Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Yes, and your point is?
    And as Simca stated, this was fairly more recent.
    The difference being that in the US, genocide was commited against the natives, millions were killed.

That, did not happen in the funding of presentday Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic and refrain from engaging in nation bashing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    This. "So, we used to live there a freaking long time ago and we want "our" land back after thousands of years of diaspora. So gtfo or we will raze you to the ground. Oh your kids and women aren't going to make it as well. Our US friends will also come for all petrol in your "neighborhood"." And then cry how bad they were treated all time in history and want money for it. Seems legit as hell.
    A majority of the oil used by the USA is produced in the USA.

Please, stop the war for oil rubbish. It really shows your ignorance on the matter. You'd think someone from Poland would have a bigger understanding for Israel, seeing as how your nation has gotten the short end of the stick the last 1000 years.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Descendants of the Canaanites and etc don't deserve it and neither does Ishmael's descendants. Also most lands today don't exactly belong to their original owners.
    Well put. A voice of reason in a sea of madness.

There's no point in pointing fingers and blaming people who have had nothing to do with it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    To be fair to the Israelis, Palestinian nationalism is a fairly recent construct as well. Not that any of that matters at this point. Neither the Israelis nor the Palestinians will budge on their positions.
    Exactly. And no palestines thought it was a bad thing when two other neighbouring countries assimilated their own part of their region. You never really get to hear about that because, well, most media is disgustingly slanted against Israel and a lot of people love to hate.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    How is it a dick move?

The Axis powers lost World War One. The Ottoman Empire was a part of the Axis powers. When you lose a war, a lot of TERRIBLE things can happen to you. If you look through history, some societies that lose a war get slaughtered and wiped off the the face of the planet. Others get sent to concentration camps. Others are sold into slavery.

All that happened to the Ottoman Empire was that they got partitioned by the Allies. They decided to create the state of Israel by taking a part of the land away.

If you look at the entirety of human history, that is actually a very TAME outcome. They were merciful. The Palestinians were extremely lucky because it could have been far far worse for them if someone else conquered them instead.

And don't give me the whole "the human race has evolved beyond such things". Hell, America and Europe still believe in slavery. They still active use slave labor. It is just sanitized. We don't call them slaves anymore. We pay them a dollar a month and call them Chinese factory shop workers. Its morally acceptable because they are in China. Out of sight, out of mind.

So get off your high horse. Maybe stop buying things made in China before condemning Israel. Personally, I think the way we use Chinese people as slaves to build cheap ipods is vastly more reprehensible than the Palestinian situation.

History will condemn us for using Chinese slave labor. 500 years from now, they will call us all slave masters. But for now, I guess we just refuse to call Chinese people our slaves, and point fingers at Israel to make us feel morally superior. Whatever. It makes me sick though.
    FINALLY! Someone that has studied history!

Few people have the mind and smarts enough to actually research the origins of this.
    Seriously, I love what you just wrote. Right on the freaking money.

Deleted
    How is it a dick move?

The Axis powers lost World War One. The Ottoman Empire was a part of the Axis powers. When you lose a war, a lot of TERRIBLE things can happen to you. If you look through history, some societies that lose a war get slaughtered and wiped off the the face of the planet. Others get sent to concentration camps. Others are sold into slavery.

All that happened to the Ottoman Empire was that they got partitioned by the Allies. They decided to create the state of Israel by taking a part of the land away.

If you look at the entirety of human history, that is actually a very TAME outcome. They were merciful. The Palestinians were extremely lucky because it could have been far far worse for them if someone else conquered them instead.

And don't give me the whole "the human race has evolved beyond such things". Hell, America and Europe still believe in slavery. They still active use slave labor. It is just sanitized. We don't call them slaves anymore. We pay them a dollar a month and call them Chinese factory shop workers. Its morally acceptable because they are in China. Out of sight, out of mind.

So get off your high horse. Maybe stop buying things made in China before condemning Israel. Personally, I think the way we use Chinese people as slaves to build cheap ipods is vastly more reprehensible than the Palestinian situation.

History will condemn us for using Chinese slave labor. 500 years from now, they will call us all slave masters. But for now, I guess we just refuse to call Chinese people our slaves, and point fingers at Israel to make us feel morally superior. Whatever. It makes me sick though.
    True the founding of Israel was done by the British in land won during WW1, however that does not cover them taking more and more land. It reminds me of WW2 Germany, taking land that was once 'Theirs' because they have a right todo so and the west been to weak to stop them. If the next world war isn't started by North Korea or China i'm pretty sure Israels land stealing will be the start.

As for slavery in china answer me this, If we all just stopped buying the products what would happen? do you think the workers lives would improve? do you think the factory owners would suddenly start to pay them a real wage in the hopes of bringing western consumers back? or do you think they would lose their jobs and the little money they make and be in an even worse position.

Also 500 years from now they will more likely condemn us for ruining the planet and been to far in the pocket of fossil fuel using companies to have any real change.

I thought anonymous were done, but apparently they are still alive and kicking. I checked out their other videos, the one about the aliens was pretty cool.
    Last edited by barricade_; 2013-04-07 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    you must not understand what war is. War = "I WANT WHAT YOU HAVE, IF YOU CAN'T DEFEND IT, I WILL TAKE IT FROM YOU!" People are not expected to act chivalrous when it comes to war. Men have committed outrageous atrocities in war, because we've recently decided to try to become civilized doesn't mean we can't take what's yours.
    Wait what? Are you trying to justify it?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's odd that you would claim that the media hates Israel - Israel is heavily supported by BOTH political parties (i.e. voters don't have a choice when it comes to supporting Israel anyway) - and there are a lot of conspiracy theorists who blame 'the Jews' for the woes of the world and claim the media protects Israel because Jewish people control the industry. I don't believe in such nonsense, but I'm pretty sure they'd argue the media point with you at least.

Anyway, you can't even pretend that Israel is the victim in a war of international perspective when it is backed by the most powerful countries on the freaking planet, and Palestine's friends are Arabs using US-made weapons from the 1980s.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-04-07 at 03:59 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    As for slavery in china answer me this, If we all just stopped buying the products what would happen? do you think the workers lives would improve? do you think the factory owners would suddenly start to pay them a real wage in the hopes of bringing western consumers back? or do you think they would lose their jobs and the little money they make and be in an even worse position.
    You don't like being paid a dollar a month for manual labor?
    Tough shit. You're lucky we give you anything.

DO you see how stupid this sounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    The difference being that in the US, genocide was commited against the natives, millions were killed.

That, did not happen in the funding of presentday Israel.
    i know its off topic but millions were killed through all means including disease then umbers killed in battle probably wouldnt break 50k
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    You don't like being paid a dollar a month for manual labor?
    Tough shit. You're lucky we give you anything.

DO you see how stupid this sounds?
    I think s/he's saying that we, the consumer, have little control over this and that the government (of the countries buying from China) are the ones that need to stop it. We're in an age of globalization and big business will find the cheapest labor possible unless big government stops them. We aren't doing any favors by avoiding specific companies or anything - it's really up to the politicians (and in a small part our choice in politician, but not really).

That was what I thought of what s/he said anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I think s/he's saying that we, the consumer, have little control over this and that the government (of the countries buying from China) are the ones that need to stop it. We're in an age of globalization and big business will find the cheapest labor possible unless big government stops them. We aren't doing any favors by avoiding specific companies or anything - it's really up to the politicians (and in a small part our choice in politician, but not really).

That was what I thought of what s/he said anyway.
    If that's what s/he meant then I rescind my post.
    We do have the power (as consumers) to stop this, by not buying products. We (the collective we) don't give a shit how our iPhones are made, as long as we don't hear about it, or have to actually deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account

Not on a high horse (I think my horse is fairly diplomatic) and you're putting a lot of words in my mouth (especially the first paragraph which quotes something I hadn't said), but your perspective is pretty interesting regardless.

I often think about what the world will think of us X years down the line, and I find it is fairly impossible to see past 50-100 years in the future (socially) because of the changes in technology. Globalization is the first major change or new influence in our overall social structure in hundreds if not thousands of years, but it won't stop there. Perhaps in 150 years we will all have cybernetic bodies and therefore be able to change ourselves at will (ala Ghost in the Shell). There are hundreds of other philosophical dilemmas we've glimpsed in Sci-Fi over the years as well (a popular one is the invention of a 'true' AI, complete with sentience), and the potential for even that is probably far less than 500 years out.

Globalization (and the internet especially) have drastically accelerated the progress of mankind, but once we find a method for true mental self-improvement (genetically, biologically, or artificially), another massive growth spurt will occur... in 500 years we may be so completely unrelatable to mankind that they don't even bother learning about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    Anyone who has a USB flash drive can thank Israel for that. Likewise anyone who has ever used ICQ, used for Instant Messaging, can thank Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ries#Computing
    Oh dear god, now I have a real reason to hate Israel if they are behind the atrocity that is ICQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    True the founding of Israel was done by the British in land won during WW1, however that does not cover them taking more and more land. It reminds me of WW2 Germany, taking land that was once 'Theirs' because they have a right todo so and the west been to weak to stop them. If the next world war isn't started by North Korea or China i'm pretty sure Israels land stealing will be the start.
    Dat revisionist history...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

True the founding of Israel was done by the British in land won during WW1, however that does not cover them taking more and more land. .
    this more and more land you are referring to yet again was land obtained as the result of a war a war that Israel was forced into because they was attacked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    this more and more land you are referring to yet again was land obtained as the result of a war a war that Israel was forced into because they was attacked
    But they should have given it back after the war was over!

Oh wait, they did give it back to Egypt when Egypt agreed to not mess with them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Just kind of sad that anonymous is now so far removed from actual "hackers" that they're just people trusting the mainstream media on how awful Israel is, launching into this op with no other reason.
    wellllll anonymous is anonymous

that's kind of the point

just because anonymous did it, doesn't mean that anonymous did it

anonymous isn't an organization. anyone can be anonymous. you could go shoot up a gas station, do a naked dance wearing pantyhose on your head like it's a fuckin' doo rag, set yourself on fire, and call yourself anonymous.

For the people talking about us supporting Chinese slavery: consider the facts.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/chin...per-capita-ppp

Chinese income has increased by 3374% since 1980. It's nearly tripled from 3198.55 to 8442.24 just in the past 8 years. This is a direct result of us buying their products because we're willing to pay more for stuff than they could get elsewhere on the market. That's why they sell it to us and not someone else. US and Europe buying Chinese is causing their incomes to grow substantially. It doesn't hurt Chinese people. It hurts American and European labor, but not Chinese labor. It's not our fault that their economy is behind ours (it's where ours was in the late 30s/early 40s in GDP/capita terms right now). It will be our fault if we make laws stopping us from buying Chinese and their GDP/Capita growth rate drops substantially because we were making economic decisions our of emotion instead of an understanding of economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Just kind of sad that anonymous is now so far removed from actual "hackers" that they're just people trusting the mainstream media on how awful Israel is, launching into this op with no other reason.
    The mainstream media defended Israel when it was building settlements on soil where Palestinians still lived (yes, that means people getting bulldozed alive). Mainstream media supported Israel when it was dropping phosphorous bombs on Palestinians innocent and guilty.

No, Anonymous isn't listening to the mainstream media. Anonymous is going by what they believe be it right or wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Oh dear god, now I have a real reason to hate Israel if they are behind the atrocity that is ICQ.
    *uh oh* or whatever that sound is

Nothing significant, as someone mentioned earlier "script kiddies".