Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Patient Sir Nikotin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Internetz
    Posts
    204
    I was on 13 2 weeks ago, from 27 kills (4+11+12), and it was the most in our guild. And then, last week, I've got 1 from the whole raid. And I have 4 bosses killed in this lockout currently, still no drop. So, 13 from 27 and then 1 from 16. Or even 24 vs. 19, because IIRC I go my 13th Secret from Animus.
    LF something funny to place here.

    English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Still i think this RNG is kinda too harsh and certainly not alt friendly at all.
    First RNG-y part of the quest was okay, the thingies dropped at a decent rate. Then there was 6000 valor point quest. Takes long, yes. But it's steady progression, no RNG here. You know when you're done with it. Then throne of thunder comes...and oh god. They used this shitty LFR-esque personal loot system to gate the rewards in guilds i think.

    Thing is these rewards do add a lot of power to your character. gem socket, custom effect meta gem, ilvl 600 cloak etc, these are quite upgrades.
    While this was true, it would be a lot less of a RNG cock block if each step and subsequent reward wasn't tied to the previous. The 10/10 Strength/Wisdom gets you the Sha Gem. The 6K Valor + 2 BG's gets you the socket. The 20 Secrets gets you the meta. Whatever happens in 5.3 gets you the cloak.

    But given the way the parts were setup, you can't even start on the six weeks of valor capping until you get your gem (Which means all the valor you earned before that was ignored... huh? ) until RNG cooperates before that. I personally wound up with ~15 Strengths before I got my 10th Wisdom. And now, another round of RNG.

    At least this time there is only the one type of token to acquire so you don't wind up with twice the needed amount of one while farming another.

  3. #23
    Cleared LFR every week, have yet to see one drop.

    RNG sucks bro.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    While this was true, it would be a lot less of a RNG cock block if each step and subsequent reward wasn't tied to the previous. The 10/10 Strength/Wisdom gets you the Sha Gem. The 6K Valor + 2 BG's gets you the socket. The 20 Secrets gets you the meta. Whatever happens in 5.3 gets you the cloak.
    .
    don't forget. its 20 secrets, 40 bars and then 10 extra drops that only drops from the last 6 bosses and with the cloak we just need 2 talk with the celestials

  5. #25
    I am Murloc! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jagged Pass
    Posts
    5,592
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    don't forget. its 20 secrets, 40 bars and then 10 extra drops that only drops from the last 6 bosses and with the cloak we just need 2 talk with the celestials
    You need too do some challenge.

  6. #26
    RNG is RNG, even though I still hate it, wish that bad luck protection was coming earlier (that's not related to secrets, just ranting).

    On my shaman that did all of lfr as it became available I have 11 soe, my warrior that did the same amount has 2 I think... better this than that stupid 6000 valor quest...

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    don't forget. its 20 secrets, 40 bars and then 10 extra drops that only drops from the last 6 bosses and with the cloak we just need 2 talk with the celestials
    The 40 bars wasn't a problem and already have them sitting on me. The Secrets, not so much. Just finished the 5.1 stage yesterday, I only started the 5.2 stuff this week, and am currently at 1 Secret out of 6 bosses, in queue for the 3rd LFR section as I type this.

    I expect we'll be in 5.3 before I finish 5.2's stuff.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by wilqq View Post
    RNG is RNG, even though I still hate it, wish that bad luck protection was coming earlier (that's not related to secrets, just ranting).

    On my shaman that did all of lfr as it became available I have 11 soe, my warrior that did the same amount has 2 I think... better this than that stupid 6000 valor quest...
    At least the 6k valor you know you can be done in 6 weeks. (And Blizz even did a tweet saying the 6k should have been more like 2-3k...)

    You can't guaranteed you will be done with the secrets in 6 weeks. AT BEST, you can do it in 2 lockouts, but if you figure you average 3 Secrets per lockout, that's 7 lockouts.

    Edit: Okay, finished the 3rd section, got 2. Since I've only been eligible to loot them for this lockout due to needing to catch up, I'm at 3 for 9 bosses, or 33%.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-04-07 at 11:59 PM.

  8. #28
    only got 10 so far ,i also had 20 strenght sigils when i got the 10th wisdom so..well i will eventually get it so not realy that bothered anymore

  9. #29
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,581
    i have 7 and I'm 8/13 heroic for ToT25 Consider yourselves lucky

  10. #30
    I think part of the problem is we do not know what the point of the legendary is?
    What I mean by that is it a tool for progression?
    Is it a pretty orange gem to show off while you sit in Org or Stormwind?
    Is it made for secondary progression raids? (those just now starting up Heroic modes or a couple fights in?
    Is it a tool for people to use it for content once they are fulling lfr geared so they can progress in normals?

    My guild is one of those 2nd tier heroic raiders, we are on a casual schedule (9 hours a week) but we are 3/13 heroic. We have 1 person with the meta and 2 that are within 1 or 2 secrets of moving to the next phase.

    If we use my guild as a example then the meta is used for showing off in Org because having 1 person with it and 3 with it by the time we are half way through progression doesnt really mean much. If its to help progression then the drop rate should be doubled so people can actually have it FOR progression.

    It reminds me of the time in DS where heroic hunters were being sat for several fights and complaining loudly and GC in his infinite wisdom responed that: Hunters dps will be fine once they get the heroic bow off of Deathwing...

    For those that dont understand that... he designed it so that once progression was done and you no longer needed to min/max dps to progress... you would be able to max your dps by having the weapon off the last boss of the tier...

    /facepalm

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I think part of the problem is we do not know what the point of the legendary is?
    What I mean by that is it a tool for progression?
    Is it a pretty orange gem to show off while you sit in Org or Stormwind?
    Is it made for secondary progression raids? (those just now starting up Heroic modes or a couple fights in?
    Is it a tool for people to use it for content once they are fulling lfr geared so they can progress in normals?

    My guild is one of those 2nd tier heroic raiders, we are on a casual schedule (9 hours a week) but we are 3/13 heroic. We have 1 person with the meta and 2 that are within 1 or 2 secrets of moving to the next phase.

    If we use my guild as a example then the meta is used for showing off in Org because having 1 person with it and 3 with it by the time we are half way through progression doesnt really mean much. If its to help progression then the drop rate should be doubled so people can actually have it FOR progression.

    It reminds me of the time in DS where heroic hunters were being sat for several fights and complaining loudly and GC in his infinite wisdom responed that: Hunters dps will be fine once they get the heroic bow off of Deathwing...

    For those that dont understand that... he designed it so that once progression was done and you no longer needed to min/max dps to progress... you would be able to max your dps by having the weapon off the last boss of the tier...

    /facepalm
    You're going to have a ton of metas for the hardest bosses in the zone... that's a huge "progression" buff.

  12. #32
    Already a topic about this more or less:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...re-do-you-have

    10/20 with 5 bosses remaining this reset. Hopefully I'll have it done by month's end, but last week I got 0 from 9 boss kills.

  13. #33
    three of my friends who run a 10 man have had theirs since last week. no one in my 25 man has it. they are 4/13, we are 3/13.

    DAT 25 MAN LOOT

    (i have 15 and i'm the closest to it in the raid group)
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-04-18 at 04:13 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  14. #34
    Was at 11/20, then suddenly got lucky with the last 9 in only 14 kills.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •