Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I've been keeping a wish list of sorts of my ideal Shaman class (sort of).
    - Some stuff is likely too powerful.
    - Some stuff is just to my personal liking, and others may not enjoy.
    - I linked this several months ago, so apologies if you've already seen a good chunk of this.

clicky

EDIT: Whoops, had it set to private. Link should work now.
    Damn Radux, you really put some time into those suggestions......15 pages! Interested to see what kinda suggestions you have since I rarely see you post your own ideas, gonna take me a lil while to go thru all this stuff but will post my comments about your ideas soon.

I wish Blizz would give Shaman a true revamp like pallys and locks have gotten......Shaman's time to shine should have been in cataclysm when the focus was on Shaman and the Elemental planes but it never happened....... if Blizz was quicker to implement some community suggestions we wouldn't feel like were a "patch behind the rest" like many Shaman (including myself) happen to believe. I know that I have personally made several suggestions that have made it into the game but months after posting, stuff like:
    -Buffs as auras
    -Water and Lightning Shield as a buff with charges removed
    -Totems with more HP to match their CD's (more being 10% but some could be higher)
    -Searing Flames stack on Shaman as buff not debuff
    -Aoe improvements

Blizz is getting better at implementing changes and Shamans have been getting more buffs then nerfs recently, but I still see alot of room for improvement and I hope to see much more in the future (a major buff I want to see is more Enh glyphs going baseline, esp GW, to reduce bloat and give us more freedom to customize)

Id play with chain heal a bith trough a glyph(s). I would add several new ones that would change the number of jumps - the healing done would remain the same lets say but the number of jumbs would change depending on which one you use (would start even with only one jump). That way you could plan beforhand and for example on IQ(HC) you could have nice tool for the first phase. It would also add a nice gameplay imho with only one jump where you could move to the person you need to heal (together with yourself)

Hop

I've always played with the notion to make Searing Totem hits procc Lava Surge instead so that we can get a way to spread Flame Shock. I know our CL spam is good, but it does pale in comparison to classes that can effectively multi-dot, especially when the targets are spread just far away from each other that CL doesn't chain. Never bothered to think about the logistics of this, I just thought it would be a way of avoiding the "Flame Shock can't spread because LvB would be non-stop" argument. I suppose Searing Totem would actually have to be affected by Haste or something though, as it ticks fairly slowly.

Deleted
    Deff stats increased in PvP.
    Sort of execute, nearly every class has one and were basicly the only one who does not have it.
    More forms of " good " CC, seriously, we got hex and thats it, it's unable to use on 50% of the targets and 9/10 trinket and its on a 1min CD. Yes the totem is " handy " but having to talent into protection just to move it perfect to stun someone, kinda unfair design.
    More sustained DMG, outside my enha burst or ele burst were close to useles on dmg, nearly every class can outplay us.

Yes resto is fine the way it is, PvP wise. So no changes for me there. I gave up my shaman untill they give it some love, caus beeing slaughtered in PvP when i just wanne cap my weekly cap, nah rather not

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Deff stats increased in PvP.
    Sort of execute, nearly every class has one and were basicly the only one who does not have it.
    More forms of " good " CC, seriously, we got hex and thats it, it's unable to use on 50% of the targets and 9/10 trinket and its on a 1min CD. Yes the totem is " handy " but having to talent into protection just to move it perfect to stun someone, kinda unfair design.
    More sustained DMG, outside my enha burst or ele burst were close to useles on dmg, nearly every class can outplay us.

Yes resto is fine the way it is, PvP wise. So no changes for me there. I gave up my shaman untill they give it some love, caus beeing slaughtered in PvP when i just wanne cap my weekly cap, nah rather not
    idd playing enha pvp atm feels like being a cow going to sloughterhouse

i would add also some good defensive cd, something similiar to dispersion or ice block

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

As far as what people think of Healing Rain; it already has the largest radius of all healing "circles". So I don't expect a "buff" to its size. Also if you're putting it down and people are running out of it, it's most likely because there was a mechanic that forced them to. Better anticipation will fix that problem (not saying anyone is bad). I hardly ever have anyone move out of mine because I anticipate when the best time and place to use it. In many encounters, players have a set spot they go to when a certain mechanic is happening. That's where you put Healing Rain down when you anticipate movement. The rest is just good judgement and quick reactions. Healing Rain is fine, in my opinion. Also, in my 10 man groups, I haven't had many problems at all with glyphed Chain Heal reaching targets. If you are having problems, it's likely not because of anything you did wrong, but because people are just more spread out than is necessary.

OT: There's not much I personally want to change. I'm actually starting to like and get accustomed to the totem mechanics. Plus, I used to have some problems in fights with heavy movement, but that's barely an issue anymore. I'm happy with the class right now.
    Last edited by TheOne; 2013-04-10 at 09:52 AM.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Damn Radux, you really put some time into those suggestions......15 pages! Interested to see what kinda suggestions you have since I rarely see you post your own ideas, gonna take me a lil while to go thru all this stuff but will post my comments about your ideas soon.

I wish Blizz would give Shaman a true revamp like pallys and locks have gotten......Shaman's time to shine should have been in cataclysm when the focus was on Shaman and the Elemental planes but it never happened....... if Blizz was quicker to implement some community suggestions we wouldn't feel like were a "patch behind the rest" like many Shaman (including myself) happen to believe. I know that I have personally made several suggestions that have made it into the game but months after posting, stuff like:
    -Buffs as auras
    -Water and Lightning Shield as a buff with charges removed
    -Totems with more HP to match their CD's (more being 10% but some could be higher)
    -Searing Flames stack on Shaman as buff not debuff
    -Aoe improvements

Blizz is getting better at implementing changes and Shamans have been getting more buffs then nerfs recently, but I still see alot of room for improvement and I hope to see much more in the future (a major buff I want to see is more Enh glyphs going baseline, esp GW, to reduce bloat and give us more freedom to customize)
    I agree. On everything, including radux' list (gj radux, like many of your ideas, must've taken you a while to write that).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

why is it always shamans coming up with such hilarious stuff?

You are aware that this would make shamas OP as hell?
    Cant you just adopt your playstyle instead needing a OP class to compete?

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Like I've mentioned in the past (when I was posting here more frequently):

Just because because we (and I say we, because I'm including Endus in this - though I'm not speaking for him) may argue against the crowd, or possibly be stubborn on certain issues, doesn't mean we're completely 100% satisfied/happy with the way the class is. We certainly have our own views on how we'd like things to be, just like any other poster.

@Omanley: It took me about a month to fully put together. Working about an hour or so at a time. Adding/changing/etc. I'm still not technically done. I finally just hit a wall and haven't found any 'better' solutions outside of just basic fillers for the time being; at least until I hit some sort of epiphany or something.
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-04-10 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    - A fire totem for resto that increases all healing received by party and raid members.
    - A water totem for all 3 specs. Maybe a health% boost or something like that.
    These two are currently some of my bigger gripes on live.

Fire doesn't have to be just damage.
    Water doesn't have to just be healing.

I feel it should be important to have utility in the fire/water totem trees opposed to it all being tied in earth/air.

I had an idea a while ago about 1st-tier talents.
    Frost Blast / Flame Blast / Earth Blast.

The talent you pick makes your Frost/Flame/Earth Shock affects all enemies around the original target.
    Ofc some limitations would have to be made, like reducing Fulmination damage, reducing Flame Shock DoT damage and not allowing Frozen Power to trigger on the extra targets.
    Last edited by Theronus; 2013-04-10 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't to much I would like, but here is my list

1. Enh - I would like to have Magma Totem apply the Searing Flames buff if it hits 3 or more targets.

2. Enh - Along with Lava Lash Spreading Flame Shock it would trigger Fire Nova. So When LL hits a target with flame shock it spreads FlS and triggers FN on targets who already have FlS on them. Would help make AoE less clunky

3. Resto - Some better spread healing tools.

4. Resto - Healing Stream Totem make it last longer, 45 sec duration 1 min cd. Or you know maybe just make it last 1 min like Searing Totem so we have to redrop on duration end.

5. Resto - Change Healing Wave glyph to heal a near by party member for 20% amount healed instead of just the shaman.

Sorry nothing Ele I don't really play spec, so I don't really have any wants for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    --
    5. Resto - Change Healing Wave glyph to heal a near by party member for 20% amount healed instead of just the shaman.
    --
    This needs to happen yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Like I've mentioned in the past (when I was posting here more frequently):

Just because because we (and I say we, because I'm including Endus in this - though I'm not speaking for him) may argue against the crowd, or possibly be stubborn on certain issues, doesn't mean we're completely 100% satisfied/happy with the way the class is. We certainly have our own views on how we'd like things to be, just like any other poster.

@Omanley: It took me about a month to fully put together. Working about an hour or so at a time. Adding/changing/etc. I'm still not technically done. I finally just hit a wall and haven't found any 'better' solutions outside of just basic fillers for the time being; at least until I hit some sort of epiphany or something.
    Well, finally got around to looking thru your suggestions.....some pretty good ideas here man.....

Some stuff I like:

-Elemental Imbues and shields each having a small passive buff. Makes alot of sense, some of the imbues and shields already come with a buff they should just apply that to all of them.

-Unique Elem Shield for each spec, would help identify the specs more quickly and make them more unique visually. I like the Heat Shield idea, a fire shield for Elem has been a popular suggestion.

-Jump penalty removed/reduced from CL and CHL, and bigger jump radius on CHL baseline (although I think 30yds is prob too high, 20yds is good medium). This is a long overdue update to the chain spells.

-Cleansing totem revamped. I like the idea of a pulsing mass dispel, Shaman style. I really liked Cleansing totem and felt it was one of the more unique, signature shaman totems so glad to see it come back. It should def keep the magic dispel, and would be cool to see a glyph that lets it dispel stuff like iceblock and pally bubble but double the CD or something.

-Each Spec has its own unique totem. I think this would be real cool and give totems some nice personal benefit for each spec as the totem is customized toward each spec.... I get why you are making them more personal Cd's but I think it would be cool if you could choose between a personalized, self use version OR a raid CD version of each totem and they share the same CD. Kind of like if a warrior had to choose between Recklessness self crit or skull banner raid crit.

-Mana Spring Totem.... I had the same idea too, Resto really needs a personal mana regen CD that is balanced for their own needs and not just MTT which is weaker cause its a raid CD. It sucks when you have to debate using your only mana regen CD cause even tho you need it, it might not be the best time for your healers overall. I would still keep MTT tho, just make it a 5+min CD and keep Mana Spring on the shorter 3min CD...prob give it 15%HP too.

-Healing Spring Totem with a longer CD. I agree with this since I think its a little tedious having to drop HST every 30 sec, I guess at a 30sec CD it is accessible, but if it was a 1min CD, 30 sec duration, then it could be stronger and feel like a more solid healing CD.
    (But I will say that I don't think Searing and Magma should be given the same revamp and CD, I like how we have a spammable single target and aoe fire dps totem that can be dropped anywhere, as much as we want.....its prob the last few totems we have that have no CD).

-Capacitor Totem pulling players in. This is a pretty brilliant idea, would solve some of the problems when projecting the totem to a moving target and having it transported in the wrong place, plus the weakness of people who can simply run out of range as it can pull you back in if you are still kinda close. I definetly think the totem needs improvements, either more reliable and durable or shorter detonate so you can use it more effectively.

-Windwalk Totem baseline...... I agree, we really lack some baseline air and water totems and this would be a nice addition, with cleansing as a new water totem. I would like to add that I think Totemic Projection should be baseline too (don't remember if you added that too).

-Grounding Totem...... You didn't make any changes but I think that Grounding totem should not be restricted by other air totems meaning you can use it independently so can even have Grounding plus another air totem like capacitor or stormlash out. This is important because Grounding has to be timed carefully and some of our air totems are also time sensitive or have long Cd's like Stormlash......plus Grounding is one of the few ways we can actively defend our totems from a direct spell attack but some of the most high thread, often killed totems are also air like Capacitor, Stormlash, and Spirit Link. That means you can't protect these totems with Grounding which is just stupid, this change lets you protect ANY totem with Grounding if you choose to.

-Ghost Wolf glyph baseline. This is a must, it was baseline before and we lack a reliable mobility tool....considering all the other weaknesses of GW (like silencing ourselves), the glyph should be baseline and I would keep it at 100% as anything less makes GW useless.....it has to be atleast normal run speed if you want to effectively run away, kite, or close gaps.

-Hex having a CD reduction and snare. I would even suggest rooting in place, or buff teh snare to 70%, but Hex should have like a 30sec CD and not let the enemy run around at full speed.....this is one of Shamans only CC and should be potent.

-Lightning Nova. Although I think it should stay as a Fire Spell (or changed to something totally different like Frost), I do like the idea of simplifying our current AoE as well as not relying on our 10sec LL to maximize it. Being able to take stuff like shocks and LL out of the setup makes it feel alot smoother, I see it working as an alternative to using a shock and the first Nova hits all enemies around the initial target plus spreading a certain # of dots (2-4), and subsequent Novas will explode off initial target plus those dots similar to how our current Fire Nova works after the setup. We def need an easier to use AoE fit for a hybrid melee/caster like how Howling Blast works (10yd ranged aoe that applies diseases) but with similar mechanics as our current one.

-WARDEN TANK SPEC!!! This I would love to see, it would definetly work as the Earth themed Shaman spec and I like some of your ideas on how to start it off. One thing I would add here, to make gearing easier you could have crit=parry and haste=dodge. I would also try and make it work similar to Brewmaster monks in that you can use DW or 2H staff, since with DW we can switch between Enhance and Warden gear easier.

One thing I do disagree with tho is some of the bigger changes to Enhance like making default imbue combo WF/WF and the spells all lightning themed.....I like how we use a variety of elements like fire for our LL burst and AoE.... I think its more interesting to have two different imbue setups as well while DW, it gives more variety for unleash effects like FT OH in PVE for more dot or aoe damage, and FB in PVP for more control, or even rockbiter or life imbues if you wanted while still having WF on MH for DPS. I also think our current Mastery is pretty good as its a direct buff to various sources of damage, your alternative suggestion of "Energizing Force" is very similar to Warrior's "strike of opp" mastery or even our own Windfury..... we already have a %chance on hit effect for extra attacks so it feels redundant.

Well....I had more comments but I feel like I wrote too much already, great ideas though Radux....you should post this on the official forums either under Damage Dealing or Shaman Forums to try and get some of these ideas out there.