Page 1 of 3
LastLast

North Korean Nuclear Crisis explained through WoW

Been keeping up to date? See:

"In December, North Korea launched a long-range rocket, which Washington and its allies took as a provocation.
    In February, Pyongyang tested a nuclear charge, triggering international outrage, including from allies Russia and China. The United Nations increased sanctions against North Korea as a result.
    South Korea reacted with emergency military drills, demonstrating cutting-edge, pinpoint weaponry. Annual joint drills between the U.S. and South Korea followed in March."

"New reports of missile movements in North Korea have triggered military counteractions by South Korea and the United States.
    A U.S. official told CNN that two medium-range missiles have been loaded onto mobile launchers on the east coast of North Korea, but a second U.S. official said intelligence on that is not definitive.
    South Korea's semiofficial Yonhap news agency reported the missiles were ready to launch, citing military sources in Seoul. They are probably Musudan missiles, U.S. officials said. They would have a 2,500-mile range and could threaten South Korea, Japan and Southeast Asia."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/06/wo...ons/index.html

"AS diplomats ponder whether to evacuate North Korea, growing dissent has emerged among defence analysts - with some now insisting the rogue state may actually have the know-how to fire a nuclear missile."

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/gr...mpact+news_rss

What I find strange though is that tourism seems to be flowing in and out like everything's fine.
    Are we that skeptical? This whole ordeal will likely not end in nuclear armageddon, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that N. Korea will start take aggressive measures to prove their intentions. Wars have been started over less.

Deleted
    Blizzard are the ones controlling NK from the shadows.

This kinda falls apart when they try and bring iraq into it.

N.K has nothing and has always had EVERYTHING given to them through tantrums. It's not working anymore so they are turning up the tantrum.

Deleted
    have to admit, actually made me smile, though your version of events is extremely pro-western and makes a fair bit of assumptions that might or might not be true

Deleted
    This has just confused the shit outa me...

10+ Year Old Account
    wait what?! there is a Nuclear Crisis going on?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed, which is both great and disturbing (considering the subject).

However, a good video.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    This kinda falls apart when they try and bring iraq into it.

N.K has nothing and has always had EVERYTHING given to them through tantrums. It's not working anymore so they are turning up the tantrum.
    The weird thing is they haven't asked for anything yet this time around.... Usually such threats were followed up with 'we'll stop our nuclear programme if you give us food/oil/money/whatever', but since Kim-Jong Un took over it's 'our nuclear programme is non-negotiable'.

Other than that, this video is brilliant and a completely accurate representation of the situation on Azeroth.

Save Orgrimmar!

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    have to admit, actually made me smile, though your version of events is extremely pro-western and makes a fair bit of assumptions that might or might not be true
    I'm not sure it's pro-anything. All sides have some guilt, but you can't ignore the fact that N. Korea is threatening to ATTACK with nukes, not defending themselves with them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh = Un.

Good match, actually.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Well this is interesting. ;o Been mostly keeping up to date with it, but this is an entertaining interpretation of it!
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon2K View Post
    The weird thing is they haven't asked for anything yet this time around.... Usually such threats were followed up with 'we'll stop our nuclear programme if you give us food/oil/money/whatever', but since Kim-Jong Un took over it's 'our nuclear programme is non-negotiable'.
    It's like a kid trying to get his parents attention by waving scissors everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was quite interesting. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    It's like a kid trying to get his parents attention by waving scissors everywhere.
    I always thought I'd be a better kid if I'd just had a couple of warheads laying around. Instead I ran with scissors..

Deleted
    lol that was really good, nice work whoever made it

Funny stuff until somebody actually gets bombed. But, hey, I'm not anywhere near asia or america, so you guys enjoy your (nuclear) wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    This has just confused the shit outa me...
    yeah your not the only one. I mean I can't tell what he's trying to do, if he trying to explain real world politics using wow as a backdrop, or explain wow and its story though real world politics?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Its all fun and games until he stabs someone by accident.

Deleted
    very entertaining awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah your not the only one. I mean I can't tell what he's trying to do, if he trying to explain real world politics using wow as a backdrop, or explain wow and its story though real world politics?
    Real world through wow, although the in-game lore is surprisingly similar!