Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnace View Post
    Why does every MMORPG that comes out have to beat WoW? Also GW2 did not fail, because it did not try to "kill" WoW in the first place.
    It failed at being fun, and it sadly didnt offer options.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    When WoW dies, the mmorpg genre will be reborn

Edit: Also LOL @ the poster above me.

"Your opinion is worthless opinion! But mine is fact!"
    English is hard. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I don't want WoW dead, I just want something to actually compete with it. The monopoly they have over the MMO game has been bringing down WoW's quality for a while now.
    I agree with this.

In subs... probably not soon. Imo, RIFT is already superior to WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I don't want WoW dead, I just want something to actually compete with it. The monopoly they have over the MMO game has been bringing down WoW's quality for a while now.
    It's not a monopoly when the subs continue to willingly pay them. There are tons of other P2P MMOs, but the people who want it dead still pay for Blizzard's services. If people want a change, they need to voice their opinion. This is why I do not play WoW anymore and simply play LoL and RIFT.

The problem is lots of games that come out are superior to WoW vanilla (and often one or two expansions more), but that's not what they're competing against. They're competing against WoW+ all expansions. But really the biggest thing they're competing against is an established player base. People want to go where the people are in MMORPGs. Hence the title of MMORPG. I think it's going to happen soon though.
    Still bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    A new generation of mmos will kill it.

See sword art online.
    I can only hope I live to see that level of immersion.
    3DS Friend Code-2208-5660-1089 (Please PM me with your FC if you add me, thanks!)
    Currently playing Bravely Default/Rune Factory 4

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh, yes you are. Pretty young, huh.

You shouldn't be so angry about me liking WoW, it's not healthy.
    Don't worry, little fella. Nobody cares if you like WoW. There are plenty of people who do and I've already made it pretty clear that I can completely understand why. You, on the other hand, just hand out the "insults" because your "arguments" are baseless and can't be backed up. It's actually gotten pathetic now, so I'll stop responding.

No MMO will beat WoW until Blizzard makes another MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Don't worry, little fella. Nobody cares if you like WoW. There are plenty of people who do and I've already made it pretty clear that I can completely understand why. You, on the other hand, just hand out the "insults" because your "arguments" are baseless and can't be backed up. It's actually gotten pathetic now, so I'll stop responding.
    You mean, you'll stop having heated arguments with yourself and displaying juvenile internet superiority, because I never had a debate with you to begin with, if you look again. Fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It failed at being fun, and it sadly didnt offer options.
    I could say that for every single game that I didn't like.

Blizzard still has the free-to-play option they could pull to grow a lot more subs once it's popularity wanes enough, look what it did for TERA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    I can only hope I live to see that level of immersion.
    I don't I'd rather not be trapped in an MMO.

They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle. Your gods are not your gods, outsider.

i would'nt think no mmo would beat World of warcraft, World of warcraft may get boring from time to time but it will always be the biggest mmo out there.

Nothing lasts forever.

Oh my god. How is this thread still alive.

Kill it with fire.
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Many MMO's i consider better than WoW.. but WoW has the market and players don't wanna change MMO since they have used so much time on WOW

Only time it will happen is when WoW's servers shut down. If you like the game, or don't like the game, that's how it's going to be. Elder scrolls won't kill it, Titan won't kill it, <insert random new mmo heree> won't kill it.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    Many MMO's i consider better than WoW.. but WoW has the market and players don't wanna change MMO since they have used so much time on WOW
    Like what?

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Someday there will be a Windows OS that won't support WoW's engine. On that day, the game will die. But not before then... unless Blizzard pulls the plug. But considering EQ is still going and it's older than WoW, I don't think we'll see the end of it anytime soon.
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

Tam! RUGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Like what?
    Rift, Gw2 is some i consider better.. The problems with WoW is just that i find it old and boring after having played it for 5 years..

But blizzard has the MMO market but WoW isn't a bad game.. just not that good as it used to be

I already consider Rift and Guild Wars 2 to be better than current WoW. I guess WoW is still considered ''king'' because it has the highest amount of subscribers. But if WoW was to launch today, I doubt it would be half as succesfull. Most players still cling to WoW because of all the time they spend on the game, and don't feel like giving up on that.