Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    One of the founders of Bioware discusses his relationship with EA, key quote :- Zeschuk wouldn't change a thing about his time at BioWare or EA, which he says "gives you enough rope to hang yourself"

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...console-future
    If you buy that rope used it only comes in 1 color and no chair also no one can help you hang yourself with it must do it all solo.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

In all honesty I find it hard to believe that people consider a video game company worse than a bank or a retailer.

A bank is by far the worst considering recent history by default. EA should not have made it as far as it did in the contest regardless of how bad they are. Worst gaming company for sure. Worst company in the US out of the contenders? Hell no. Worst company in the US outside of the contenders? EA looks like a saint in front of most US corporations.

And it's obvious EA is not going to change until people stop buying their products. Voting them to be the worst company only shows that 1. a lot of us have effed up priorities and 2. that we apparently still care about the company enough to deal with their shit when buying their video games.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-11 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    One of the founders of Bioware discusses his relationship with EA, key quote :- Zeschuk wouldn't change a thing about his time at BioWare or EA, which he says "gives you enough rope to hang yourself"

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...console-future
    Since we know the "context" involved? I would admit to having a hard time taking some of it seriously.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-11 at 06:32 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    In all honesty I find it hard to believe that people consider a video game company worse than a bank or a retailer.

A bank is by far the worst considering recent history by default. EA should not have made it as far as it did in the contest regardless of how bad they are. Worst gaming company for sure. Worst company in the US out of the contenders? Hell no. Worst company in the US outside of the contenders? EA looks like a saint in front of most US corporations.

And it's obvious EA is not going to change until people stop buying their products. Voting them to be the worst company only shows that 1. a lot of us have effed up priorities and 2. that we apparently still care about the company enough to deal with their shit when buying their video games.
    It's THE CONSUMERIST. That evaluation is based on company-client relations, in which EA fairly beats anyone in how poor they treat theirs.

For crying out loud, when did Bank of America started to call their clients "fans of BoA" and when they started to call complains of "feeling of entitlement"?

Probably only Wal-mart used the vocal minority lie to defend itself between the contenders, besides EA.

And their "apology" is a reminder they are greater and more powerful than any "fan".

In client-company relations EA deserved the 2 prizes by far, and IF they can reach 2014 without "going THQ" they will win a third time.

EA is by far the most crappy video game companie there is, for real , pay 50 bucks for the game, pay 15 dollars for the other half or some crap like that. Meh i hate EA.
    Stuff

Maybe one day EA is going to listen to its consumers. Something tells me they are going to be in the running next year again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragma117 View Post
    Maybe one day EA is going to listen to its consumers. Something tells me they are going to be in the running next year again.
    People with common sense that bitch about how crappy their games are need to stop buying them. I don't give a damn if EA tries to sucker people into buying their products by reviving old franchises like they did with Sim City, after that little fiasco EA knows people will be gullible enough to buy their products if they bring out something that hasn't been seen in years. Unfortunately no matter how much people bitch, if they are stupid enough to keep buying EA's products, they will continue to suffer the consequences of mediocre games and microtransactions.

The fact that a video game maker can win award for 'worst company' speaks volume about how short-sighted and naive the average US consumer actually is.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Bank of america has less effect on my country than EA.
    Ea sells their p** araund the world.
    So yeah big difrence.

Every bank does more or less the same shit. The difference between them is not that big in the eyes of customers. EA on the other hand is clear winner when it comes to game publisher scumbags. Why should Bank of america be singled out instead of EA I don't see it. If the pool was about the worst business segment, banks would probably win by wide margin, but it's not.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    So as a gay person, you support a company making up lies about people who have different beliefs/orientation than your own in order to excuse their incompetence? Or is it just that catering to your demographic is all that matters, regardless of what demographic that is?

I don't even know where to begin with that, other than you should be ashamed of yourself.
    I like how you put words in my mouth. I don't support any of that, I just don't agree that EA is the worst thing since Hitler because of their stance on this issue.
    Last edited by Puck; 2013-04-12 at 05:24 AM.

I like how you put words in my mouth. I don't support any of that, I just don't agree that EA is the worst thing since Hitler because of their stance on this issue.
    So you're alright that whenever shit hit the fan, EA uses LGBT as a shield against any criticism? Because that's exactly what they do. Only few times whenever they've come up with their unwavered support towards the group has been in times when there's been lot of bad PR going around for them
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

EA Voted Worst Company in America Again

A Consumerist readers' poll of the "worst companies" has awarded Electronic Arts a "Golden Poo" for the second year in a row. The video game maker, whose botched release of "SimCity" recently drew intense criticism from users, earned nearly 78 percent of readers' votes, faring far worse than runner-up Bank of America."*

A consumerist reader's poll has named EA the worst company in America. What did Electronic Arts do that made them more detested than even Bank of America and AT&T?

And this is their response, I'm sure: image
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

Blizzard for europe

who cares? and what does it have to do with wow?

I play SWTOR atm (an EA-BIOWARE game), and I can tell you this:

1. Their customer support is terrible and they treat paying customers like excrement.

2. Their servers are awful, in fact yesterday half the EU and NA SWTOR servers went down for about 5 hours and when they came back online I and others had suffered a 5 hour rollback with our toons losing money, items and playtime.

People are telling me that this isn't the first time their servers crash and a rollback happens either. Apparently their servers had crashed again when the game first went F2P and there was a rollback too.

It would be so AWESOME if Blizzard with their unmatched professionalism were to own SWTOR, they would have made that game a huge success.

I don't see EA having any bright future since they refuse to learn and refuse to adapt and insist on their old anti-professional and anti-client routine.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-04-12 at 01:01 PM.
    NINJA TURTLES as the next playable WoW race/class combo. WoW has got Kung Fu Pandas, Pokemon and recently even Transformers in it, so I don't see how Ninja Turtles would be any less pathetic than current "WoW" is.

My Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    who cares? and what does it have to do with wow?
    I bet the blizzard stuff vote the EA the worst

The people who vote for that kind of nonsense, only have short term memory, like almost all Americans (they base who they should vote on, on the last few commercials...). Simcity just went wrong, every other failure of every other company is instantly pushed back in their minds, so they all vote EA. It means nothing.

lmfao @ people coming to EAs defense...

Granted BoA, AT&T, and many others are still far far greater piles of dinosaur excrement by comparison.

EA easily takes the cake for the video game industry.