Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dislike how Sim City 5 costs 499 DKK at Origin for a download version while I can order a store Box-version for 288 DKK. While I can buy a CDKey for 250 DKK.

Why is it cheaper to make a case, cd and stuff?

And in 6 months they are probably gonna add new buildings that can only be bought for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i'm not even sure what you mean
    Well, that simply means you're a well-behaved and honorable software user

I'm not...

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    I just can't help but think at how telecom and bank CEO's are snickering knowing EA managed to be the Red Herring they've so desperately craved.
    Pretty much this.
    Peeps will still continue to play EA games, cos they are , you know, games. Its all about those licenses.

For a bank/telecom or even some fmcg company, this 'award' is a potentially bigger PR disaster.

"The tallest tree catches the most wind"
    What an arrogant piece of shit.

Am I the only one who doesn't really hates EA much, and hates Activision (naturally) or Square (Give. Me. My. Fucking. FF7. REMAKE!!!!!) much more?
    "Your people are despicable cowards, orc, you're nothing more than rabbid dogs! And you will be put down!"

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really hates EA much, and hates Activision (naturally) or Square (Give. Me. My. Fucking. FF7. REMAKE!!!!!) much more?
    i don't hate any company, i think that's stupid.
    I just look at what they're offering and purchase their good if i find good value.

And yes, i must admit recently i found the value of activision-blizzard product lately to be terrible. so i don't buy any, but that just me and you wouldn't see any blind hate from me to those company.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    FF7 was mediocre, though. I mean, Square would make an embarrassing profit off of milking that nostalgia-tit, but it's not like it'd be any better than it was before
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    And in 6 months they are probably gonna add new buildings that can only be bought for real money.
    Isn't that a bit naive to think it will take as long as 6 months? Besides I thought there was packs to alter the looks of buildings for cash at launch already.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    FF7 was mediocre, though. I mean, Square would make an embarrassing profit off of milking that nostalgia-tit, but it's not like it'd be any better than it was before
    Opinions, opinions.

I think FF7 is the best single-player game ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Opinions, opinions.

I think FF7 is the best single-player game ever made.
    You think WRONG! :P

But seriously? I mean the story is pretty decent, but the characters are mostly forgettable and the mechanics are pretty crap. There's millions of games that can actually do weapons and armor well, and class mechanics that are interesting.
    Still bitter.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    EA has been EA for many, many years; most of those long-standing franchises came well after their shady practices were known. Yet that didn't stop people from buying into those new franchises; and yet strangely, even while they continue to give EA money to support these shady practices, they continue to complain about them.

They're a business - complain with your wallet first, your mouth second.
    EA wasn't always bad. But they bought a lot of franchises and then proceed to poop on them. And I do complain with my wallet. I haven't bought a C&C game since C&C3 and its debacle of a expansion.

That doesn't make me any less wrong to complain about how bad they are, they just have a large market share of popular franchises.

I did get suckered in by Sim City though, at least I guess, I got a free ME3 game out of it. But what other city simulation do you recommend I play?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    But what other city simulation do you recommend I play?
    Sim City 4 still looks good, is extremely moddable and probably the most thorough version of that lineage with most options/systems to toy with. Including regions.

Cities XL with all it's versions are pretty good city simulations in vein of Sim City and looks very pretty. Has Sim City 5-like trading options between cities.

Then there's some older games like Caesar 3, building cities in ancient Rome, Pharaoh, same thing but in ancient Egypt. Some smaller scale city building is offered by Anno serie.

There are loads of options for this genre.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Sim City 4 still looks good, is extremely moddable and probably the most thorough version of that lineage with most options/systems to toy with. Including regions.

Cities XL with all it's versions are pretty good city simulations in vein of Sim City and looks very pretty. Has Sim City 5-like trading options between cities.

Then there's some older games like Caesar 3, building cities in ancient Rome, Pharaoh, same thing but in ancient Egypt. Some smaller scale city building is offered by Anno serie.

There are loads of options for this genre.
    Hmm, haven't heard of citiesxl, have to check it out. ty
    WoW:'06 - '11 : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest

And of course they still can't get SimCity working right.

http://kotaku.com/happy-one-month-an...oing-470912279

Wow...

what really blows my mind about EA is their delusion that Origin is good because so many people use it. OF COURSE WE USE IT WHEN YOU MAKE IT A REQUIREMENT TO LOAD THE FRIGGIN GAME!

That and as always they highlight tiny groups of wackjobs (homophobes this time) and blame them for all the hate they are receiving. They pulled the same shit with mass effect dismissing the legions of fans they had let down and labelling everyone who didn't like the ending with the same brush of 'whiny minority'.

Sad fact is though even with all the hate people will keep buying EA titles because they use their massive company to buy up as many promising titles as they can.
    Have you ever stepped on a lego piece while barefoot?

Can you recall that exquisitely piercing and utterly unforgettable pedal agony? Now imagine what would happen if you were to step on between 10 and 25 angry, well armed lego pieces which are all acting in brutal concert, and tell me how that would go for you.

Plus they have magic and sharp objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Sad fact is though even with all the hate people will keep buying EA titles because they use their massive company to buy up as many promising titles as they can.
    That's really a large crux of the problem. People aren't seeking out EA in order to 'buy EA games' like everyone (inluding the company) keeps reiterating. They are buying games they enjoy that get taken over and run into the ground by EA.

It's like if you enjoy the NFL tremendously and next year it gets bought out by the UFC. Of course you are going to have some serious eyebrow raising, but you buy the TV package anyways b/c it's the NFL. Sure some rules have changed, but they don't seem like it's going to be that big of a deal. 5 years later you are left watching some strange amalgamation of the game you once loved and what it has turned in to.

At some point if you keep watching the 'new' NFL, then shame on you, but these people keep movnig on to different products only to have the same thing happen. It's less a 'fool me once, shame on you, etc' situation and more a plague that keeps spreading to infect everything you previously enjoyed.

It's certainly not ok to blame customers for this.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    And of course they still can't get SimCity working right.

http://kotaku.com/happy-one-month-an...oing-470912279

Wow...
    With C&C3 and its expansion it was impossible to play an online co-op vs ai. 98% of the games you played would desync during the game and end it.

It took them 6 months to fix that.

Watch out if you piss off a bunch of video gamers!

Worst companies are clearly those that actually HARM people and RUIN LIVES. EA does not, they are just pricks.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wow...
    What's in the bag Egg? Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Watch out if you piss off a bunch of video gamers!

Worst companies are clearly those that actually HARM people and RUIN LIVES. EA does not, they are just pricks.
    Goldman saches, monsanto, or exxon wasn't on the poll last I checked.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-04-09 at 03:25 PM.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Arsenal, Nighthawk, Raptor, Tigerclaw
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Goldman saches, monsanto, or exxon wasn't on the poll last I checked.
    We need a separate category for "most evil". EA has shitty PR, but they are not evil. They are not taking the homes of people that are sharing games.