Desktop Placement

So as I see a lot of people choose to put their desktops actually on top of the desk. Mine is currently on a little wooden "cart" that came with the desk. So it's not on the carpet.

Any particular reason for this, or just so you can all see your desktop/have easier access to it? I can't think of any reason, other than keeping it off the static filled carpet, or the dirty floor.

Keeps it away from the floor and the dust, I can't knock a drink over on it, I don't have space anywhere else.

I put mine on my desk for two reasons: 1) Because it is easily accessible and 2) Because I don't have room for it anywhere else.

It doesn't really matter where you put it, as long as it has adequate airflow around it and it isn't directly on the floor (because of dirt/dust).

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people might have it up on their desk for looks, too. Big window, good cable management, and some lights.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On a wooden coffee table my great Granddad made to the side. Up over the floor and away from all the dust and shit. Easy access blah blah noteworthynerd is a nerd Doctor wannabe lols.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I have to keep mine on the floor since I have an 800D and it's too large to put on a desk for me. I have laminate floors though that I Swiffer every couple of days for dust along with every fan having a filter.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have to keep mine on the floor since I have an 800D and it's too large to put on a desk for me. I have laminate floors though that I Swiffer every couple of days for dust along with every fan having a filter.
    And I have a HAF X, trust me, if you tried, you could find a surface to put the 800D on, but it sounds like the main thing is - you don't need to. The only cases that are too large for a desk would be one from like Silverstone (TJ11 anyone?) or the ones from that company that I forget the name of who make the cases for several computers inside one case. Then again... bigger desks always exist, just need a strong structure.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    And I have a HAF X, trust me, if you tried, you could find a surface to put the 800D on, but it sounds like the main thing is - you don't need to. The only cases that are too large for a desk would be one from like Silverstone (TJ11 anyone?) or the ones from that company that I forget the name of who make the cases for several computers inside one case. Then again... bigger desks always exist, just need a strong structure.

Put that thing on your desk
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    YES brb ordering three!
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post

Put that thing on your desk
    looks like a hampster cage

Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    looks like a hampster cage
    More like one for ferrets.

Deleted
    I can't even imagine how loud that thing would be fully loaded up with fans, that's like 52 fans from what I can count on the picture.