Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Give hunters 1h pistols for dual-wielding

The title says it.
    Comment your thoughts and discuiss.

Bootstrapper throws a delicious chocolate filled cookie at you!

While people would like it, there's really no room in the game for ANOTHER weapon type usable by 1 class, and that's pretty much thread. :S

Heartbeat sensor or gtfo.
    Look! Words!

Better yet, add a Gunslinger class
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Better yet, add a Gunslinger class
    Make it a Tinker spec and I am sold

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:16 PM ----------

Yes. We need them. It would be so fun. And it could be easily add.

Demo locks have a glyph that splits their Shadow Bolt into three smaller bolts. I could see them doing a Minor glyph for Hunters that causes a cosmetic effect like this. Break each attack down into two separate attacks, same DMG.
    Have any questions about the Warlords beta? Ask me!
    <WoD Beta Club>

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Make it a Tinker spec and I am sold

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:16 PM ----------

Yes. We need them. It would be so fun. And it could be easily add.
    It could not easily be added in. If they made a ''Tinker'' spec... there wouldn't be room for engineering. Or well, I guess it would, but... I don't feel like a class like that would fit into the game. It would be like adding a GW 2 engineer into WoW and renaiming it Gunslinger, at least if they did add the Tinker spec.

Actually, if they did it right it could work, but I'd much rather see 1H pistols for hunters. I honestly don't think it would be tooo hard to fix either.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    While people would like it, there's really no room in the game for ANOTHER weapon type usable by 1 class, and that's pretty much thread. :S
    Well, in Throne of Tunder it drops 4 different ranged weapons for the hunter class. 2 bows, 1 crossbow and 1 gun. I'd rather remove one of the bows and add in 1H pistols. I don't rly see how that would affect anyone else either. It would just add more variety to the gameplay.

I think the easiest way to add this "Gunslinger" feeling is adding the 1h guns with a new spec for hunters (that NEEDS to have the gunslinger style, being named like that or not).

I mean, a Beastmaster spamming Kill Command with 2 pistols is not the same thing as a real Gunslinger, let's face it!

This is something they have already marked as "possible", but never said anything above that...

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrapper View Post
    It could not easily be added in. If they made a ''Tinker'' spec... there wouldn't be room for engineering. Or well, I guess it would, but... I don't feel like a class like that would fit into the game. It would be like adding a GW 2 engineer into WoW and renaiming it Gunslinger, at least if they did add the Tinker spec.

Actually, if they did it right it could work, but I'd much rather see 1H pistols for hunters. I honestly don't think it would be two hard to fix either.
    Thoughts where meant to be taken as two different posts. Also the Tinker idea was for a class not a spec.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-04-07 at 03:49 AM.

Instead of adding a new hero class or a new race or whatever for the next expac they should just add a 4th spec to all classes, and thus create a hunter spec dedicated to duel wielding small ranged weapons. Also marksman needs to be that dedicated no pet spec that some hunters have wanted so long.

On a more serious note, the only way I could see them making this happen is if the next class uses ranged weapons, basically the loot tables right now can be annoying enough for a hunter to gear up.

I'll take the Tac 45 with long barrel and extended mag thank you very much

Blizzard actually said back in cata they would actually love to do that, but it would take huge amounts of time, since there are no animations in for that and they would have to make it from scratch..

AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4181/dancing.jpg !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Demo locks have a glyph that splits their Shadow Bolt into three smaller bolts. I could see them doing a Minor glyph for Hunters that causes a cosmetic effect like this. Break each attack down into two separate attacks, same DMG.
    Damn, it would be SO cool if they managed to do that. If the glyph managed to actually 50% our dmg, but we shot 50% faster and also change the look of our weapon into pistols or something. Would be SO cool.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Instead of adding a new hero class or a new race or whatever for the next expac they should just add a 4th spec to all classes, and thus create a hunter spec dedicated to duel wielding small ranged weapons. Also marksman needs to be that dedicated no pet spec that some hunters have wanted so long.
    Yeah, I've been thinking about somethin' like this myself. This would be the perfect solution in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suzisuicide View Post
    Blizzard actually said back in cata they would actually love to do that, but it would take huge amounts of time, since there are no animations in for that and they would have to make it from scratch..

AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4181/dancing.jpg !
    Haha, yeah... The only reason I bought WOTLK was for the new dances

I vote no......
    For the plain fact that the stupid gun noise is annoying enough already.
    It's duAl wield btw.... Duels are something different

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I vote no......
    For the plain fact that the stupid gun noise is annoying enough already.
    It's duAl wield btw.... Duels are something different
    Well, if they add pistols it will hopefully have another sound effect. Maybe something lighter.

why not just add a Shotgun, and a nuke.. gg :P

Quote Originally Posted by kojoo86 View Post
    why not just add a Shotgun, and a nuke.. gg :P
    They all ready did.

Add in Tec - 9s. Makes as much sense.

How the hell do you figure duel pistols fit the the style and feel of the hunter class? They aren't freaking mobsters or pirates. Imagine going deer hunting with 2 pistols. When I think hunter, I think of an outdoorsman tracking targets and taking down game. A scout type that can hit a target with a bow/rifle at long distances. Not Duke Nukem capping bitches with his Mac 10's.
    Last edited by verhoef3; 2013-04-07 at 06:18 PM.

This would be awesome for sure