Questions about Vote to Kick

So everyone is set on this little timer thing right, so that people cant kick you from a dungeon before they pull anything...??

well theres this healer that sucks. our dk is doing more healing done (overall and per fight). we keep trying to kick him and keep getting "player cant be kicked for ____ minutes" like usual because the dungeon just started.

but if we cant kick him....

HOW THE HECK CAN HE KICK US!

if this is some sort of "the more times you try to kick him the longer we extend his timer" thing---THATS BULL! the reason we want to kick him is because we dont want to run with him. we are sick of him. so extend his time? what ind of logic is that???
    Ruffles have ridges!....and so do Klingons.

You can't kick him because you've tried to vote kick people too much. The more you vote kick the higher your timer. He on the other likely never vote kicks so his timer is lower. The more you do it the higher the timer, the less you do it the lower it is. That's how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You can't kick him because you've tried to vote kick people too much. The more you vote kick the higher your timer. He on the other likely never vote kicks so his timer is lower. The more you do it the higher the timer, the less you do it the lower it is. That's how it works.
    The problem with that is if you try to vote-kick someone and it fails because you're just out of combat it seems to increment your timer when it shouldn't. I understand not kicking someone in combat, but the "you can't kick someone right after combat" is silly. Give me a figure - 10 secs, 30 secs, etc. Failing that, if someone's being an ass then i want to kick them and shouldn't be punished for trying and being told "not yet, too soon after combat."

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The problem with that is if you try to vote-kick someone and it fails because you're just out of combat it seems to increment your timer when it shouldn't. I understand not kicking someone in combat, but the "you can't kick someone right after combat" is silly. Give me a figure - 10 secs, 30 secs, etc. Failing that, if someone's being an ass then i want to kick them and shouldn't be punished for trying and being told "not yet, too soon after combat."
    What happens right after combat?

Looting.

Oh, so now you see why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the kick restrictions can be silly, but everyone knows vote kicking has been widely abused in the past. I do hate that when I feel the need to initiate a kick (so very rare these days) I cannot because we were just in combat and will be back in combat within 10 sec or so, but really MoP dungeons are so incredibly easy and fast that any kick trying to be initiated due to poor performance really is not necessary...grit your teeth..the dungeon will take a whole 2 minutes longer than usual. Kicks due to abusive/annoying behavior not being able to be initiated may be an issue, but most of the time you can just treat it like the dentist. Close your eyes and remember...this too shall pass.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Most tanks nowadays can pretty much run Heroics without a healer. As long as people aren't actually dying repeatedly due to the healer literally doing nothing, there's no reason to bother kicking a healer.

Low HPS? Who cares who does the healing in a Heroic as long as you're still alive? It's like a BrM monk saying DPS sucks because he's annihilating everything through AoE tanking and cemented on the top of Recount.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Thank you for clearing up that the timer is on me not him. If i vote too often it goes on my record. cool i think i got it now thank you

I was mad about his performance yes, but to be honest it was his attitude i disliked. He and I played the same class so i imagine that if i had stayed in the dungeon long enough he would have stolen my gear (RARRARRAGE) based on his rude behavior in chat.

it wasnt even a heroic. i just hit 85 yesterday on this character and my friend is 87. the dungeon was easy, he was just a jerk. and yes, it will pass. i really was just curious why he could kick us and we couldnt kick him. question is now answered :3
    Ruffles have ridges!....and so do Klingons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    What happens right after combat?

Looting.

Oh, so now you see why?
    Sure, but then say "You cannot kick a player until looting is complete". The problem now is that the message is unclear. Also, note that on most combat situations there's little to no real loot. Sure, there's some silve and greys on trash, but let's get serious... a group can't kick someone being a dick because that dick would be deprived of 47s13c and some tusks? On a boss... very different.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Yes the kick restrictions can be silly, but everyone knows vote kicking has been widely abused in the past. I do hate that when I feel the need to initiate a kick (so very rare these days) I cannot because we were just in combat and will be back in combat within 10 sec or so, but really MoP dungeons are so incredibly easy and fast that any kick trying to be initiated due to poor performance really is not necessary...grit your teeth..the dungeon will take a whole 2 minutes longer than usual. Kicks due to abusive/annoying behavior not being able to be initiated may be an issue, but most of the time you can just treat it like the dentist. Close your eyes and remember...this too shall pass.
    Then eliminate votekicking. The issue is that groups either need to be able to votekick someone or the capability shouldn't be there.