Deleted

SWTOR pvp in Exspansion -rothc-

well i have played swtor since beta with 4 small breaks. all i have done is PVP which i do like but the problem i have now is that i have done the same warzone's over and over and it just gets so BORING... and i cant wait for the expansion just for the leveling but when i hit 55 its just gonna be the same grind again over and over standing on fleet board shitless.. what i want and probly the rest of the pvp community is arenas or old ilum back :/ because i know 100% that i am gonna play 1-2 months after 55 ding and quit which is sad. 3 vs 3 arena is all we need and would probly bring alot of hardcore swtor players back.

atm swtor developer seem to only focus on the god dam cartel market (which i do like) this does not improve the game at. it seems that there just trying to leach us dedicated player of every penny possible .. please bioware , Ea just add something... to keep us in . its not fun doing the same warxones over and over..

thanks for reading
    Last edited by mmoc8c5abe50f2; 2013-04-05 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incomming Kittyvicous post about how horribly bioware and EA has failed this game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Incomming Kittyvicous post about how horribly bioware and EA has failed this game!
    The truth hurts doesnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2hislopa View Post
    3 vs 3 arena is all we need and would probly bring alot of hardcore swtor players back.
    No, it wouldn't. SWTOR isn't designed around small team combat, and the PvP isn't too balanced to begin with (Smash spec existing for how long anyone?). Making any kind of small team arena combat would cause so many additional problems with the game. BioWare would either be forced to make changes to PvP based on that, affecting WZ PvP in the process (and PvE? I don't know of abilities are separated into PvP/PvE functionality) and taking time away from working on other content/balance for WZ/PvE. That or they would ignore balance in 3v3 arenas and players would pitch and unholy shitstorm (as if they haven't already) about how BioWare is ignoring PvPers and doesn't care etc.

Taking a game that's not designed for arena style combat and putting arenas in well after launch is a recipe for headaches/hassles. There's a reason the Blizzard has openly stated on more than one occasion that they wish they had never implemented arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood how people can get "bored" of the same PvP map in an MMO, but then you have games like LoL where I literally played the same map for 1.5 years and never got tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No real class overhauls = no real pvp improvement.

And they should take a game that was poorly designed and executed and update it for arena style fast fun combat. Don't know why anyone likes this slow, boring, resource scarcity inflicted combat. Basing class design off 3v3 would vastly improve them. Get rid of half the bullshit, get rid of the retarded "we dont have auto attack, but here right click when you run out of resource every 10s" abilities, and make each class feel more powerful and dynamic.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Actually the PvP was one of the best things about the game. I had more fun in huttball and voidstar than any PvP I've played outside of LoL which is a different category. I thought their maps and concepts were well done and the classes were very fun to play. The bolstering for low level makes it awesome while you level up and is favorable over smaller brackets of unbalanced garbage.

Should they have put out more maps than they have at this point? Maybe? Should there have been some with the RotHC release? Definitely. Should PvP really be one of the crimes we hold against them? Definitely not. Ilum was a fiasco, but world PvP is for the birds.

Shame to be a lurker with no perspective on how people will actually respond though. Oh well, hope you didn't bet any money on it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    No real class overhauls = no real pvp improvement.

And they should take a game that was poorly designed and executed and update it for arena style fast fun combat. Don't know why anyone likes this slow, boring, resource scarcity inflicted combat. Basing class design off 3v3 would vastly improve them. Get rid of half the bullshit, get rid of the retarded "we dont have auto attack, but here right click when you run out of resource every 10s" abilities, and make each class feel more powerful and dynamic.
    They would have to overhaul the entire combat system for this, both PvP and PvE. It would also meaning overhauling every single enemy in the game as well. Somehow I don't think that's even on their "wall of crazy".

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries i'll bet money next time! But will try not to derail threads instead!

But wasn't there a new warzone with rothc?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    "wall of crazy".
    Otherwise known as the, "Sir-will-not-be-appearing-in-this-game-ever Wall", "The Wall of Angst and Tears", and "John Riccitielo's Wall Away From Home, Whereby he Laughs at all of the Good Ideas that He Will Not Allow to Grace Our Monitors"- may he rest in peace.
    BAD WOLF

SWTOR pvp is going to be smashmonkeys, snipers, and PTs like it has been for the last few months, and us Sorcerer/Sages will be target #1 like always (getting 6-7k crit all day every day).

With that being said I love SWTOR!

I'm curious to see how queue times and populations are for each bracket.

Deleted
    But they have competitive pvp, dont they? I remember ranked warzones were implemented back in the days when I played. How's the participation in that field? Because I thought it was a good idea: you can progress as team for team ranking, or progress solo for solo ranking. For those paying it must be the shit, no?
    As long as there's competition the maps is no problem, we all tried wow arena... and having same maps were not the issue in that game :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    But they have competitive pvp, dont they? I remember ranked warzones were implemented back in the days when I played. How's the participation in that field? Because I thought it was a good idea: you can progress as team for team ranking, or progress solo for solo ranking. For those paying it must be the shit, no?
    As long as there's competition the maps is no problem, we all tried wow arena... and having same maps were not the issue in that game :P
    They're still pre-season as far as I know. I've heard mixed reports, but the most I can confirm is that the ranked WZ's aren't bustling since the season hasn't started.

They're still pre-season as far as I know.
    This made me chuckle a bit, another testament as to how poorly developed this game is, so many promises unfulfilled. Still waiting to see the effects of dividing the player base again after taking so long to combine them, I'll be the guy with a smug look on he's face while reading complaints about long queues and difficulties running organized PvE.

Deleted
    They're still pre-season as far as I know. I've heard mixed reports, but the most I can confirm is that the ranked WZ's aren't bustling since the season hasn't started.
    But... I think it was like a year ago they launched ranked warzones? It's still in a trial state?O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    But... I think it was like a year ago they launched ranked warzones? It's still in a trial state?O_o
    1.3 launched on June 26 if my Googling is correct. So it's close to a year, 10 months. I'm not quite sure what BioWare is doing with regards to PvP to be honest. While I think it's smart of them to focus more on the PvE aspect of the game than the PvP aspect, I think it's kinda shameful that they've gone this long without doing much to PvP. Hopefully season 1 will start shortly after RotHC drops, but we'll see.