Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Wow this guide is great! I join in on the sticky vote.
    It's already stickied ^_^. If you've got anything you think needs to be added, though, I'm sure Viridis is open to feedback.

  2. #22
    Blademaster Vokz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UT, USA
    Posts
    29
    Question for you: is sword sub viable at all?
    Only missing out on Backstab with Hemo's damage being a little higher.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Vokz View Post
    Question for you: is sword sub viable at all?
    Only missing out on Backstab with Hemo's damage being a little higher.
    I haven't tried it myself, but I'm fairly sure it's viable. A fairly known EU rogue called Pshero plays sword sub - you can find his stream at http://www.twitch.tv/spb_89 - he does some insane damage from what I've seen.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    I haven't tried it myself, but I'm fairly sure it's viable. A fairly known EU rogue called Pshero plays sword sub - you can find his stream at http://www.twitch.tv/spb_89 - he does some insane damage from what I've seen.
    Interesting. I thought about just running a sword/mace/axe in offhand for some bigger offhand white crits however I then realized poison application would be much less practical because of the slower speeds... Unless I'm wrong and it doesn't work that way.

  5. #25
    The offhand will still be a dagger. Hemo spam is surely less effective in terms of damage (BS hits for a lot) but Hemo costs a lot less energy and doesn't have positional requirement.

    Not optimal? Probably. But surely viable.

  6. #26
    The Patient Mutix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bedford, England
    Posts
    250
    This is a very good guide. Perhaps some guide videos from high end arena ( with commentary ) would make it even better ?

  7. #27
    This is a very good beginner's guide for PvP in Sub spec. But one thing i would change is the opener. You're not going to get much damage burst by following that sequence. I found that using Premediation> SnD>Ambush>Garrote>CS>Evi is a heavy burst. And since you are ending with CS,u have a whole 4 seconds to do more damage by adding Hemo and rupture or backstab. To make it even more damage,at the end of the opener,throw in MfD and Evi. With decent gear you should bring down the Player below 50% with this opener alone. Good luck!

  8. #28

    Rogue opener PvP?

    Hey guys, i'm playing arenas as sub spec, and im wondering what the optimal opener is on both melee and cloth?

    I'm going marked for death on melees, and throw on clothies.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetly View Post
    Hey guys, i'm playing arenas as sub spec, and im wondering what the optimal opener is on both melee and cloth?

    I'm going marked for death on melees, and throw on clothies.
    In many cases I find my self opening with Garrote>cheap shot>ambush> eviscerate. Its fast, you get your Sanguinary Vein damage amp and it has decent burst. I rarely open on anyone anymore without dropping a Garrote first, simply because the damage bonus you get from a bleed (excluding hemo, it still good, it just doesn't give SV) is very important.

    If I already have rupture up on the target I generally just CS>Ambush>Ambush. The finisher I use from there is entirely based on many factors, is the target nearly dead (evic)? Am I nearly dead (recoup, fient, CR, evasion, ect) ? How long does SnD have left (less than 10 seconds snd)? Do I need to stun? Do I need to refresh Sanguinary vein for a future shadow dance (You thinking why you not just garrote?, well rupture last longer so I can pool energy before I dance)?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    In many cases I find my self opening with Garrote>cheap shot>ambush> eviscerate. Its fast, you get your Sanguinary Vein damage amp and it has decent burst. I rarely open on anyone anymore without dropping a Garrote first, simply because the damage bonus you get from a bleed (excluding hemo, it still good, it just doesn't give SV) is very important.

    If I already have rupture up on the target I generally just CS>Ambush>Ambush. The finisher I use from there is entirely based on many factors, is the target nearly dead (evic)? Am I nearly dead (recoup, fient, CR, evasion, ect) ? How long does SnD have left (less than 10 useseconds snd)? Do I need to stun? Do I need to refresh Sanguinary vein for a future shadow dance (You thinking why you not just garrote?, well rupture last longer so I can pool energy before I dance)?
    Thanks man, really appriciate it!

  11. #31
    i must say it's very nice guide, helped me a lot,
    could you add some information about helpful addons, reforging or even keybinding?

  12. #32
    The Patient Mutix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bedford, England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Juhcc View Post
    i must say it's very nice guide, helped me a lot,
    could you add some information about helpful addons, reforging or even keybinding?
    I don't want to 'advertise' other people but SusejFTW just posted a useful addon guide for Rogues in PvP. It runs through some basic stuff that a beginner would find really useful.

  13. #33
    Guys i have a video here i'd like to promote for those of you interesting in learning how to deal maximum damage as a rogue
    The link can be found here -

    - link removed -

    Infracted: advertising
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-16 at 07:39 AM.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraseth View Post
    Guys i have a video here i'd like to promote for those of you interesting in learning how to deal maximum damage as a rogue
    The link can be found here -
    - link removed -
    For those that maybe wondering I think he is running stance macros in order to defeat any subterfuge/shadow dance glitches. If you don't have macros like his than I would not recommend dropping his burst pattern until subterfuge ends. Also kind of burst pattern seems to rely on ambushes more than eviscerate, if that interests you should think about reforging crit over mastery.

    Most everything else that he talks about is good. Coordinate with team, call out what you are doing before you actually do it whenever possible. This may seem hard at first or even annoying, and you may call out random crap that you don't need to. That being said however you will eventually evolve into calling out key abilities. If you take nothing else form this video then realize how powerful sanguinary vein is, and how vital it is for you to take advantage of it for burst phases.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 06:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    I don't want to 'advertise' other people but SusejFTW just posted a useful addon guide for Rogues in PvP. It runs through some basic stuff that a beginner would find really useful.
    Nonsense. The purpose of this threads like these are to assist others in playing their class. I find myself wondering why you didn't post a link if you thought it was worthy to post about.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-16 at 07:39 AM.

  15. #35
    The Patient Mutix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bedford, England
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Nonsense. The purpose of this threads like these are to assist others in playing their class. I find myself wondering why you didn't post a link if you thought it was worthy to post about.
    Because I have seen posts deleted in the past by mods because of self-advertising.

  16. #36
    Hey guys,

    a question related to glyph of Stealth, it says "Reduce the CD of stealth by 4 sec".
    - The normal CD being 6 sec, we should be able to re-stealth 2 sec assuming we haven't been in combat, right?
    - After being in combat and without the glyph we can normally re-stealth 5.5 sec, right? So with the glyph that should be1.5 sec after? or the glyph isn't affecting the re-stealth time after being in combat?

    I'm having doubts because I read that on AJ:

    Glyph of Stealth
    As you drop out of combat after 5.5 seconds the effective value is a reduction of 0.5 seconds in arenas.
    (that would be 5 sec after the end of combat)
    Last edited by Gnu; 2013-04-12 at 11:56 AM.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

  17. #37
    Hey, as described here I'm looking at joining some friends for some arena, am leaning towards rogue - does human racial still trump all? or is it pretty close between human and nelf? could i stealth after a shadowmeld for extra vanish etc?

    This guide doesnt go into races, and the linked AJ guide just lists what they do, not how close they perform etc.

    Alliance: Human > Nelf > Gnome > Worgen > Dorf
    Horde: Undead > Orc > Troll > Belf

    that about right?

    Weapons wise will I want daggers allways? if available fast or slow? (my highest rogue is level 25, so don't know much about them yet)

    I've not played much rogue or night elf before, so bare with me - but if shadowmeld can be used to drop combat, can you then stealth? thus having shadowmeld work as a second vanish? If so surely thats quite huge for rogues in pvp? would it rival the human racial?

    Merged - Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-19 at 04:48 PM.

  18. #38
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I've not played much rogue or night elf before, so bare with me - but if shadowmeld can be used to drop combat, can you then stealth? thus having shadowmeld work as a second vanish? If so surely thats quite huge for rogues in pvp? would it rival the human racial?
    Last time I tried, yes.

    Atleast, this works on my druid with Prowl, which is basicly the same.

  19. #39
    dirty! so for a pvp rogue would nelves be the better race choice?

  20. #40
    I haven't been night elf since cata, but last time I checked you could even use openers in shadowmeld. With Cloak and Dagger now, that could open up some nice utility.

    I'd say they're at least on par with humans. Humans are more offensive, night elves are more defensive (miss chance) and tactical (openers/cloak and dagger/shadowmelding spells).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •