PS1 Codebreaker/Action Replay region free on PS3?

Hey guys, I am thinking about importing a few PS1 games that never got released over here. Unfortunately my PS3 will only read PAL PS1 games.

My question, remember years ago Codebreaker and Action Replay on the PS1 had the ability to allow the use of region free games and dvds (I also had a similar disc on the gamecube which did that), will this work on the PS3 and allow me to play region free PS1 games?

Thanks!
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Honestly I am not sure. But if you wanted you could use a Ps1 emulator and use a Bios from the region those games are locked to, that way the disks will work. However I assume any known ways to break the region lock was fixed for the Ps3 with a patch, if they cared enough that is.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Honestly I am not sure. But if you wanted you could use a Ps1 emulator and use a Bios from the region those games are locked to, that way the disks will work. However I assume any known ways to break the region lock was fixed for the Ps3 with a patch, if they cared enough that is.
    Thanks for the reply.
    As far as I am aware, all region locking on PS1 games are on the disks themselves. From what I know, the PS3 doesnt really do anything with region locking (nor did the PS2 or PS1) with regards to PS1 games and all the locking was done through code on the game itself.
    That is why Codebreaker and Action Replay had the ability to get rid of that region locking on the disks.

Just not sure if that method would work on the PS3 In theory it should but I would like to be 100% sure before chucking some cash around.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -