Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

522 rep gear or T15 lfr?( Frost)

Hey all question, I'm currently in a very casual raid guild since I dont have time to play like I used to so my gear is goin to come from mainly LFR and Shado-pan rep gear I'm wondering if the rep gear would be better for frost then the LFR gear even with the set bonuses. Thanks in advance!
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Parnnor/simple
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2013-04-05 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    The belt and bracers are decent I guess, it all depends what else you have, should maybe link some armory

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doh I havent posted enough to be allowed to post links lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    The belt and bracers are decent I guess, it all depends what else you have, should maybe link some armory
    he's asking if the LFR t15 set bonuses would be better than 522 non-set gear.

probably just have to sim it to see.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

Yes thanks that was it, also is RAWR still a thing? and worth using?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it just better to use the valor points on the 522 gear and worry about it when you actual get the T15 LFR set pieces? It might take you weeks or even months before you've gotten a full set. I bought the 522 neck and bracers at first, and I'll wait and see from there.

If you're persistent enough to make a decision this early, doing as the ones above suggested would your best bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

Yes ino, but he don't want to waste VP in case he got some crappy belt, bracers or back (Even the elite hc from protectors isn't as good) That's why I wish to see his armory and judge if the offset item is even wroth to pick up over the belt/bracers/back

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vossin View Post
    Doh I havent posted enough to be allowed to post links lol
    Post it, without making it into a link and I'll add it for you.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I got the bracers,trinket and the belt is next I was just thinking long term as to weather to save badges for the actual gear of plan on using it to upgrade items (when ever 5.3 drops)

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 12:10 PM ----------

here we go:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Parnnor/simple

Also I know my runeforges are wrong just messing around to see the dps diff since they are free Also just noticed I forgot to reforge helm since switching over to DW...fail! lol
    Last edited by Vossin; 2013-04-05 at 05:12 PM.

Askmrrobot has a gear upgrade comparison. I remember looking at it since I am in the same situation as you and the Valor 522 gear wins out. I believes it takes into account set bonuses and not just stat weights. The result in not a surprise. It would be shocking that even with set bonuses and better itemization, how 502 ilevel gear could beat out ilevel 522. That 20 difference in ilevel represents a huge amount of raw stats.

T14 wasn't as dramatic since the difference was only between 476 and 489 and I chose to go with LFR set for cosmetic reasons as much as for DPS which was close, but the 20 ilevel difference in T15 favors the valor gear too much

Deleted
    just do it like am doing

try and get all non set item slots filled with the 522 valor gear, and go for the set bonus items from lfr, right now am saving my old 4/4 set as the bonus is stronger then having 2/2 old and new 2/2 set bonus

still it wil take a while with bad rng to get those set items for the bonus

502 tier is slightly ahead of 522 non-tier

Mendenbarr posted a pic of sim results for this question on EJ or MMO-C somewhere, it's probably buried