OGN LCS Questions.

Very tempted to pay a subscription to get access to the Korean LoL scene but need to know if they actually have an english commentary option? Poked round the website yesterday and everything was in Korean...couldn't even see an english language option for the site which is making me feel rather cautious pulling the trigger on this.

So ye, anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

Subscribing through there gives you access to the English VODs and HD English stream.
    There I was about to give up hope after 170 views but not a single reply lol. Thank you Esoterickk.

Holy shit watching the first VoD now and what the hell are the casters wearing! My local pimp dresses less ostentatiously than these guys.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2013-04-07 at 11:40 AM.

Really considered subbing for Korean content, the matches just seem to be a lot more entertaining and fast paced. And DA PLAYZ. Let me know if it was worth it Kronik, I might follow suit. :P

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Its worth it, i dunno why this doesnt get more exposure, even the worst korean teams look amazing compared to Na and even EU lcs games. Maybe i'm just biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty hard not to look amazing next to NA LCS, tbh. It's mostly a matter of who throws hardest there.

Deleted
    Moh, Dignitas has some pretty entertaining games. I do think the general "skill level" has dropped a bit now that teams fight the same opponents so much. It'd be good to roll in a few Asian teams to re-ignite the spark. If it keeps going like this with no outside exposure then Asia will steamroll EU/NA at the finals. And I do prefer EU

Not quite got through all the content but I'm actually a little bit disappointed. The standard of play is what you would expect but the champion select has been just as stale so far. Definitely worth the money but I personally was hoping to see some new champs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The korean meta is a bit different than the NA and EU one, but not that much. There are some champions that are more popular, but the really stable picks tend to be picked on all the servers.

Also, I would say that in general the korean teams are better, but a lot of it is just hype. Sure they might be better, but how much better? A game of league can only be so exciting. It is fun to watch the koreans play, but to me it's more exciting when two evenly matched teams play, which happens in both the EU and NA LCS (I'm sure it happens in korea too, I just don't know the pro scene there at all). So while it's new players and potentially new plays and what not, it's still the same game.

Worth mentioning that I'm having to pause the stream and wait a while to watch videos without skipping. I don't think Korean meta is leagues ahead of the western scene but more less every player looks dangerous. Skill shots seem to just land and positioning mistakes are punished with impunity.

New question though! Are Korean girls cripplingly shy or do they have some cultural belief that camera's steal your soul?......or are they like muslim or something?

if you have access to the vods, you should watch the ogn winter finals, Azubu frost vs Najin Sword. Most of the ogn winter semi finals were good too

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    the champion select has been just as stale so far.
    Watch the SKT T1 #2 vs CJ ENTUS Blaze games.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    The korean meta is a bit different than the NA and EU one, but not that much. There are some champions that are more popular, but the really stable picks tend to be picked on all the servers.

Also, I would say that in general the korean teams are better, but a lot of it is just hype. Sure they might be better, but how much better? A game of league can only be so exciting. It is fun to watch the koreans play, but to me it's more exciting when two evenly matched teams play, which happens in both the EU and NA LCS (I'm sure it happens in korea too, I just don't know the pro scene there at all). So while it's new players and potentially new plays and what not, it's still the same game.
    The asian teams stomped NA and EU in the Season 2 champs, and they've only gotten better. I understand that the NA and EU teams have gotten better but I have a feeling that come World Championship time for Season 3, the asian teams are going to stomp again.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    The asian teams stomped NA and EU in the Season 2 champs, and they've only gotten better. I understand that the NA and EU teams have gotten better but I have a feeling that come World Championship time for Season 3, the asian teams are going to stomp again.
    I think this will be true for everyone except for Gambit/Fnatic. Both have done quite well against the Korean teams and have become a lot stronger too, more so Gambit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Worth mentioning that I'm having to pause the stream and wait a while to watch videos without skipping. I don't think Korean meta is leagues ahead of the western scene but more less every player looks dangerous. Skill shots seem to just land and positioning mistakes are punished with impunity.

New question though! Are Korean girls cripplingly shy or do they have some cultural belief that camera's steal your soul?......or are they like muslim or something?
    It's a culture thing. I don't know the exact reasoning behind it but I think it's just one of those things in Korean culture that you woulden't really understand unless you were a Korean.

As for the games, OGN is amazing. Every single team is good and a threat to take games off other teams. The upsets are still upsets but it isn't like seeing Curse lose to Complexity. Most of them follow the same strict practice schedule and that's the reason why they're so good. No one streams for viewers and money, they could care less. They're more interested in winning period and will do whatever it takes to make sure they have the best chance to win. It was said last week that 140 teams try to qualify for OGN every season and it gets shortened to 12. Another thing I find entertaining is they don't just pick good champions, they pick good comps. And since they practice all day, their coordination is amazing. See Najin Shield vs IM game 1. Shield ran a super AoE heavy comp with Lux bind being their key point. If she landed a Q, the entire team would blow their ults perfectly. You can see it in the NA game that they don't exactly copy the Koreans, but they are heavily influenced. An example would be the recent return of Karthas to the pro scene. KR and World Elite have been running a Karthas/Kogmaw/Sona core comp for about a month because it's amazing. One of those champions is almost always banned now. That's the thing I truly appreciate about OGN and the Asian scene in general, they're extremely innovative and adapt to new comps by bringing in a new comp right away.

One thing I would like to see, is an NA team trying to play in OGN. I know CLG went over before but the scene is just so deep right now. You can't worry about facing the CJ Entus squads, there is also KT Rolster B, SKT1 1, MvP Ozone and Blue who are all powerhouses right now. Would be interesting to see if a team like Curse could hang but most importantly improve from it. SKT1 2 team is basically a bunch of solo queue heroes who made a team, and they 2-0'd CJ Entus Blaze and went 1-1 with Najin Sword (OGN Winter Champions). I don't understand why NA doesn't do this, throw a team of challenger/higher LP Diamond 1 players and try to actually play.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-13 at 09:12 PM.