Character Biography- Zillidan "Stormrage"

Name: Zillidan "Stormrage"
    Race: Worgen
    Class: Warrior, Archer, Knows enough fire magic to be able to enchant his 2 handed sword and some spells.

Languages: Common, Gilnean

Faction: None yet

Personality: Fun loving happy joke cracker type guy. Never took life seriously and always hated how strict Gilnean customs were and decided that he would be happy. Gets serious at the right times though and will get angry in battle.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Enjoys adventures, battles, meeting new people, visiting new cities and getting away from it all and enjoying life.
    Dislikes: People who try to mess with him, fighting with cowards, sitting around and doing nothing, his family.

Appearance: He is very muscular from all the training he did with his sword. Dark grey/ black fur with glowing blue eyes. 3 scars cover his right eye (which is also missing from an attack by a mantid so he wears an eye patch) after a fight with a Pandaren monk at the Shado-pan Monastry while proving his strength. He wears golden armour white a white cloth sash across his chest like a toga (think Tyrael from D3) with a blue cape on his back. He carries his 2 handed sword with him, as well as a bow on his back thats also blue. On his face besides his eye patch he wears the same white sash across his mouth so you can barely see his face, as well as a top hat on his head (Worgen in Top hats looks os cool and i love them )

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths: He is a very strong fighter, able to parry and block attacks with his 2 hander, and then counter attack with little effort at all (think Assasins Creed like).
    Weaknesses: He is not good with women, as he never really settles anywhere and he sometimes has overconfidence issues,

History: Zillidan was born to a Gilnean Family at the ends point of the Campaign in Northrend. He grew up in a banker family and his father had high hopes for him to carry on the family name and make them money so they could retire earlier. However, Zillidan didn't want this and between his rigorous math lessons he would sneak away and practise his technique. His father hated this and he eventually hid his sword from him. Zillidan grew hatred for his father and he planned to run away from his family. He would try and swim to Southshore that night and with his fathers money, buy a gryphon to the famous Stormwind city. That night he grabbed everything he could and found his dads 'clever' hiding spot and grabbed his sword and left. He walked buy the city when he heard the sound of horses. Scared that the guards would catch him outside after dark, he his in the bush. They went to the the city and he heard the screams of people. Confused, he followed the horses to the city and saw something he had never seen before. A wolf-person was holding a man and threw him in the river before being stabbed. He panicked and decided running to the coast was the best option. When he got there however, there was an earthquake and the tide caved in on him. He ran, but was knocked out. He woke up in a cellar about 5 days later with a pain in his head and arm. Checking it he saw a festering hairy sore. He panicked and saw the dead wolf beside him. He quickly left and headed for the main gate. He noticed it was open and ran through it, only to be mauled by forsaken patrol. They took him to The Sepulcher for for execution, but he transformed into a worgen and killed some forsaken before running and being shot by a strange creature.

The creature turned out to be a Night Elf and he was brought to Darnassuss to be given the ritual to calm his inner beast. now free and part of the alliance, he set out with his small fortune and began his adventures. He never wanted to be associated with his family again, so he took on the last name 'Stormrage' because it was his idol as a child so his father would never find him He explored Azeorth and met many people and got a lot of money. He got great weapons and armour along the way, but kept the same sword throughout. He did some mercenary work, but never really got into the fighting. He barely knew how the war against Deathwing was going. About 2 months before the mists parted he received a letter from his sister that his parents both were killed in their small house in the Alterac Mountains.He inherited his fathers bank and became rich quick, but never told anyone. After the mists parted he was one of the first non SI:7 People in Pandaria. He heard of the Pandaren and wanted to train with them. He made the pilgrimage to the Monastery, only to be locked out. He assumed it was because he was not Pandaren (though it was because of the sha infestation) He found his way over the mountains to the peak of serenity and trained with the masters daily. This is where he got a scar from getting cut across the eye with a fist weapon, it tore his eye out.) He learned exotic fighting arts and now travels Pandaria. He does Mercenary work right now, but has taken up some offensive with his monk bothers against Lei Shen.
    Last edited by Zillidan; 2013-04-09 at 02:10 AM.

Welcome to the RP Forums!

From a first read I found some things that are not detailed enough or have to be explained further.

I'll just go from top to bottom.

First of all the name. It very closely resembles Illidan Stormrage, which in an RP setting is a no go. More so that Zillidan is not a very typical Name for a worgen, neither is Stormrage.

Second the class. You mention he trained himself as a warrior but you never explained why he knows magic and is a proficient archer. Also, wearing heavy armor and Archery/Spellweaving don't really go together. Rigid armor plates and Shoulder pads usually constrain your movement, and make loading and trimming a bow very difficult. Fire magic also isn't something that is done in heavy armor usually. So you'll have to think about your classes.

On your Story:
    You don't explain how or by whom your character was resuced after the earthquake. You also don't explain where he got the wound from. This needs to be explained.

A forsaken patrol at this time and place is rather difficult, since the territory was still contested and heavily fought over. So patrolling was not that usual, also making Prisoners at this setup is rather unlikely, Zillidan, being an armed Gilnean would most likely have been killed on the spot.

Inheriting your families fortune if you broke all contact is also very unlikely. Why didn't his Sister inherit the money? How did she know where/how to reach him

And one last thing, the Pandaren at the peak of Serenity don't train with heavy swords neither armored, so what kind of fighting style did your character learn with them and why?

That's all I can see for now, I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Welcome to the RP Forums!

From a first read I found some things that are not detailed enough or have to be explained further.

I'll just go from top to bottom.

First of all the name. It very closely resembles Illidan Stormrage, which in an RP setting is a no go. More so that Zillidan is not a very typical Name for a worgen, neither is Stormrage.

Second the class. You mention he trained himself as a warrior but you never explained why he knows magic and is a proficient archer. Also, wearing heavy armor and Archery/Spellweaving don't really go together. Rigid armor plates and Shoulder pads usually constrain your movement, and make loading and trimming a bow very difficult. Fire magic also isn't something that is done in heavy armor usually. So you'll have to think about your classes.

On your Story:
    You don't explain how or by whom your character was resuced after the earthquake. You also don't explain where he got the wound from. This needs to be explained.

A forsaken patrol at this time and place is rather difficult, since the territory was still contested and heavily fought over. So patrolling was not that usual, also making Prisoners at this setup is rather unlikely, Zillidan, being an armed Gilnean would most likely have been killed on the spot.

Inheriting your families fortune if you broke all contact is also very unlikely. Why didn't his Sister inherit the money? How did she know where/how to reach him

And one last thing, the Pandaren at the peak of Serenity don't train with heavy swords neither armored, so what kind of fighting style did your character learn with them and why?

That's all I can see for now, I hope this helps.

I tried writing this out of a different Warcraft universe that I kindof do as a side project. It's more like a Warcraft universe where it's like skyrim and this character is the only hero type. He's actually pretty much god modded because he's like the titans appointed creation on Azeroth and he's placed to protect Azeroth from danger. He's like 36,000 years old and I progress him trough the patches as they come out. He's defeated the bosses and has become the fire lord and leader of the black flight and all that jazz. Also something that's different where it's like kingdom hearts style where when there's an off latch time( like right now) he goes to different game "worlds" and helps solve their problems. In that respect, I kindof wrote this on the fly just for fun and I understand that it's pretty unfit for role play. In the story too, he's actually illidans son. He was a blood elf that turned worgen by choice over the curse. Anyways thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillidan View Post
    I tried writing this out of a different Warcraft universe that I kindof do as a side project. It's more like a Warcraft universe where it's like skyrim and this character is the only hero type. He's actually pretty much god modded because he's like the titans appointed creation on Azeroth and he's placed to protect Azeroth from danger. He's like 36,000 years old and I progress him trough the patches as they come out. He's defeated the bosses and has become the fire lord and leader of the black flight and all that jazz. Also something that's different where it's like kingdom hearts style where when there's an off latch time( like right now) he goes to different game "worlds" and helps solve their problems. In that respect, I kindof wrote this on the fly just for fun and I understand that it's pretty unfit for role play. In the story too, he's actually illidans son. He was a blood elf that turned worgen by choice over the curse. Anyways thanks for looking.
    I feel like this would have been an extremely good idea to mention in your first post. We look at every RP character seriously and if we see a concern in it we'll comment on it, but context like this would have been pretty useful, y'know?

Fun fact: full chain mail armor actually constrains your movement more so than full plate armor, as long as the plate is made properly. It's because the chain doesn't have articulated joints, it's just the metal rings,while plate mail armor does have those articulated joints allowing it to "bend" more efficiently.

Well, in that case the Biography format may not be the right one. Maybe rename this to Fanfiction then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Fun fact: full chain mail armor actually constrains your movement more so than full plate armor, as long as the plate is made properly. It's because the chain doesn't have articulated joints, it's just the metal rings,while plate mail armor does have those articulated joints allowing it to "bend" more efficiently.
    One of the main problems of plate armor is the sheer weight. Will the stability of the upper body is of advantage to you, the weight of the armplates make holding an aiming postion way more straining. Also Many plate still uses chainmail underneath it. So while the Protection/agility ratio of the Plate is better, The encumberance should still be larger. Also most plate is manufactured for Melee combatants so the joints do not help Archer typical movement.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2013-04-09 at 02:35 PM.

One of the main problems of plate armor is the sheer weight. Will the stability of the upper body is of advantage to you, the weight of the armplates make holding an aiming postion way more straining. Also Many plate still uses chainmail underneath it. So while the Protection/agility ratio of the Plate is better, The encumberance should still be larger. Also most plate is manufactured for Melee combatants so the joints do not help Archer typical movement.
    I know this, I'm simply sharing that little tidbit of information.