Deleted

Which gems do you make most money of?

The title pretty much says it all, which gems do you prefer to make money of? I stick to Mystic Sun's Radiance at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    All PvP gems on my server. Those + some metas since there are not many people with legendary one and pvp ones.
    Don't know why but pve gems are not that good , atleast on my server :/

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Many orange and yellow cuts for me. Also meta is a big seller.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

I post just about every gem cut there is, perfect and rare gems, except for a few of the useless ones like parry/resil and crap ones like that. I usually make more off the random, lesser bought ones because everyone sells the popular ones like stormy, mystic, vivid and all the stat/resil or pvp power hybrid and they'll go for 100-150g meanwhile half the other cuts sit at my fallback price of 400g and hardly ever have anyone undercut me. My restock is set up to have a stack of every cut on hand, and I notice usually when I restock every other day or so, usually i'm either out of or extremely low on just about all the orange and yellow cuts, so those are my best sellers but not necessarily the ones I make the most overall from.

Metas are probably my best profit though, buying 100's of stacks of golden lotus at a time and using my transmute alch, it only costs me a few hundred gold per raw meta, and the cuts on my server usually go between 900-1200g, and I also post raws for around 750-800 so either way they're pushed into buying from me if they dont want to spend 400+ more on a cut one compared to a raw. I use the same strat for rare vs perfect cuts, keep one slightly lower than the other (usually perfects lower as they are bought less for whatever reason) so either way they're pushed into buyin from me and i'm makin a healthy profit either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done any gem selling since Nov. to be honest, but since I'm now actually leveling my JC I'm getting the meta recipes and when I looked into the market of them I was very much tempted to get back into selling gems again. Profit margins on them are tasty. Not sure about the selling rate though. In Cata I sold about 50 metas a week, with a lot of competition, if it's still anything like that it will be very lucrative.

The thing I've found about the gem market is that it's usually only worth it if you do it big. If you just list a few gems, and don't babysit them, then it's not very lucrative. Doing it large scale, and putting time into relisting and crafting, and it's exponentially better.

I started collecting data 1/9/2013

I update this weekly for my site users

http://www.elvinelol.com/forums/showthread.php?261

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHarp View Post
    I post just about every gem cut there is, perfect and rare gems, except for a few of the useless ones like parry/resil and crap ones like that. I usually make more off the random, lesser bought ones because everyone sells the popular ones like stormy, mystic, vivid and all the stat/resil or pvp power hybrid and they'll go for 100-150g meanwhile half the other cuts sit at my fallback price of 400g and hardly ever have anyone undercut me. My restock is set up to have a stack of every cut on hand, and I notice usually when I restock every other day or so, usually i'm either out of or extremely low on just about all the orange and yellow cuts, so those are my best sellers but not necessarily the ones I make the most overall from.

Metas are probably my best profit though, buying 100's of stacks of golden lotus at a time and using my transmute alch, it only costs me a few hundred gold per raw meta, and the cuts on my server usually go between 900-1200g, and I also post raws for around 750-800 so either way they're pushed into buying from me if they dont want to spend 400+ more on a cut one compared to a raw. I use the same strat for rare vs perfect cuts, keep one slightly lower than the other (usually perfects lower as they are bought less for whatever reason) so either way they're pushed into buyin from me and i'm makin a healthy profit either way.
    Wow, I would love to be on your server. On my high population realm, cut metas normally go for 200-250g and I can't sell any normal cut gem for more than a 100g, most are in the 30-50g range.

Ive found ( i know this makes no sense) but uncut sell for more than cut and way easier to push, so i don't cut. Wild Jade and Vermilion sell for the highest and all the others vary.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Ive found ( i know this makes no sense) but uncut sell for more than cut and way easier to push, so i don't cut. Wild Jade and Vermilion sell for the highest and all the others vary.
    It makes sense. The main reason for gem consumption is for research to learn the cut so you (your alt) can cut your own gems. Who doesn't have a JC alt these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk View Post
    It makes sense. The main reason for gem consumption is for research to learn the cut so you (your alt) can cut your own gems. Who doesn't have a JC alt these days?
    Some cuts I never make on my JC because the cut ones are always less than the uncut. So there was really no reason to learn how to cut them except for completionism. Its possible people are using them for other profs or recipes like the mounts or scopes. Or most likely alchemists for the meta transmute.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    profit-wise metagems are the best, hands down (much, much higher profit per gem while sales number are just a bit lower, but lower chances of being undercutted, on my server)

PvP gems on my server are really low (it's a PvE server without PvP guilds, i think that's quite normal)