Are dps shammans pvp viable?

If so, what spec is most viable? Would feral top them?

Deleted
    I believe ele shammys are still at the bottom of the barrel in pvp, prolly the weakest caster. Enha shammys are "okay" but not great. They can be really good if played correctly and with a good comp, like Beastcleave (chech Shamguards, US)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amguard/simple

That's Vanguards alt shammy, playing enha with Beastcleave.
    Ferals might have more playable comps and in my opinion they clearly beat Eles and go neck-and-neck with enhas.

Bouth ElE and Enh arent great in PvP but they are playable
    Ehn is playable at Arenas with classes that can outy put big damage becous enh is more like support class insted of DPS( DK, Warriors , Hunters are playable with ENH meby Fdruid and rogue too )
    But as Enh you will got hard time to find RBG not becous enh is crap but becous msot people even dont wona heard about enh on RBG no matter how good you are

Ele is playable on bouth Arenas an RBG , on arenas if you play ele usualy you will be target nr1 all time , if you wona play arena as Ele find SP, Lock , Mag boomkin or Rogue, overal Ele damage on arens is good but its jsut easy to counter his burst
    on RBG ele is quite good , you got TS good for AB and EotS and quite decent DPS if you not tuneled

So my sugestion if Arenas only bout Ele/enh are valiable if RBG and your not the leader better go Ele becus in mind of meny people Enh is jsut for Fun spec so you will have probles to get in

Feral definitely comes out on top of ele and enhance. More survivability, damage, mobility, cc just about everything :/

Both are ok in the hands of skilled people with the right partners. The problem is that those partners limit themselves by taking the Shaman instead of another class.

Both Ele and Enhance have good burst but both are a little too easily controlled in that burst.

Basically you want a zerg comp.

Deleted
    Wait until 5.3, both specs will be very competitive then thanks to passive DR and totem HP buffs.

Ele is a good RBG and random BG spec whereas enh is more suited to arena but ele is still viable in top end arena but it's quite tough.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2013-04-08 at 03:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ele is amazing in RBGs, both spec kinda nonexsistant in arena. While trained, neither spec can do anything. Feral by far more viable in arenas, as for RBG, i think feral is in the same spot as enhance, why would you bring one, if you can bring anything else instead.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    well you can play it expecially with some comps that can control enemies and protect you, but tbh we have almost no control and really no survivability while trained so its really frustraiting to play arenas atm

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Enhc is the worst melee and Ele is the worst caster. But they're not terrible or nothing, just because they're the worst melee doesn't make them bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Enhc is the worst melee and Ele is the worst caster. But they're not terrible or nothing, just because they're the worst melee doesn't make them bad.
    What are you trying to say...?

Deleted
    Both specs have very scary burst potential even without some retarded OP trinket.

Enh: Ascendance Stormblast is extremely powerful if it crits, easily crits 100-150k on resil targets.
    Ele: Ele blast + Fulm + Lava surge = some of the biggest non-cooldown burst in the game.

The only thing missing from DPS shaman is a way to setup a kill in arena. Capacitor Totem should be lowered to 3 sec baseline with 2 sec glyph to make it more eligible or a greater blast radius.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    That every other spec is better than ele and enha (except maybe ret pala), but they're still somewhat viable in the right comps.
    ret have highest burst of all meles atm, really good survivability and mobility, etleast 2 or 3 good reliable CCs
    im not sure where you get info they are bad in pvp
    i could say that we are in similiar situation to ferals but thy have stealth so they are initating the fight instead of taking everything on face like we have to, and they have couple stuns + cyclone to use also what i can hardly say about shaman
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-04-08 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enh survivability is by far the worst in PVP.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rets have good survivability...? Wat? All they have is 5 min bubble, it's shit.

And compare that to enha survivability
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

15+ Year Old Account
    Rets have good survivability...? Wat? All they have is 5 min bubble, it's shit.
    yea they have buble and its beter than all our defense alltogether they have also much beter mobility, range execute and realiable CCs, they can also help friends much more and heal much more even without they combo points and dont forget they have pasive which regenerate shitloads of mana even when they dont hit anything

I tried ele cause i really like the playstyle. While in rbg i was kicking it, in arenas it was just a pain and i gave up. In arena you will have from second 3 till you die ppl beating down on you. And since our def cds are shit, our cc is shit too and OS heal is also shit evrything is just full of shit. So in 2s it look slike this: Your partner does nothing else then try to peel for you while you run blowing all cds n stuff you have to keep you alive. Its basicly similar like if you are resto, except that as resto you live longer and your partner can also try dps instead of only peel

Gotta love constructive posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Wait until 5.3, both specs will be very competitive then thanks to passive DR and totem HP buffs.

Ele is a good RBG and random BG spec whereas enh is more suited to arena but ele is still viable in top end arena but it's quite tough.
    US numbers:

Once you filter out the shaman who are actually playing elemental the numbers are pathetic.

RBG Elemental Shaman over 2200: 4 confirmed and 2 more possible (using PvE gear).

3v3 Elemental Shaman over 2200: 8 total (4 from Bloodlust, 1 from Nightfall, 1 from Ruin, 1 from Stormstrike, 1 from Vindication).

Numbers from Blizzard PvP ladders.
    Last edited by Blitond; 2013-04-09 at 06:28 PM.

I never knew pain in PvP until I played a class that hard casts +90% of the time and all out of the same spell school.

Enhance is fun in pve and pvp, just don't expect to get very far up in ladders or ratings. Resto is definately the pvp spec for shamans if you're aiming high.

Enhance offers great burst every 2-3 mins or so, so quick fast zergs are on their side. Problem is surviving that long or even the first 20 secs of combat.
    We are always the first target in arenas, at least that's my opinion. We literally have no tools against stuns except one trinket and no stun for ourselves to give out, and no capacitor totem does not count, haven't seen a player so dumb to stand in that weak ass radius even in the 0 rating arenas, so against warriors, which majority are playing now, cause well op is op, we are doomed unless outgearing them.

Pretty much any class with more than 2 stuns are pain in the ass and lethal to us, which at the moment seem to be nearly every other melee class. With Ascendance clothies go down fast so your best bet is to try to survive the first wave of stuns somehow, with teammates help preferred then popping cds and blasting down healers with purge on the spam, excluding mages, the blizzard favorites. Priests and warriors are reigning one expansion, mages for 10 years. But yeah, your best bets are against priests, warlocks, monks, paladins and hunters.

Having a paladin teammate is half the meal just bop the first stun wave and you're golden then blast away their weakest link pref healer and for the second stun wave, run or die.