Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Return of the Burning Legion

So Burning Legion is most likely to be new expansion. There are no dragon aspects, no demigods - how will it be stopped?

this guy will have his revenge

25 players in lfr.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    So Burning Legion is most likely to be new expansion. There are no dragon aspects, no demigods - how will it be stopped?
    We will find new, and even more powerful allies along the way to the final battle. The same way each expansion goes. There are also still, the old gods who might assist us, or make us think they are assisting us.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    The narru and their army of light? we practically handed them an entire planet and got rid of every living enemy on said planet yet they can't spare even one narru to help us with the lichking or deathwing -.-' It's about time they did something productive...

what i don't understand is why the burning legion is so fascinated with azeroth..their are millions of other planets out there probably containing more magic than ours eg netherstorm yet they want to conquer ours so badly they set in motion 10k year plans 0o
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-04-06 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Not sure about that. Burning Legion will be an addon. I would prefer Blizzard to complete the stuff on Azeroth, meaning: Azshara as big villain, the South Seas as the place where the stuff happens. Since Azshara has a connection to an old god and the burning legion, it would be perfect to build up to a legion expansion. And we would have enough story and information about that, with the addon about the south seas.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The narru and their army of light? we practically handed them an entire planet and got rid of every living enemy on said planet yet they can't spare even one narru to help us with the lichking or deathwing -.-' It's about time they did something productive...

what i don't understand is why the burning legion is so fascinated with azeroth..their are millions of other planets out there probably containing more magic than ours eg netherstorm yet they want to conquer ours so badly they set in motion 10k year plans 0o
    Vale of the Eternal Blossoms. Well of Eternity. Karazhan. Dark Portal. etc. But mostly Well of Eternity.

There was a video I watched where someone was talking about the blue posters and one had mentioned they don't like they idea of going into space again because "it took the gothic feeling" away from Warcraft, the devs liked Burning Crusade but it took them away from their original artwork. Though all signs are pointing to the Burning Legions return(no brainer) and a possible trip to Argus(refer to Velen's vision involving Varians son). I still believe Garrosh might have small involvement with it before his death considering the re-introduction of Dread Shamans and more involvement with Warlocks in the Horde.

This could be an extreme crack pot theory but I believe Illidan will return. He was mostly Demon before we killed him and Demons never truly die. If we do go in the direction of the Burning Legions return we will most definately see more involvement with the Dread Lords and even Kil'Jeadan. Sargeras is still M.I.A although the mysterious dark voice in the Undercity event was suspicious. We might see the Lich King return with a hatred for the Burning Legion because...c'mon he's still Ner'Zhul either way and he did betray them(but this is far too sketchy).

There is still a lot of stuff on Azeroth we are missing though, like the other side of the world where it is claimed when ships travel there they go missing. Not to mention Azshara was never introduced with The Maw, the other Aspect portals haven't unlocked yet(not sure if they will since Deathwings fall and the Aspects giving up their power). Were definitely not seeing Zandalar because it was consumed by the Cataclysm, still haven't see Kul'Tiras(not sure if they are even relevant anymore).

I know many people are going to speculate another Class for the game but if the Burning Legion indeed returning, be sure to look forward to Demon Hunters. Demon Hunter If you read their Wiki, they are quite original and I call bullshit on Blizzard when they stated "Warlocks and Death Knights already cover this aspect" No they don't, it just like before MoP came out when the name for the expansion was locked in and people questioned them if it was the expansion "No, we won't license anything with a name like this unless it's a book"
    Last edited by IronArms; 2013-04-06 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Prophet Velen and the Naaru! Maiev might also help out, and I've heard rumors (even some hints dropped by Blizzard) that Illidan might come back. I guess that unless you have a quest to bring back someone's head, don't count on them being 100% dead!

There's also Khadgar in Shattrath right now that might help out. He's a really powerful lore figure that I don't think got enough attention in TBC so maybe he'll get more spotlight in the future. We also need to find Alleria and Turalyon. A WoW loading screen tip added in MoP says:" No one has seen Alleria and Turalyon for years" and Blizzard has said in interviews they hadn't forgotten them.

Then there's also Medivh, who plays a HUGE role in the Burning Legion lore. He's dead, but WoW considers him an "eternal" which gives him demigod-like immortality status. They can be killed though, but occasinally their spirit will live on. They've never been really clear on the "eternal beings" rules though, so not sure if he's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    25 players in lfr.
    QFT.

Seriously though, the world will have to come together like never before, or they'll have no chance. Heroes like faction leaders will have to be on the front lines, the new Lich King will have to make a decision on whether or not to save the world, who knows?

I personally hope BL isn't the next expac. There are too many loose ends, Burning Legion should be the last expansion for WoW.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

Deleted
    What are you talking about? Cenarius and all the Ancients are back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
    QFT.

Seriously though, the world will have to come together like never before, or they'll have no chance. Heroes like faction leaders will have to be on the front lines, the new Lich King will have to make a decision on whether or not to save the world, who knows?

I personally hope BL isn't the next expac. There are too many loose ends, Burning Legion should be the last expansion for WoW.
    ^ Agreed, but I do think BL will be a heavy role.

My idea for this next expansion is that we'll have an Outland revamp for the 60-70 leveling experience, and maybe some new stuff for higher levels. I think the rest of the expansion content and its zones will focus on the Emerald Dream, Broken Isles, Kul'Tiras, and Nazjatar (Naga capital where Azshara lives). All of that has heavy Burning Legion significance, but delays the trip to Argus for another expansion or two.

The legion will be defeated by the power of friendship... i'm serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The legion will be defeated by the power of friendship... i'm serious.
    We're not in some anime! :X

It's pretty easy to imagine a scenario where the titans themselves are on the verge of losing the war to the legion and virtually every corner of the universe has been tainted but azeroth is still a (relatively) shiny jewel.

So the titans come to azeroth in advance of the legion so that our combined forces might stop them.

Would be pretty cool if the ending in game cinematic of this expansion was garrosh and varian going at it and then green meteors rain down from the sky. Like the wc3 intro.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-04-06 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Would be pretty cool if the ending in game cinematic of this expansion was garrosh and varian going at it and then green meteors rain down from the sky. Like the wc3 intro.
    ... and then instead of an expansion they announce WC4! Yeah, that's never going to happen but I can dream.
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

I know Wrathion keeps hinting at the Burning Legion, but I personally hope that's not what's coming.

I just can't take them seriously anymore. They've tried to conquer Azeroth so many times, and they've failed each time. We beat them in Outland. They feel more like an annoying pest that we have to keep swatting away than a serious threat.

Deleted
    Sha of Happiness will save us from burning legion

Deleted
    The full might of alliance and horde allied?
    Complete with the epicness of turalyon and alleria returning from wherever they've been?

The only good reason to bring med'an to next expansion is to forcefully kill him.
    Seriously, wtf? Who tought a Human-dreanei-orc Paladin-Mage-Shaman is a cool F-ing idea!?!?