Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If the titan rumors are true and it has a link to wow as in transfer toon progress then i guess wow wont die as it will live on in blizzards new MMO in a way, but at same time the new mmo will kill it.

If that fails wow will die when the sub numbers fall low enough that blizzard see's no point in leaving it running.

As for when its no longer to mmo that will happen sooner than when it shuts down. eventually when not many are playing another mmo will have higher sub numbers making the new mmo #1.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh, yes you are. Pretty young, huh.
    Ad hominem.
    #5.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    just because something is popular doesn't mean is "the best". It a question of individual taste.
    There is, one this very forum, a thread about popular/hyped game that you didn't like.
    So there can very be tons of people for whom wow is just crap. Most likely those people wouldn't be on those forums though, since it's a wow fansite.
    So for some people, wow has already been defeated, in quality that is, if not in popularity.

one thing for sure about wow tough. It appeals to the largest group of players yet, given the subs numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    WoW did not define the MMO genre, WoW destroyed it and turned it into a festering cesspool of wanna-be pros, overly simplistic gameplay, and was the perfect environment to breed out this generation of MMO players; The Entitlement Generation. It stopped being a good game a long time ago, people still play it because they feel attached to the game after spending several years and tons of cash on it.
    I haven't played wow in a while, I personally don't think it's a good game either. Your reply is full of spite though and quite frankly, contains nothing more than poorly ventilated opinions. It's pretty obvious that these are the fruit of some nasty experience that still haunts you. E.G. 'you've been kicked from your raid group/your class got nerfed/you couldn't perform well enough with one macro, etc...'

Indeed. I shouldn't pass judgement on you based on one ill formulated reply. You shouldn't run down a community of 10 mil (!) players, just because wow hurt your feelings in some silly way.

Whether wow is worth a place in your privy, has nothing to do with the way it defined the MMO genre as a whole. Cause that, it did.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-04-09 at 11:52 AM.

When WoW dies, the mmorpg genre will be reborn

Edit: Also LOL @ the poster above me.

"Your opinion is worthless opinion! But mine is fact!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnace View Post
    Why does every MMORPG that comes out have to beat WoW? Also GW2 did not fail, because it did not try to "kill" WoW in the first place.
    It failed at being fun, and it sadly didnt offer options.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    When WoW dies, the mmorpg genre will be reborn

Edit: Also LOL @ the poster above me.

"Your opinion is worthless opinion! But mine is fact!"
    English is hard. I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I don't want WoW dead, I just want something to actually compete with it. The monopoly they have over the MMO game has been bringing down WoW's quality for a while now.
    I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    In subs... probably not soon. Imo, RIFT is already superior to WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I don't want WoW dead, I just want something to actually compete with it. The monopoly they have over the MMO game has been bringing down WoW's quality for a while now.
    It's not a monopoly when the subs continue to willingly pay them. There are tons of other P2P MMOs, but the people who want it dead still pay for Blizzard's services. If people want a change, they need to voice their opinion. This is why I do not play WoW anymore and simply play LoL and RIFT.

The problem is lots of games that come out are superior to WoW vanilla (and often one or two expansions more), but that's not what they're competing against. They're competing against WoW+ all expansions. But really the biggest thing they're competing against is an established player base. People want to go where the people are in MMORPGs. Hence the title of MMORPG. I think it's going to happen soon though.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    A new generation of mmos will kill it.

See sword art online.
    I can only hope I live to see that level of immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh, yes you are. Pretty young, huh.

You shouldn't be so angry about me liking WoW, it's not healthy.
    Don't worry, little fella. Nobody cares if you like WoW. There are plenty of people who do and I've already made it pretty clear that I can completely understand why. You, on the other hand, just hand out the "insults" because your "arguments" are baseless and can't be backed up. It's actually gotten pathetic now, so I'll stop responding.

10+ Year Old Account
    No MMO will beat WoW until Blizzard makes another MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Don't worry, little fella. Nobody cares if you like WoW. There are plenty of people who do and I've already made it pretty clear that I can completely understand why. You, on the other hand, just hand out the "insults" because your "arguments" are baseless and can't be backed up. It's actually gotten pathetic now, so I'll stop responding.
    You mean, you'll stop having heated arguments with yourself and displaying juvenile internet superiority, because I never had a debate with you to begin with, if you look again. Fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It failed at being fun, and it sadly didnt offer options.
    I could say that for every single game that I didn't like.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard still has the free-to-play option they could pull to grow a lot more subs once it's popularity wanes enough, look what it did for TERA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    I can only hope I live to see that level of immersion.
    I don't I'd rather not be trapped in an MMO.

Deleted
    i would'nt think no mmo would beat World of warcraft, World of warcraft may get boring from time to time but it will always be the biggest mmo out there.

Nothing lasts forever.

Oh my god. How is this thread still alive.

Kill it with fire.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Many MMO's i consider better than WoW.. but WoW has the market and players don't wanna change MMO since they have used so much time on WOW