Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is what we need, there is to many pve focused and to few pvp focused mmo's. There is a huge playerbase in for example wow that only do pvp, so i think this will attract alot off pvp'ers that want a game with balanced and a pvp focused game.

No more will they nerf abilitys in pvp because off balance in pve.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-04-07 at 02:59 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm sure this'll be a fun game, but I just wanna point out something.

I hate being a cynical bastard, but I found the "Tuatha De Dannan" video really funny. "At this studio we're told to 'think out of the box'. We're very proud of our creativity, just remember that thing we did for that Oz thing! Have a look at our insane crazy race, Tuatha De Dannan, where the name is so crazy I can't even pronounce it!"

Then they proceed to show a video of a man with horns on his head. The name is the most creative aspect about him.
    It's my understanding that horns are an important symbol in Celtic mythology. They represent Cernunnos, god of nature. So the TDD with horns make perfect sense to me as one of their races for the hippie (Hibernian) realm.

Hey guys, please try to get the word out about this project. Everyone donating/funding so far has been very generous in terms of average dollars. But more importantly we need to MORE PEOPLE on board.

I really hope to see this game succeed... there is an over-saturation of WoW clones/wannabes and PvE-oriented games.

I want old school, hardcore, non-instanced tri-realm combat back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deleted/10chars.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 02:59 PM ----------

I'm sure this'll be a fun game, but I just wanna point out something.

I hate being a cynical bastard, but I found the "Tuatha De Dannan" video really funny. "At this studio we're told to 'think out of the box'. We're very proud of our creativity, just remember that thing we did for that Oz thing! Have a look at our insane crazy race, Tuatha De Dannan, where the name is so crazy I can't even pronounce it!"

Then they proceed to show a video of a man with horns on his head. The name is the most creative aspect about him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuatha_D%C3%A9_Danann Not even the name is creattive lol. "Too-awtha-day dawnawn"
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-04-08 at 03:00 PM.

Love the horns on the TDD. They look like crowns and make the race seem very majestic.

Can't wait til this kickstarter gets funded. Once we hit 1 mil, MJ will tell us about stretch goals. So if you support the game, tell all your friends/guildmates/realmmates and let's get this done!

Deleted
    Not even the name is creattive lol.
    Might be because they're actually supposed to be the TDD from Irish mythology?

Quote Originally Posted by Vervacious View Post
    Love the horns on the TDD. They look like crowns and make the race seem very majestic.

Can't wait til this kickstarter gets funded. Once we hit 1 mil, MJ will tell us about stretch goals. So if you support the game, tell all your friends/guildmates/realmmates and let's get this done!
    Yeah, I like the TDD. I expect they'll also have some more exotic races. But as the hibbie's version of humans, I think they're great.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

Looks like the KS should hit 1 million today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm well aware. Vizzle said "The name is the most creative aspect about them." So I respond with "Not even the name is creative".

Vikings Vikings Vikings

That's why I want this game to fund. I want to play more Vikings.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Competition is the greatest motivation for progress and improvement of all involved.
    I feel the same way. Even if I don't end up liking the game, as long as they introduce new MMO gameplay, this will influence all future MMOs for the better! We gotta broaden the gene pool here, because right now, things look real inbred.

We can be 100% sure that this project will achieve it's kickstarter goal of 2mil raised. Yesterday it passed 1 mil with 22 days left, so it is inevitable.
    After that there will be about 2 years of waiting time to see an proper beta/launch So 2 damn years of waiting...that's too long. I will probably stay with LoL some single-playergames and Blizzard products until Camelot Unchained is released. Ehhhhhh 2 years...I will be 26-27 yo by then, that's horribly old I don't wanna reach 30's, never

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    We can be 100% sure that this project will achieve it's kickstarter goal of 2mil raised. Yesterday it passed 1 mil with 22 days left, so it is inevitable.
    After that there will be about 2 years of waiting time to see an proper beta/launch So 2 damn years of waiting...that's too long. I will probably stay with LoL some single-playergames and Blizzard products until Camelot Unchained is released. Ehhhhhh 2 years...I will be 26-27 yo by then, that's horribly old I don't wanna reach 30's, never
    Yeah, and another day has gone by and they're sitting at 1million 20k. At this rate they won't be anywhere near the goal; if they don't have anything more than that initial push and this trickle they currently have.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yeah, and another day has gone by and they're sitting at 1million 20k. At this rate they won't be anywhere near the goal; if they don't have anything more than that initial push and this trickle they currently have.
    Uh Well, I am not as crazy and as bored as their commenters, there is a small community of "I have nothing else in life to do" that is constantly talking in comments section. Hopefully they are doing smth to promote the game.

But what I fear most...is, that CU's vision may prove to be not that appealing. What I mean:

1. The number of hungry DAoC and WAR players has changed and I think that many of them won't spend their money for smth that has no gameplay video. The future, I mean, the look and mechanics of this game IS uncertain, it is like buying a cat in a bag. Mark Jacobs can say anything he wants, but reality will prove or deny it. "Only actions truly speak".
    2. Ppl interested in PvP actually need a way to hang out and take a break. Lack of PvE may be bad, but hey...they can play other games too to hang out and CU for pure PvP/RvR experience.
    3. Most of the ppl still think that Mark Jacobs stays as one of the reasons that WAR has failed. We know that it's because of EA and EA is behind it, but still...ppl are not that willing to read or listen to interviews or to follow blogposts. They want videos and screens and pure facts, not wall of text.

I'm assuming you don't know much about kickstarter projects. If you look at historical data, there is typically a huge amount of contributions the first couple of days, and then things slow down. The last few days there's another big surge of contributions. The first few and the last few days typically make up the greatest portion of pledges. Most kickstarter campaigns that fund follow this pattern.

There is no reason to believe this project won't fund.

i don't wish them to fail but the attitude i got from the devs on their website stank of arrogance and of we know better than everyone else what makes a good mmo... ive seen that attitude before with other developers and it always leads to one thing. plus they aren't very original to be honest just trying to cash in on an older mmo's sucess

Its not about cashing in on another MMO's success (even though that MMO was created by the same Lead Developer), its about filling a void in the market. There is a demand for an RvR game with combat mechanics similar to what was offered in DAoC. City State Entertainment is simply filling that demand by offering a product that players want.

The whole point of the kickstarter was to determine how much demand is out there, and if its enough. I don't think they are arrogant, they just know the product they want to build, and they know what type of player is going to like that product. I love that they aren't trying to build an MMO that attempts to make all players happy. I've seen too many publishers try and fail. This one is doing something different.

when you have something like "founding principles" and you will not budge or have any flexibility regarding them sounds an awful lot like arrogance to me. vanguard was the exact same way when they were in development they thought their shit didn't smell and they could do no wrong and look what that brought them.

The bottom line is that the dev should never close any doors cause of "principles" it will only hurt them. and the lead designer mark jacobs had nothing to do or very little to do with daoc success but he had EVERYTHING to do with warhammer's failure tho. he had the same mentality as he presents now and it lead to nothing but ignoring feedback and making things his own way

as i said before i really do not wish them to fail but i do not think mark jacobs has any business in the mmo world after what he did to warhammer ( for reference's sake mark jacobs was in charge of the crafting and some of the pve in warhammer and that is where the game failed absymally he had nothing to do at all with the rvr system which was imo good.
    Last edited by Bigitybones; 2013-04-10 at 05:54 PM.

If you are looking for more info:

Unofficial Camelot Unchained FAQ tinyurl.com/cufaq4u

Quote Originally Posted by Bigitybones View Post
    when you have something like "founding principles" and you will not budge or have any flexibility regarding them sounds an awful lot like arrogance to me. vanguard was the exact same way when they were in development they thought their shit didn't smell and they could do no wrong and look what that brought them.

The bottom line is that the dev should never close any doors cause of "principles" it will only hurt them. and the lead designer mark jacobs had nothing to do or very little to do with daoc success but he had EVERYTHING to do with warhammer's failure tho. he had the same mentality as he presents now and it lead to nothing but ignoring feedback and making things his own way

as i said before i really do not wish them to fail but i do not think mark jacobs has any business in the mmo world after what he did to warhammer ( for reference's sake mark jacobs was in charge of the crafting and some of the pve in warhammer and that is where the game failed absymally he had nothing to do at all with the rvr system which was imo good.
    I have to respectfully disagree. MJ's FPs are the very thing that attract me to this game. He is defining an rvr focused game for a niche group. It simply won't be for everyone. The FPs sort of sum it up, but to be fair, MJ is very involved with the community and has made it very clear that his backers will have a voice in how the FPs are integrated into the game.