(QQ) in broadcast

I see every once in a while someone's broadcast says (QQ), why does it do this? Anyone else seen it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    I see every once in a while someone's broadcast says (QQ), why does it do this? Anyone else seen it?
    Its people who have the oQueue addon enabled.

It's actually "(OQ)" and like DrWinkenstein said it's caused by the addon oQueue.

Basically what it's for, is for most channels like whispers, guild, etc, there is a corresponding hidden channel that addons can use to send messages to other people in the channel. However, there is no such channel for RealID, so oQueue works around this by putting that indicator into the users status. This way the addon knows anyone on the person's friends list with "(OQ)" at the start of the message can be sent addon data and it will be filtered out by the addon on their end (instead of spamming the crap out of them with random data).

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by DrWinkenstein View Post
    Its people who have the oQueue addon enabled.
    Hmm, that may be it and what I thought but they said mine does it sometimes too, I don't have that add-on though. However the people I see with it I figure might have it, not sure, I'd have to ask.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It's actually "(OQ)" and like DrWinkenstein said it's caused by the addon oQueue.

Basically what it's for, is for most channels like whispers, guild, etc, there is a corresponding hidden channel that addons can use to send messages to other people in the channel. However, there is no such channel for RealID, so oQueue works around this by putting that indicator into the users status. This way the addon knows anyone on the person's friends list with "(OQ)" at the start of the message can be sent addon data and it will be filtered out by the addon on their end.
    Hmm, interesting.