What might be the problem with my fps in WoW ?

Two days ago I cleaned up my PC from the inside because of the dust, removed and dismantled the vga, cpu cleaned them by blowing the dust, reinstalled them and put back the PC as it was.

After this, or maybe after the patch hot fix update (not sure cause they kinda overlapped in time). I started having FPS issues, which I normally didn't have.

I turned the graphics to minimum and tested, and still fps issues were still there, though not as frequent as in High graphics. But before even in High graphics I had no fps issues at all.

Can you please help me with this ? Any idea why this happened ? What should I do to debug this problem and fix it ?

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Computer specs:

CPU: Core i7 2.6
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    Graphic: Nvidia GTX 460 1GB DDR5

10+ Year Old Account
    cpu cleaned them by blowing the dust, reinstalled them and put back the PC as it was.
    Did you take the CPU cooler off of the CPU? If so, did you remove the old thermal compound and apply new stuff?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

download gpu-z and check your Pci-e Bus speedy, maybe your are stucked in 1x, even if your Vga are 16x

Search on Techarp.com for artigle 522, i cant post links, firsts posts here yet ^^

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Did you take the CPU cooler off of the CPU? If so, did you remove the old thermal compound and apply new stuff?
    I didn't remove the thermal compound.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's probably the issue then. If you ever remove the CPU cooler, you pretty much always need to remove the old compound and apply new stuff. Chances are your CPU is likely overheating. Download HWMonitor or CoreTemp and report back what your temps are
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

That's probably the issue then. If you ever remove the CPU cooler, you pretty much always need to remove the old compound and apply new stuff. Chances are your CPU is likely overheating. Download HWMonitor or CoreTemp and report back what your temps are
    Ok will do today after noon. @work atm. Thanks for help, I will keep you updated.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 03:47 PM ----------

Ok so I did what you suggeseted. The cpu temp max temp reached (During gameplay) was 98c. Is it normal ? or should I do something about it ?

Thanks again !

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 09:26 PM ----------

Ok so I did what you suggested. The CPU temp max temp reached (During game play) was 98c. Is it normal ? or should I do something about it ? on normal when just running windows , CPU temp is 50 degrees c

Thanks again !