Thread: Valor points.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Valor points.

What should I do with it? As soon as I got trinket and a ring for my fire/frost mage I have no idea where to spend valor. Same with craft items Mastery is everywhere

They must have done a mistake. I got the same items as you from valor points and im sitting now on full cap and cant do nothibg wirh it.... Therefore there is also no reason to do dailies or dungeons. And yes, same goes for crafted gear.

Deleted
    Even if there's mastery the ilvl difference is so big and there's so much stats i'm certain almost anything would be an upgrade to you.

Unless you did heroics in T14 and got to upgrade it.

Deleted
    What spec are we talking here? Mastery isn't pathetic, my stat weights atm are (according to AMR): 1.93, 1.73 and 1.65; this is Frost, mind and I do have 4pc so mastery has a higher rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they would be talking about fire since mastery is fine for the other two specs.

The vp gear is fairly arcane biased this tier but its not bad for frost.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Even if there's mastery the ilvl difference is so big and there's so much stats i'm certain almost anything would be an upgrade to you.

Even with ILVL difference they suck so much. I cannot afford for my fire mage to lose so much crit.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    i have bought trinket, ring, neck, wrist from the new valor guy's on my hunter =P dono why u only bought 2 things
    Because they suck so much for my fire mage

Well, if you don't have good legs Shadopan Assault have Charfire Leggings hit/crit 522 ilvl at honored for fire and also Flameweaver Handwraps haste/mastery for frost.

As Fire:

- Legs are the biggest upgrade until Lei Shen Pants
    - Ring is BiS until Thunderforged Mastery Crit from Qon
    - Trinket's decent, but once you get any trinket (except Unerring) from ToT, replace it. (This is assuming you have LotC, even the LFR version, as your other trinket)
    - Shoulders are great, but by the time you hit exalted, you should have the Hit Crit shoulders from Jin'rohk, or tier.
    - EVERYTHING ELSE IS CRAP.

It's kinda sad. I'll be capped next week and have nothing to do with my VP.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    I use VP to buy blood spirit==>craft some items(iam tailor)==>sell them. But in 5.3 we get item upgrade back, so problem is only temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    sitting on 3k valor points since two weeks

damn this forum is glitchy with my browser ... I just deleted one of my posts because i saw two same posts from me...
    Now I come back and see the deleted post only. meh. I guess ill copy&paste from my cache.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagnerk View Post
    What should I do with it? As soon as I got trinket and a ring for my fire/frost mage I have no idea where to spend valor. Same with craft items Mastery is everywhere

I really have the same opinion as you.
    I'm a casual so i was looking forward to the valor and crafted gear.
    But mastery is all over the place. Both of the crafted gear are mastery,
    for valor, bracers, cloak and belt are mastery =/
    Its like they want us to play arcane...Or maybe the crafted gear and most of the valor gear are meant for warlocks ....

I want to play fire so I want crit. I bought the shado-pan assault trinket and the haste/crit ring and thats it.
    Until I'm Revered which is like weeks away, I won't have anything to purchase. (I'm planning on purchasing the crit/mastery chest as off piece for fire.)

Unfortunately, I'm valor capped... So I just bought the hit/mastery bracers and reforged the mastery to crit, cause i was using the 2/2 upgraded hit/crit pvp bracers, which I'm going to replace once I get ilvl 502 crit bracers from LFR, since I really need more crit.

And about the valor leggings,
    even the LFR leggings has more crit and also an additional yellow socket for a 320crit gem.
    So I'm not really interested in the valor leggings.

I'm going to talk about fire. Dunno about frost.
    But when you're really lacking crit, you can't just upgrade a piece just because it has a higher ilvl.
    Because for fire, if you don't crit, you don't do sh*t.
    If the ilvl difference is so huge that the int difference and reforging hit or mastery to crit makes your crit rating increase,
    yes its worth it. But all of the hit/mastery valor pieces just decreases my crit rating, so even though the ilvl looks nice with more int,
    I don't think its good for my spec(fire).
    Last edited by Menphis; 2013-04-08 at 12:19 PM. Reason: added about valor leggings

Deleted
    I don't understand.

I had the Elite NM cloak from the Protectors in ToeS : http://www.wowhead.com/item=90526
    I bought the VP cloak : http://www.wowhead.com/item=95117

If you just see how they compare from a stat weights PoV, its superior, right ? (the weights arent right, but the priority is good) : http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=90526

I also got some surplus hit which allowed me to change two 160Hit/160Crit gems to 320 Crit gems. So, while it wouldnt seems that way at first by looking at the stats, it allowed me to gain 352 Crit, 141 Intellect, and some stamina.

Sure, its not that big of an upgrade, and I lost some Haste in the way but there's nothing else to buy anyway..!

I've already got those pants : http://www.wowhead.com/item=94739/al...ented-leggings and they seems to be even with the VP ones (because double gems), so I'm not even sure it would be an upgrade.

Sure, stuff isnt optimal for fire mage, but if you've got 496 ilvl, unless your 496 is optimal (meaning crit+haste), i'm sure almost any of the VP items are better. And anyway, its not like there's anything else better to buy with your points..

Going from 496 > 522 in any slot will be an upgrade, even if you are losing crit/haste in favor of mastery. Use VP to fill those lagging slots; if not buy blood spirits and sell them. Or just don't worry about VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethys View Post
    Going from 496 > 522 in any slot will be an upgrade, even if you are losing crit/haste in favor of mastery. Use VP to fill those lagging slots; if not buy blood spirits and sell them. Or just don't worry about VP.
    I dunno why it would be an upgrade if you're losing crit. (at least considering where my crit rating is.)

Do you mean fireballs/mage bomb etc hitting more harder with the base int increase will compensate the lack of heating-up/crits you'll be facing?
    Because even though you could force a pyro, you still need at least two crits in a row when you're going for that huge combustion.
    And a shitty combustion would lead to shitty dps.
    And I'm still suffer from lack of crits when I really need two in a row to get a good combustion.
    So I really can't afford to lose any crit even if the gear has higher ilvl.

Btw, my crit rating is 35% with Molten armor and Dalaran Brilliance.

Would be better if you gave a specific scenario (char link, what slot you are upgrading, what are you upgrading to, etc.) But yes, generally, from my experiences the increase in int/hit/secondary stat outweighs your ~.3% crit loss (taking into account proper reforging/gemming.)

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    I dunno why it would be an upgrade if you're losing crit. (at least considering where my crit rating is.)

Do you mean fireballs/mage bomb etc hitting more harder with the base int increase will compensate the lack of heating-up/crits you'll be facing?
    Because even though you could force a pyro, you still need at least two crits in a row when you're going for that huge combustion.
    And a shitty combustion would lead to shitty dps.
    And I'm still suffer from lack of crits when I really need two in a row to get a good combustion.
    So I really can't afford to lose any crit even if the gear has higher ilvl.

Btw, my crit rating is 35% with Molten armor and Dalaran Brilliance.
    Crit is our best stat, that doesnt mean loosing crit is always a dps loss. For example, gaining 2 mastery or 2 haste will always be better then gaining 1 crit. There is no way a 496 item with crit will ever, in any situation, beat a 522 item with mastery. Saying items are a downgrade if they make you loose crit is very shortsighted and in no way true at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Crit is our best stat, that doesnt mean loosing crit is always a dps loss. For example, gaining 2 mastery or 2 haste will always be better then gaining 1 crit. There is no way a 496 item with crit will ever, in any situation, beat a 522 item with mastery. Saying items are a downgrade if they make you loose crit is very shortsighted and in no way true at all.
    Thats why I don't understand why no one wants to buy the VP gear. even if its sub-optimal, it'll almost always be better if you don't have a 522 parts already..!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    As Fire:

- Legs are the biggest upgrade until Lei Shen Pants
    - Ring is BiS until Thunderforged Mastery Crit from Qon
    - Trinket's decent, but once you get any trinket (except Unerring) from ToT, replace it. (This is assuming you have LotC, even the LFR version, as your other trinket)
    - Shoulders are great, but by the time you hit exalted, you should have the Hit Crit shoulders from Jin'rohk, or tier.
    - EVERYTHING ELSE IS CRAP.

It's kinda sad. I'll be capped next week and have nothing to do with my VP.
    I got tier legs so it is not an option to get one for now

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 03:59 PM ----------

Thats why I don't understand why no one wants to buy the VP gear. even if its sub-optimal, it'll almost always be better if you don't have a 522 parts already..!
    For example, I have got LFR 502 bracers with yellow socket and only crit stat on it. In total it gives me 1k f crit. There is no way i am going to change them because of ILVL

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Vagnerk;20762953]I got tier legs so it is not an option to get one for now

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 03:59 PM ----------

Its a 502ilvl perfectly itemized vs 522 not well itemized, of course not.
    But take a look a the cloak I changed sometimes it may not seem so but it can be better.

No one should discard an higher ilvl item because they are not the exact stats you want

Deleted
    Higher item level = Higher intellect. If you, say, have: 502 bracers - with 600 int and some Crit like 400 or 500. Then you have 522 with 860 int (without crit, but reforgable like 260+ crit from mastery). So in the end you have more intellect (which gives you crit anyways) and with the reforge you gain the same or even more crit you'd get from a LFR item. So if my thoughts and maths are correct it's dps-loss to go for lower item levels for stats.

And think outside the box. What if Fire gets nerfed and you have to play Arcane? Or what if you have really high ilvl at some point but bracers just won't drop, but you want to go Arcane? What would you spent your VP on anyways?
    Last edited by mmocaf48f95cd9; 2013-04-08 at 05:52 PM.