High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

New Shrine Portal Icons!

I know it's totally silly but it's been a pet peeve of mine that the shrine portal and teleport spells use Shat'trath's icon.

Needless to say I was stupidly excited when I saw this on the PTR patch notes:

•Teleport: Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Portal: Vale of Eternal Blossoms now have new icons.

Was this bugging anyone else? Or am I just OCD xD

Edit: I forgot to link a pic of the icons

Assuming these remain the same throughout the PTR it's a bit of a shame that the portal is a Theramore recolor.
    Last edited by Me222; 2013-04-05 at 05:28 PM.

I think the portal graphic itself is the same as Shatt too.

Wouldn't say it bugged me, but I do think having its own is nice.

Deleted
    Don't forget it's a PTR so there's a great chance for the background of the portal to be the same than the Teleport one, like for all.

Ew, not a fan of the color, but I do like that it's different; that shit bugged me a lot.

Still kinda annoyed that Dal/Ancient Dal are the same.

(It probably bugs me more than others because I use Mage Nuggets, so I see ALL of my portals on a daily basis)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    That bugs me too. I have all my teleports and ports on a bar at the top of my screen so I can tell which is which by the positioning but they really should have different icons.

The new shrine icons are nice but I really hope that the portal icon is just a temporary icon until they do a portal version of that new teleport icon.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

About time really

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a pet peeve of mine, too. The portal icon may just be a placeholder for now (I hope).

All in all - yay!
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post

(It probably bugs me more than others because I use Mage Nuggets, so I see ALL of my portals on a daily basis)
    The aesthetics of it doesn't bug me so much as the fact that I keep mistaking it for the real Dalaran and nearly killing myself. Also, I'm sure I saw unique icons icons for the Dalaran Crater spells datamined back before MoP was released.

Edit: Yes, the crater spells do have unique icons made! See it at Wowpedia. I wonder why they're not being used.
    Last edited by Inexorability; 2013-04-06 at 03:02 AM.

The portal icon is Theramore, it's probably just a placeholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    While they changed the icon for the spell, the actual portal is still identical to Shattrath... GG, Blizzard.