Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    So Burning Legion is most likely to be new expansion. There are no dragon aspects, no demigods - how will it be stopped?
    THESE GUYS =)

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    I know Wrathion keeps hinting at the Burning Legion, but I personally hope that's not what's coming.

I just can't take them seriously anymore. They've tried to conquer Azeroth so many times, and they've failed each time. We beat them in Outland. They feel more like an annoying pest that we have to keep swatting away than a serious threat.
    Mostly because the Legion haven't manifested fully into Azeroth world since the War of the Ancients. If they ever do, and they will at some point, they will make the Scourge War and the Hour of Twilight look like a vague headache.

Also, the legion crave arcane power, and for all we know Azeroth could be the most saturated planet out there. They will never take their eyes off us as long as things like the Well of Eternity and Vale of Eternal Blossoms exist.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    25 players in lfr.
    Made me nearly cry from laughter

I have a crazy theory on the subject.

Perhaps after we kill Garrosh we'll discover that he was on the hunt for an artifact that would of made the Heart of Y'Shaarj look like one of those cheap magic tricks you buy at the dollar store. This artifact is in fact the reason why Azeroth is so important in Warcraft's cosmology, something on the level of an echo of the spell that created the universe.

While some initially want such power to stay buried, a Burning Legion Invasion forces the issue and we end up digging it up. We then unleash the artifacts power on the invading demons, obliterating their invasion and allow us to seize control of their portals. We then use the artifact once again on Argus, draining it's power but regrowing large swaths of the world and ripping the Legion's otherwise impenetrable defenses to pieces.

So while the artifact is inactive for the time being (no one really understands how it works), it has given us a once-in-a-million-years chance to wipe out the Burning Legion's leadership on Argus, someone everyone intends to take advantage of.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion will find a way
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    So Burning Legion is most likely to be new expansion. There are no dragon aspects, no demigods - how will it be stopped?
    25 players in lfr.
    my forum signature from now.

Deleted
    25 players in lfr.
    that made me actually giggle!

Quote Originally Posted by Documentor View Post
    ... and then instead of an expansion they announce WC4! Yeah, that's never going to happen but I can dream.
    Your not the only dreamer, bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that made me actually giggle!

Your not the only dreamer, bro!
    Having both is nice too..

WoW is an amazing MMORPG best there is for me, WC4 was Awesome too, my best childhood game :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstrider View Post
    This could be an extreme crack pot theory but I believe Illidan will return. He was mostly Demon before we killed him and Demons never truly die.
    This is such a misconception only Nathrezim(Dreadlords) return to the Twisting Nether when their physical bodies die. When other demons die they stay dead pretty much. There is a quest chain in Blasted lands where a Demon hunter gets resurrected after you collect all the pieces of his body, I suppose Illidan could come back in that sort of fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    We might actually see Demon Hunters appear. Certainly in force as NPCs, if not a playable class.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    we kicked their asses like 2-3 times already
    Should we even be worried?

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Mostly because the Legion haven't manifested fully into Azeroth world since the War of the Ancients..
    Id say the Legion manifested itself pretty fully in Warcraft 3
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    we kicked their asses like 2-3 times already
    Should we even be worried?

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:29 PM ----------

Id say the Legion manifested itself pretty fully in Warcraft 3
    I'd disagree. The closest thing we got to their full manifestation was the sundering which blew the planet in half. Their attempt in WC3 was them piggybacking on the success of the undead, hardly a full invasion of the demons per se. Since then they've been roaming the nether, and if wrathion is to be believed, the entire rest of the universe has gone to hell in a handbasket, so I imagine that their army could be significantly more numerous than ever before with that many more races under their influence.

There's a whole lot of potential with them. If they are at a war with the titans then even the titans and their creations could be under the legions sway. Imagine if they got a hold of the machines the titans use to create races. Given all the failures they've had against the races of azeroth, imagine if they made demonic versions of all of us and created an "army of darkness" to fight our "army of light".

I would like to see Wrathion trying to broker a deal with the burning legion, then tries to betray alliance/horde so we get to kill his black dragon ass.

what would be really awesome is if they keep the "building up" system where events happen every patch, culminating in an ultimate fight.

So for example:

X.0 - Expansion launches - the Legion's invasion starts
    X.1 - War Effort to survive the first wave of invasion as we are still recovering from the Horde/Garrosh conflict and that war, no major content except for tons of story, introduction of our future allies
    X.2 - Gathering forces to convince our "potential" allies to help us, cause you know...no one helps for free or without being forced/freed/etc., 2nd huge wave of the invasion with Legon bases being established and raiding them
    X.3 - Final gathering of Forces/Councils/Powerups/Prep champions(Thrall, Jaina, Varian, Voljin, Sylvanas, etc), some subplot, no major content except for the possible location of the last fight
    X.4 - Final fight of the expansion, for example if the legion comes from a portal we can have the Raid start around the portal, think Hyjal, kill 1-2 lieutenants then go through the portal and chase the demons back, maybe have final boss at a citadel like in Frozen Throne.

food for thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Um ancients are considered demi-gods and there are plenty of those including Cenarius alive. You could probably consider Naaru to be demi-gods too.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The legion keeps hitting Azeroth as a more revenge thing. Survived war of the ancients and sent their leader into limbo, On their next invasion we destroyed a huge amount of their top leaders , Tichondrius the leader of the Dread lords, Mannoroth leader of the Pit lords, Archimonde, The General and 3rd in command of the Entire legion. Then we killed their replacements just as quickly Anetheron Dead, Azgalor dead? Think hes alive in lore tho.

To top it off Ner'zhuls betrayal was and in turn Illidans failure to kill Ner'zhul was a monumental failure that pissed Kil'jaeden off to no end. I have my suspicions on the attempted 3rd/4th invasion when Kil'jaeden was being summoned part of the reason for coming to Azeroth was to go kill the Lich King himself and recapture ner'zhuls spirit for him to torture for eternity himself.

I'm pretty sure Kil'jaeden was pissed off in all ways when he was pushed back through the sunwell. A demon army that has consumed thousands of worlds but ONE planet not only repels them 4 times but also kills all their main leaders and humiliates and personally push the leader of these armies away. How can they not want to invade again and destroy this planet?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-04-07 at 02:04 AM.

25 players in lfr.
    Lol. I had to laugh at that even though I'm a LFR guy myself.

25 players in lfr.
    they shall be rewarded with.........28g
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

In the past the legion have come seeking the power that resides on Azeroth, but after being defeated so many times I'd imagine that this time they will hold nothing back. No shadowy schemes, no attempts at corruption or manipulation. They don't care about the power anymore, all they want is brutal revenge. This will be nothing less than a catastrophic all-out invasion with the full might of the legion, total annihilation being their only goal.

Remember that Dwarf who punched that dragon, who was causing all that Cataclysm commotion, in the face? He's goin' t' go and punch a Legion in their collective faces.

Well, seeing as we never actually killed Kil'Jaeden.. only his image and we still have Sargeras... I have a feeling that we'll be dealing with some Titans in order to overcome the Burning Legion and have him as a final boss.

/prays for 40man raid.