2013-05-08 at 09:40 PM. Reason: boot enchant question

Deleted
    From my personal experience i would always prefer socketing JC Agi. Agi is still strong, even if you go the heavy rune route. I guess it could be an option to use yellow gems and mastery on boots if you still have weak gear and struggle to get a good amount of secondary stats.

Btw: After your hint on the gems it worked really well for me. Still over the hitcap (too much +hit on gear and blue sockets), but otherwise perfect balance