Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Cjeska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bavaria / Germany
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    These L2P and other ridiculous responses are the reason I never post on the forums. It is not a L2 play issue.
    If it weren't, Monks would be so OP right now, we would have seen several hotfixes already. The only logical (or should I say, most logical) conclusion, since you didn't provide any screenshots, armory links etc., is to assume that you are simply less skilled then you think you are and you just met someone who knows what he is doing.

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    These L2P and other ridiculous responses are the reason I never post on the forums. It is not a L2 play issue. I could probably torture each and every one of you guys telling me to L2P forever in a 1 v 1 situation. This guy dropped me in 15 seconds.

    I take it from the responses what happened is not possible for a WW monk. I presumed he had a hack or some other glitch that allowed him to do so much damage and healing but wanted to check with others before reporting him for cheating as monk is the one class I have never played at max level.

    Thanks for the actual responses.
    I doubt someone actually cheating wouldn't make it so obvious. Also... 1v1 me guise. You're a healer. You're never supposed to get killed 1v1. A monk should never have ever been able to set up a kill by himself, as he has a 4-6 second CC and that is it.

    And you can't really hack damage values, as that is all server side. Not really sure what else to tell you.

  3. #23
    I don't know what you guys are even debating. It seems pretty obvious his partner sucks at dealing damage. he put out 1/3rd what the monk did, that's shit. No wonder he could heal through it.

  4. #24
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,622
    From my guess the boomkin was bad at kiting so the monk was able to just lock him down making him do no damage. You ran out of mana and he died. You got outplayed.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,968
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I don't believe you, OP, to be completely honest. Monks can do exactly NOTHING to heal through 6 million damage, especially not while putting out any pressure at all.
    The only sustained heal ww monks have is their healing sphere, which costs 40 energy, which only heals for like 20-25k per orb + the monk loses a lot of pressure.

    Either your boomkin ONLY dotted the ww monk up without doing anything at all besides that or you let him kite you for a very long time while he was healing himself up constantly.

  6. #26
    It probably went something like this: he's a dps class, and his partner died. You celebrated early, thinking he can't win since he's not a healer,and didn't take the match seriously until you realized your partner might still die. You blew cds, and suddenly were tilting because you didn't want to be embarrassed, so instead of playing with care and precision, you were attempting to faceroll this guy down.

    Apparently, from reading this thread, monks have some sort of damage reflect, which people like you and me don't know jack about, plus whatever other weird stuff they do. I still barely have DKs understood to where I can counter their CDs with my own (skipping 80% of cata didn't help, and neither has leveling my dk only to 58 helped).

    You probably need to learn about monks and remember to act like srs bsns but keep a cool head in 2v1 situations. It's natural to take the match less seriously when you have a people alive advantage, but sometimes it ends up embarrassing you badly. This has happened to me a few times in 3's, as well as a couple times my partners or I were able to muscle our way to victory after our team suffered the first death.

    It does seem strange that the match would go so long like this, but monks: what can monks do about roots and cyclone and Typhoon? It's hard to believe you could only buy 5-6 seconds to drink. Maybe your partner wasn't wearing the right gear and hasn't admitted it. Too many possibilities, plus the unpleasant one that you aren't as good as you think you are or he's a lot better than you think. For all we know it's someone power leveling an account, which makes past achievements meaningless.

  7. #27
    The monk came in alone. There was nothing to double dot.

    I told you all what happened. Sorry I do not stream 1500 rated matches ffs.

    Guy was better than both of us obviously, if he was not using a hack or a glitch.

    Close the thread sorry I asked.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    The monk came in alone. There was nothing to double dot.

    I told you all what happened. Sorry I do not stream 1500 rated matches ffs.

    Guy was better than both of us obviously, if he was not using a hack or a glitch.

    Close the thread sorry I asked.
    Not trying to make fun of you here but this is basically in a general opinion to people think that you can hack in WoW. You can't HACK in wow. Everything is done worked through their servers. Your toons and all inventory is stored in their servers. The numbers go back and forth through their servers.

    Sure you have bots and addons that help you do certain things, wouldn't call it hacking, but you don't expect someone to see a Rogue in stealth like you would in a FPS through wall hacks or along those lines.

    I don't know why you say he was hacking. A glitch I doubt without any other Monks bringing it up.

    However, 1 v 2 isn't an uncommon thing as you think. Even though Ret Paladin's were shit last expansion, I often could go 1 v 2 against a healer and a DPS. Well they wouldn't use any CC on me besides trying to burn me down, but its possible.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but I honestly think your partner the boomkin wasn't really smart at playing their class. Also if you are a resto druid, why didn't you pop Tree of Life, or you CDs? Considering most of the Druids talents are heavily PVP based.

    I think it has a lot to do with skill more than anything.

  9. #29
    Spear Hand strike needs to have the same treatment as Gag Order and i'll be fine with WW monks.
    Magnificence personified

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Spear Hand strike needs to have the same treatment as Gag Order and i'll be fine with WW monks.
    Yeah nurf that 2 second silence that no body uses for the silence because the threat of a kick would be more effective.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Yeah nurf that 2 second silence that no body uses for the silence because the threat of a kick would be more effective.
    It's an off the GCD free short cooldown silence... Gag Order was nerfed for the exact same reason.
    Magnificence personified

  12. #32
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    It's an off the GCD free short cooldown silence... Gag Order was nerfed for the exact same reason.
    No? Gag order was nerfed because it was ranged on a class that is supposed to be weak at range.
    Spear Hand Strike lasts barely more than a global CD, while a successful kick is 5 seconds. Why would you waste it on trying to position yourself correctly for a worse lockout?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 10:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Not trying to make fun of you here but this is basically in a general opinion to people think that you can hack in WoW. You can't HACK in wow. Everything is done worked through their servers. Your toons and all inventory is stored in their servers. The numbers go back and forth through their servers.

    Sure you have bots and addons that help you do certain things, wouldn't call it hacking, but you don't expect someone to see a Rogue in stealth like you would in a FPS through wall hacks or along those lines.

    I don't know why you say he was hacking. A glitch I doubt without any other Monks bringing it up.

    However, 1 v 2 isn't an uncommon thing as you think. Even though Ret Paladin's were shit last expansion, I often could go 1 v 2 against a healer and a DPS. Well they wouldn't use any CC on me besides trying to burn me down, but its possible.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but I honestly think your partner the boomkin wasn't really smart at playing their class. Also if you are a resto druid, why didn't you pop Tree of Life, or you CDs? Considering most of the Druids talents are heavily PVP based.

    I think it has a lot to do with skill more than anything.
    Because, given 15 minutes, his Boomkin buddy couldn't kill a WW monk even though he had a healer. Apparently.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    642
    L2P issue, i can solo on my rdruid monks, just pop hotw and destroy them. If the first one wont work wait 6mins and do it again.

    Also against monks, watchout of the reflect dmg

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    These L2P and other ridiculous responses are the reason I never post on the forums. It is not a L2 play issue. I could probably torture each and every one of you guys telling me to L2P forever in a 1 v 1 situation. This guy dropped me in 15 seconds.

    I take it from the responses what happened is not possible for a WW monk. I presumed he had a hack or some other glitch that allowed him to do so much damage and healing but wanted to check with others before reporting him for cheating as monk is the one class I have never played at max level.

    Thanks for the actual responses.
    you do realise you cant hack through wow....... maybe a glitch or bug but not hack..... good god..

    dying in 15s isnt that much if it were less than 3 seconds then we can talk BUT not 15 sorry......

    about forum..... you ask stupid question, you get stupid answer.....

    all in all IT IS L2P issue here sorry
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

    5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Not trying to make fun of you here but this is basically in a general opinion to people think that you can hack in WoW. You can't HACK in wow. Everything is done worked through their servers. Your toons and all inventory is stored in their servers. The numbers go back and forth through their servers.

    Sure you have bots and addons that help you do certain things, wouldn't call it hacking, but you don't expect someone to see a Rogue in stealth like you would in a FPS through wall hacks or along those lines.

    I don't know why you say he was hacking. A glitch I doubt without any other Monks bringing it up.

    However, 1 v 2 isn't an uncommon thing as you think. Even though Ret Paladin's were shit last expansion, I often could go 1 v 2 against a healer and a DPS. Well they wouldn't use any CC on me besides trying to burn me down, but its possible.

    Don't take this the wrong way, but I honestly think your partner the boomkin wasn't really smart at playing their class. Also if you are a resto druid, why didn't you pop Tree of Life, or you CDs? Considering most of the Druids talents are heavily PVP based.

    I think it has a lot to do with skill more than anything.
    really? so your saying the insta interupt is not a hack? getting to gm island on live servers by altering your files is not a hack?

    then tell me what it is.

  16. #36
    Seeing as you seem to know some stuff about the guy, how about an armory link at least?

  17. #37
    Even though Ring of Peace is quite strong in its current form, and WW self healing is a bit on the high side, I'm having trouble believing he could beat you and your partner in low gear. Unless, of course, you two were doing something wrong.

  18. #38
    My honest gut feeling is neither of you guys knew how monks work and he used that to his advantage. It's not surprising, since they're still a new class. I see monks get away with a lot of stuff in bgs and low mmr arena simply because people don't understand key elements of the class. On a rudimentary level, sure, pvp against any class is the same - burst when you think they're defenseless, CC or pop a defensive when they hit you hard (or you're expecting to be hit hard.) But just one or two simple unknown mechanics can completely turn a game around if the other side has no clue how it works.

    I was in the same boat too, until I decided to level a monk so I could get a better idea of how the class worked.

    For instance, imagine if rogue was the new class. A lot of players wouldn't know jack about them for the first good while, for the simple fact that they never leveled one all the way or took the time to learn all their abilities. Imagine if you were 2v1 with a rogue, not knowing how the rogue class worked at all, then he did something like popped CoS when your boomkin was unloading on him, or did something like vanish/run away/start eating on the other side of the map if you got him low. You'd be floored and have no clue what to do. Why? Because you had no clue he could even do that.

    From your tone and your pvp experience, it's obvious you're ignorant about the monk class. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm not judging you for it. My best advice for you, if it's really bugging you, is to look up the guys talents/glyphs and go out of your way to learn some of the basic monk abilities. I bet you'll be able to piece some things together. It's also a good rhythm to get into when you pvp; if something happens and you have no clue how it worked, try to look up that class's abilities. It'll make you a better pvper by leaps and bounds.

    I'd also suggest leveling a monk. I personally have had a blast with mine!

  19. #39
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,191
    Meh i call this bullshit ;p A boomkin can blow up my geared hunter within minutes of time of his CD ( yes getting 2x 168k crits of a boomie is fun!) But well if you let a boomie free cast you are basicly death meat.

    To the monk , if he survived this he probarly used his talent called : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=122783/diffuse-magic While this is up the boomies burst is crap compared to anything the monk can hit. If he is specced in RoP ( wich i suspect) he would have silenced him aswell through out his burst. So i either think you done something verry wrong or this monk is the god of PvP. Or ofc your boomie partner is retarded and forgot to put on his PVP gear i/we don't know untill you provide us with loggs or screenshots. Untill then i call this bullshit or extremely lucky RNG
    Stuff

  20. #40
    speaking about 2.7K T2 hero of the horde makes me meh...some other boosted guy...with 50 games played over the whole season...
    inb4 you discuss about 2s balance, please consider the fact that blizzard is balancing classes around 3s and 5s and whatever....not 1v1, not 2v2.

    However, you faced some RNG monk which clearly was sepcialized on 2v1 situation, like I am on my rogue, when I boost ppl in 2s with t2 weps and I sometimes get in alone, and wreck any setup I can encounter at ~1400 MMR.

    Get over it :P
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •