The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

How to: fast farm Red Qiraji Battle Tank

Hello guys,

Sometimes i got asked how i got the why? because it's red achievement and how long it took me to get,
    so i made a video showing how to farm it within an hour

Why should you do it? it's an extra mount counting towards the mount achievement, and an extra feat of strenght

enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObyWuHeApg

Are you serious? This is perhaps how you did it an expansion ago, right now you just clear the entire instance, you can be pretty sure it will drop at least once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Are you serious? This is perhaps how you did it an expansion ago, right now you just clear the entire instance, you can be pretty sure it will drop at least once.
    excactly this with luck you get it even on the trash before 1st boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    excactly this with luck you get it even on the trash before 1st boss...
    Those are four mobs. Do you realize how much trash there is later in the instance?
    I don't say it is not possible to only farm the first mobs, but for sure it is not the fastest way anymore.

The only times Ive seen it drop were from the trash after the Twin Emps before Ouro and Cthun. Those mobs also drop a lot of the other mounts too and are very densely packed.

I would recommend just running the raid for the pets(wich you can sell) and kill all the trash. At most it would take a few weeks or do it with multiple characters.

I farmed it by killing those four Anubis at the start during Wrath, so it definately can drop from them. But you might as well do a full run on several 90s if you have them.

Well...his video was Uploaded on Sep 8, 2011.

It's really hasn't been relevant for a long long time, so I'm not sure what the point of this is when you have been able to clear the place for a while now.

Deleted
    Farmed it solo like this in WOTLK , got it on about 3 chars since then using this method all in less then 1 hour of the first trash resetting.

Even before cata this mount dropped nearly every run in the trash before c'thun's room, good luck all going after it! cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm doing AQ for several weeks now (pets and such too), never saw the mount.

I've pulled the entire hallway from Twin Emps to C'Thun and seen about 7 mounts among the loot, including 2 reds. Provided you know how to handle Twin Emps, you can clear the entire place in no time. If your luck is really terrible, kill all the C'Thun hallway trash and zone out for a soft reset. I'm sure you will get it.

Not really. Me and a friend farmed this instance all the time past few expansions and took several months before we even saw one. Now I solo clear it on three toons every week (mainly for pets and free gold) and haven't seen it drop since the last time I get it. Instead I usually see about 3x Yellow/Blue/Green and that's it.

Overall though there is no secret in farming this mount so not sure why a video is needed. You go in, kill trash, and pray to RNG gods it'll drop. Rinse and repeat, it's just like every mount that drops off a boss.

Some of the pets sell really well, Viscidus and Twin Emps in particular. It only takes half an hour to solo the whole thing, and can be quite profitable. You also max out a rep and get a bunch of transmog gear. Good times, give it a shot.