1. #1

    Enhance questions, logs incl.

    I'm gearing up this enhance shammy and I haven't played since mid-Wrath as one as trying to get good with em again. I know I'm not highly geared or nothing, been tanking on my main the last few years. Anyways, just wanted to see if my damage is where it should be for my gear level. The burst is fine, I can get up to like 230k if I'm lucky but then it drops down to about 57k to 70k at the end of the fight some times.

    And I know I'm missing the meta gem and the belt buckle. Tight on money and wanted to wait til I get an epic for those. And I've used ~85 coins total and only gotten these few pieces =/.

    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B9ry/advanced
    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dpy3kdga43k1m424/

    Are enhance just that, a burst class only or am I just playing it incorrectly to not have the sustained. Know it's LFR logs, but 86% on nearly every fight is decent for my gear level isn't it?
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-04-04 at 10:59 AM.
    Internet Sucks at New House so no more live streaming/video uploading

  2. #2
    I can't really tell wether you use your hardhitting abilities on cooldown, so I assume you're already doing so.

    Although you could use Bloodlust a little bit earlier, and if it helps use Stormstrike before you use all your CDs to get that extra edge with burst.

    Get Flame shock up while moving to the boss with UE > Stormstrike > use all cds, etc macro them together if it helps > Stormblast > Normal rotation here on.

    If you want to increase your burst, Pre pot!

    If you're not already, try and use your cds as much as possible, EM when it comes off cd, so it'll be ready for the second Elemental/Ascendance without having to delay them. however, delay them if it's needed for a burn phase.

    Everything seems alright though, your gear isn't that great, which may be your biggest hinderence.

    Thats all I can give you without going into much detail.

    edit: forgot to answer your last question: Yes, playing EM+PE it's all about your burst, your sustained damage without the cooldowns is close to pisspoor to say it mildly.

  3. #3
    Ah. I'm just running in with UE+FS then hitting all the cooldowns before actually meleeing the boss. And yea, pre-pot of course just didn't want to use em in LFR lol.

    But everything seems to be alright except for the low gear then?
    Internet Sucks at New House so no more live streaming/video uploading

  4. #4
    Just as a note - the talent setup you're using is focused on burst to deal the most damage, whereas if you went with a AF+UF or even EotE+UF you'd see more consistent damage. Also, I think you should switch to one of those two options and go for a mastery centered build as at lower levels of gear (aka pre fully decked ToT gear) mastery is still king.

  5. #5
    I want to echo the sentiment of prepotting and stacking whatever you can on the pull.

    The other night on a 6:30 fight I did 25% of my damage in the first 40 seconds. Think about that for a second, 10% of the total fight was 25% of my damage and that included a second cast of PFE. If your long term damage sucks this is the first place to start for improvement / perfects since a flub up here will screw you for the rest of the fight.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    Just as a note - the talent setup you're using is focused on burst to deal the most damage, whereas if you went with a AF+UF or even EotE+UF you'd see more consistent damage. Also, I think you should switch to one of those two options and go for a mastery centered build as at lower levels of gear (aka pre fully decked ToT gear) mastery is still king.
    From what I saw and heard even in lower gear levels haste and EM+PE was actually a bit better. I'm still not too sold on the mastery build for some reason. I can always try it out and such. But are you talking only in bis ToT gear haste pulls ahead or even in LFR ToT gear haste pulls ahead? My group is reforming again to start in ToT and I figured I should be fine to go in there around 495ish which should be ToT LFR and some heroic HoF/ToES. Everyone else in the group will be 490-495.

    And should I not be popping everything off the pull or what? Should I macro cooldowns that are the same length together and go that route so that I have a more even burst route or what?

    Like macro FET+AC since they're both 3m cds. Then use EM+FS or what?
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-04-04 at 07:47 PM.
    Internet Sucks at New House so no more live streaming/video uploading

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    From what I saw and heard even in lower gear levels haste and EM+PE was actually a bit better. I'm still not too sold on the mastery build for some reason. I can always try it out and such. But are you talking only in bis ToT gear haste pulls ahead or even in LFR ToT gear haste pulls ahead? My group is reforming again to start in ToT and I figured I should be fine to go in there around 495ish which should be ToT LFR and some heroic HoF/ToES. Everyone else in the group will be 490-495.

    And should I not be popping everything off the pull or what? Should I macro cooldowns that are the same length together and go that route so that I have a more even burst route or what?

    Like macro FET+AC since they're both 3m cds. Then use EM+FS or what?
    These are all things I've address in this guide - please take a look over it again and let me know if you have questions afterwards.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    Just as a note - the talent setup you're using is focused on burst to deal the most damage, whereas if you went with a AF+UF or even EotE+UF you'd see more consistent damage. Also, I think you should switch to one of those two options and go for a mastery centered build as at lower levels of gear (aka pre fully decked ToT gear) mastery is still king.
    Silly question, but doesn't the fact that you picked AS automatically means haste gains more importance? Or at least build your shaman towards a balance between haste/mastery

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Silly question, but doesn't the fact that you picked AS automatically means haste gains more importance? Or at least build your shaman towards a balance between haste/mastery
    If you check my armory I do have a pretty even balance between haste and mastery. For my sims my haste is barely favored more than mastery, but they are about even for me. I do expect that to change as I gain more gear though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •