Thread: Rawr

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Rawr

Does anyone use Rawr anymore at all ? Or is everyone using simcraft ? I was messing around with Rawr this morning and from what I could tell it wasn't updated for MoP and there was a message at the lower right hand corner which makes me think it's no good.

When I last checked a month or so ago, the only models that were updated for Rawr are Bear and Moonkin (also, the original models).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay! Thank you... that clears a lot up. So what' the best way to figure out gear upgrades now ? Simcraft ?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of askmrrobot.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Simcraft and www.askmrrobot.com
    Has Simcraft worked out the avoidance and mitigation models so that tanks can use it?

I know there had been some dabbling into it some time back, but once I went Brewmaster during beta and with MoP, I haven't really gone back and worked much with it.

Plus, with each update, I seem to have to do a bunch of tweaking with QT and another thing or the entire house of cards falls down. I mean, when Simcraft is working well, it ROCKS. It's just...well, seems like setting it up on various systems can be hit and miss has been my experience.

I'd love it if they worked out tanking mods for SC....

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could someone explain how you sim different pieces of gear and how to correctly use simcraft ? I have very little experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Has Simcraft worked out the avoidance and mitigation models so that tanks can use it?

I know there had been some dabbling into it some time back, but once I went Brewmaster during beta and with MoP, I haven't really gone back and worked much with it.

Plus, with each update, I seem to have to do a bunch of tweaking with QT and another thing or the entire house of cards falls down. I mean, when Simcraft is working well, it ROCKS. It's just...well, seems like setting it up on various systems can be hit and miss has been my experience.

I'd love it if they worked out tanking mods for SC....
    Simulationcraft has worked out avoidance and mitigation modeling since Cataclysm, with some recent improvements since the warrior protection module has got some work.
    Warrior Protection is up to date, Paladin and Bear are stuck in Cataclysm ( thus would require updating a lot of things to MoP mechanics, but not that much ). Blood DK's are a big mess without ever having fully worked in Cata, and Brewmasters are just not implemented at all ( with some starting work done in r16215-16217 ).

So all in all, the class code for the tank specs are the problem, not tanking support in SimC.

I agree that trying to compile the GUI for SimC can be a big big pain. Unfortunately there's no truly platform independent way to set things up, stuff changes, and the developers knowledge and time is limited specifically with QT.